All Stars Handicap parking

SWofDisorder

Expatriate Fun
Is there a fee to park at the all stars with a handicap parking placket? We have a reservation for 4 nights but worry about the parking.

Maybe, maybe not. Somewhere among all these forums is a response from Disney saying no. One response.

Expect to be charged, i.e. budget for it. He pleasantly surprised if you're not.

If you booked prior to the March cut-off, you don't pay to park anyway.

We stayed at Pop back in June and had not made the reservation prior to the March deadline. When we arrived at Pop via our own vehicle, we reported to the guard at the gate that we were checking in. He asked for my name but did not mention anything about parking or a fee. Since we did online check in, we were able to go right to our room. Using online check in, we were never asked about whether we had a vehicle and we did not receive a parking pass. We parked in a handicap space near our building. Upon check out, we had no charges for parking.

In hindsight, I wonder if it was because I was in a handicap space that no one seemed to care that I did not have a parking pass and/or I was not charged for parking. I also wonder what would have happened if I were parked in a "regular" space without a parking pass. At that point, how would they know whose car it is and which room to charge? Would they tow?

This whole parking fee seems to be on an "honor system" without Disney being able to enforce it very efficiently.

On our next trip, we will be using ME, so parking will not be a concern, but I do wonder about it!

I will be at POFQ in less than a month, and have been told by the GMs office at POFQ that there will be no charge for parking my personal car at POFQ, as long as I am parked in a handicapped spot with appropriate tags/placards/hangtags.

I emailed the GMs office, and his team responded within 24 hours, so this is *not* information from the Res CMs but directly from the Resort itself.

We recently stayed at All-Star Sports with a handicapped tag in our vehicle. We also had ECV's. I took a picture of the handicapped tag to have on hand to show as proof. However, when I checked in, the cast member asked me if we parked in a handicapped spot. I said yes and she said that the parking fees would be waived. And they were. And we booked after the March deadline. But as a previous poster stated, budget for it just in case and then be happy to have a little extra spending money!

Just back from a split stay - stayed at All Star Movies and Pop Century. We were not charged parking at either resort. I had emailed WDW prior to our trip and was advised that there was no fee for parking as long as our accessible hang tag/placard was visible. When I checked in at All Star Movies, I advised I was renting a car and presented to the CM our handicapped placard and she said no problem. I inquired if parking was only free if we used an accessible spot and she replied no, it is complimentary with the placard. I will advise that there are not many accessible parking spots at the resorts and there were times we could not get an accessible spot, especially at Pop Century. We were given a paper parking pass to put in our window at All Star Movies but nothing at Pop. I was advised that if we used our vehicle to go to the parks, the CMs at the toll plaza will scan your magic band.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!