All things 50th anniversary!!

Jennygt

DIS Veteran
I am seriously thinking of comming for the oct 1 anniversary, are we crazy? We are expecting crowds but with some planning and managed expectations I think it could be amazing! I’m looking forward to what they announce for the celebration that weekend, if anything. I’m already thinking what would be important for us to experience that day? Where to eat ? Etc....is anyone else planning for this too??

The anniversary is officially Oct 1, 2021 still about 20 months away.

Word on the street is they'll start celebrating before that, possibly May 2021 or even sooner. The anniversary should also last well into the beginning 2022 as they finish rolling out the '50 new things for the 50th Anni'.

We will definitely want to visit during that time too! :D

The anniversary is officially Oct 1, 2021 still about 20 months away.

Word on the street is they'll start celebrating before that, possibly May 2021 or even sooner. The anniversary should also last well into the beginning 2022 as they finish rolling out the '50 new things for the 50th Anni'.

We will definitely want to visit during that time too! :D
We hope it starts before Oct 1, 2021 as we will be on our honeymoon at Disney that Summer and can't wait until Oct as my Fiancee is a teacher but we still want to be there during the celebration of the 50th.

We hope it starts before Oct 1, 2021 as we will be on our honeymoon at Disney that Summer and can't wait until Oct as my Fiancee is a teacher but we still want to be there during the celebration of the 50th.
@tguz - Best of luck, and wishing you (and your future hubby) nothing but love, joy, laughter, happiness, and magic in your upcoming life together!!

I've also been wondering how/when they'll start the celebrations. Will they start Jan 2021 or Oct 2021 and when will they stop? I feel like if they start before the actual date we may not see it go much into 2022, but if they kick it off with the actual Oct 1st date then I could see them celebrating until Oct 2022. I'm wondering if they're not going to announce that until they see how far along they are with all the new attractions. I'm sure they want all or a majority of it to be done for that Oct time frame. I'm not so concerned with being there for the celebrations I just want to be sure the next time I go that the Mary Poppins attraction is open.

Thanks!!!! Just to correct things just a bit.....I will be the hubby (Todd) and Tracee will be the bride, she is the teacher. :) We both appreciate your well wishes!!
Okay, I've forgotten my basic English classes, and didn't pay attention to the "extra e" on fiancee. Color me :o

As long as it goes into 2022 I am happy. I am planning our first trip tentatively February 2022.

DH and I started a list for what to expect for 50th and keep adding to it. So far:

MK-
New Fireworks
Night Parade (MSEP?)
Tron

EP-
Rooftop Gardens
HarmoniUS
Guardians Rewind
Ratatouille
Mary Poppins ride
New Moana area
Magenta path unveiling

HS-
StarWars Hotel

AK-
Dino refurb?

When Disneyland did their 50th "Happiest Homecoming on Earth" it lasted 18 months.

July 17, 2005 was the actually anni, celebrated May 5, 2005 to September 30, 2006. I think it's safe to assume WDW will squeeze at least 12 months out of this opportunity, maybe 18 or more. The big question nobody can answer yet is when it'll start.
that would be great if they made it last that long! i was hoping for January of 2022

DH and I started a list for what to expect for 50th and keep adding to it. So far:

MK-
New Fireworks
Night Parade (MSEP?)
Tron

EP-
Rooftop Gardens
HarmoniUS
Guardians Rewind
Ratatouille
Mary Poppins ride
New Moana area
Magenta path unveiling

HS-
StarWars Hotel

AK-
Dino refurb?

Just to comment:
MK:
- I don't think a new night parade is a gurantee.

EPCOT:
- Moana is just a water feature not a full area (just don't want your expecations to mismatch the reality)
- No chance the Mary Poppins ride is open for the 50th.
- Rumors going around that the Rooftop Gardens (and that entire building) may be pushed back to a next phase and not be open for the 50th.

AK
- No news on anything concrete happening to Dino area, really wouldn't expect anything big there for the 50th

I think there will be a lot of smaller things that do happen for the 50th - like adding characters to It's a Small World, updating the last scene in Carousel of Progress, things like that (just examples)

Just to comment:
MK:
- I don't think a new night parade is a gurantee.

EPCOT:
- Moana is just a water feature not a full area (just don't want your expecations to mismatch the reality)
- No chance the Mary Poppins ride is open for the 50th.
- Rumors going around that the Rooftop Gardens (and that entire building) may be pushed back to a next phase and not be open for the 50th.

AK
- No news on anything concrete happening to Dino area, really wouldn't expect anything big there for the 50th

I think there will be a lot of smaller things that do happen for the 50th - like adding characters to It's a Small World, updating the last scene in Carousel of Progress, things like that (just examples)
I should've been more clear... things DH & I expect/suspect. Things opening in 2+yrs (big & small) could be included with 50 for 50th. WDW has a great opportunity cashing in with all these changes underway. Likely to celebrate 12 months, maybe even 18 like DL? We're excited! :D

MK will probably unveil a night parade, but not a new one. Possibly they bring back MSEP with an added new float or two, that would be cheapest for them and still placate the many guests who want a night parade again. Plus some of the 50 will play on WDW nostalgia, MSEP fits that bill too.

The MK fireworks could change for the 50th, even knowing HEA FW only replace Wishes a couple years ago. I've read there's been discussion about changes to include more projections all over MK so people don't fell obligated to huddle in the hub every viewing. Maybe add drones too?

Mary Poppins is an over reach but if i wish hard enough... maybe 🤷‍♀️ Not really, probably 2023 or further. I have no clue what exactly the water/Moana area will include but interesting nonetheless.

Looking back at billboard pics inside HS from April 2016 right before major demolition phase began, SWGE & TSL seemed an eternity away at the time, lol.

2016 April WDW HS GE billboard.jpg2016 April WDW HS TSL billboard during construction phase.jpg

I should've been more clear... things DH & I expect/suspect. Things opening in 2+yrs (big & small) could be included with 50 for 50th. WDW has a great opportunity cashing in with all these changes underway. Likely to celebrate 12 months, maybe even 18 like DL? We're excited! :D

MK will probably unveil a night parade, but not a new one. Possibly they bring back MSEP with an added new float or two, that would be cheapest for them and still placate the many guests who want a night parade again. Plus some of the 50 will play on WDW nostalgia, MSEP fits that bill too.

The MK fireworks could change for the 50th, even knowing HEA FW only replace Wishes a couple years ago. I've read there's been discussion about changes to include more projections all over MK so people don't fell obligated to huddle in the hub every viewing. Maybe add drones too?

Mary Poppins is an over reach but if i wish hard enough... maybe 🤷‍♀️ Not really, probably 2023 or further. I have no clue what exactly the water/Moana area will include but interesting nonetheless.

Looking back at billboard pics inside HS from April 2016 right before major demolition phase began, SWGE & TSL seemed an eternity away at the time, lol.

View attachment 464146View attachment 464149

Gotcha! I think something new in the evenings for MK is defiunitely likely, just haven't seen anything confirmed/heavily rumored

One thing to keep in mind with EPCOT is their 40th is 1 year after the MK 50th so some of their updates might be saved for that - or at the least I think Disney feels less preasure to get *everything* done there for WDW 50th knowing that park has a celebration a year later

Gotcha! I think something new in the evenings for MK is defiunitely likely, just haven't seen anything confirmed/heavily rumored

One thing to keep in mind with EPCOT is their 40th is 1 year after the MK 50th so some of their updates might be saved for that - or at the least I think Disney feels less pressure to get *everything* done there for WDW 50th knowing that park has a celebration a year later
Good point about Epcot's 40th. Less pressure with the timeline there. Reworked Spaceship Earth's 'launching' is a good candidate for that.

I'd love to see the final 50 for WDW/MK 50th list. There probably isn't a hard copy yet with them not being 100% certain, especially about the smaller stuff. 50 things is alot, wow. It feels so far away but it'll be here before we know it.

I wonder how much the AP tickets will increase in preparation for the 50th anniversary. I know they always go up a bit each year, but I can see the possibility of a bigger than usual increase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!