All Stars Sports or Coronado Springs for WDW marathon 2021?

chantaldb

Mouseketeer
Okay, I know the WDW 2020 marathon weekend is still only halfway, but I like to plan ahead....Received hotel information for the 2021 WDW marathon weekend from the official travel agent in the Netherlands today. Choice of hotels is the All Stars Sports or Coronado Springs. Any recommendations? Which resort would be the most convenient for the early morning buses to the start?

If I had the choice I would go with Coronado Springs, it’ll be the quieter choice. I haven’t stayed at all stars but I’ve stayed at Coronado. Some of the rooms can be a walk to get to the dining for drinks and such but we enjoyed it. You can’t really go wrong with either one depending on your budget though.

Thanks, convenience is my main criterium. Budgetwise there's a difference of course, but as it is a short stay and I will be travelling solo (just for the runs), it's not such a big deal. Quieter is certainly a good point ,as I want some early nights - taking advantage of my European "jet lag" (early bus out to start at 3 AM Florida time would be a manageable 9 AM my time :-) !

We stayed at All Stars Movies for the 2019 Marathon, it was great. We were in a newly renovated room. They are smaller resorts so I was a short walk to food and transportation.

We’ve stayed at CSR twice non-race trips and I wouldn’t want to stay at a larger resort for race weekend.

We are probably going back in 2021 for the Goofy and will stay at an All Star or Epcot resort. Depending on what we decide our budget will be. Going with friends so splitting the cost of the room.

Stayed at Coronado for last year's races and it worked very well. The buses to and from the races were reasonably quick the whole weekend. If definitely recommend it.

One caveat: you want a room reasonably close to the lobby. Coronado is really spread out and some of the rooms can be a good hike. Usually we don't care about this but it really matters of you just ran 26.2 miles.

I love Coronado Springs as a general vacation resort. The property is beautiful. However, I hated it when I stayed there for Marathon Weekend due to the spread out nature of the property. Some of the further rooms can be as much as 3/4 mile from the resort center and food court.

I love Coronado Springs as a general vacation resort. The property is beautiful. However, I hated it when I stayed there for Marathon Weekend due to the spread out nature of the property. Some of the further rooms can be as much as 3/4 mile from the resort center and food court.
I'd add that the new bridges have made a HUGE difference! We were way back in Ranchos and it only took six minutes to get to the El Centro bus stop when crossing the bridges. That being said, we'd prefer to stay in the tower next time because it is so beautiful and not much more expensive. I will probably try to stay in the tower for Marathon Weekend next year since the resort is so quiet.

I just got back from marathon weekend and I stayed at Pop Century for most of the nights amd the last night I was at Coronado springs. I was not a fan of Coronado springs. It is way too big for a race weekend. I think pop century is closer in size to the All-Star resorts so that is the one I would go with. I would never stay at Coronado springs for a race weekend.

I stayed in a standard room at Coronado Springs for marathon weekend in 2014. I was not a fan of the huge groups of charity runners making lots of noise the night before the half marathon, both in the “quiet pools” and courtyards. Not sure if that’s still the hotel of choice for Team in Training room blocks, but I’ve avoided it ever since. I know I’m a party pooper but I value sleep before a race.

Thanks for all the input. I booked the All Stars Sports in the end, thinking it might be easier to upgrade than to downgrade if I change my mind. Up till this year they offered Pop Century, which I woudl have preferred.

Thanks for all the input. I booked the All Stars Sports in the end, thinking it might be easier to upgrade than to downgrade if I change my mind. Up till this year they offered Pop Century, which I woudl have preferred.

I stayed at All Star Sports for Marathon weekend 2018, and it was great! It wasn't too spread out - it was a quick walk to the buses as well as the main dining area.

I liked that there was just one bus pickup point, so no confusion or getting passed by full buses and worrying about making it to the start on time (I'm looking at you Port Orleans Riverside 2013).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter