Update April 6th: Most ABD tours cancelled through April 30th, 2021 & cruise packages and escapes through Aug 10th.

Out of curiosity have they actually purchased said airfare..? I'm not sure when they usually send you flight info as we've not done that through them before.
Yes, ABD's Travel Department really just acts like a Travel Agent when they book. They don't have bulk airfare or group discounts, or anything like that, like DCL and other cruiselines do. You tell them what you are looking for, and they'll send you a proposal for 2 or 3 different tickets, and you can either accept one of them or not, and if you accept it, they purchase it right then. You can also tell them *exactly* the flight and times, etc, that you want, and they'll use that as one of the proposals if they're able to get it. Most times (but not always) I've found they can get the same flights I want at a bit of a savings.

If you cancel, you're on your own with the flights. You *might* be able to get a refund or credit from the airlines. I've found if you're willing to pay the "change fee" you can almost always re-use a cancelled ticket. I'm not sure what the time limit is on that.

Sayhello

Yes, ABD's Travel Department really just acts like a Travel Agent when they book. They don't have bulk airfare or group discounts, or anything like that, like DCL and other cruiselines do. You tell them what you are looking for, and they'll send you a proposal for 2 or 3 different tickets, and you can either accept one of them or not, and if you accept it, they purchase it right then. You can also tell them *exactly* the flight and times, etc, that you want, and they'll use that as one of the proposals if they're able to get it. Most times (but not always) I've found they can get the same flights I want at a bit of a savings.

If you cancel, you're on your own with the flights. You *might* be able to get a refund or credit from the airlines. I've found if you're willing to pay the "change fee" you can almost always re-use a cancelled ticket. I'm not sure what the time limit is on that.

Sayhello

Thank you for fully explaining it..! I assumed they would book it later on, as DCL can and they do with prize packages.

We just got our PIF warning for our river cruise for the 1st week of July. I would cancel in a heartbeat, but I've got $3K of non-refundable airfare bought through ABD. If they cancel the trip, I get that back, if I cancel, no refunds.

if you’re on the July 3rd ABD Danube River cruise then you’re on the same one I’m on. I definitely understand your concern. My ABD Budapest Short Escape and Danube River Cruise were canceled last year and I moved them to this year. Because I’m DVC, I used points to make my reservation. Right now I’m waiting for ABD to cancel the trip So I can move it to next year. I called recently to check on the numbers and a vacationista told me there were about 46 people on the river cruise and six on the short escape when I asked. My guess is that people have been moving their reservations, but that there’s still time for ABD to book more guests if Europe re-opens to US tourists. If it’s any help, I normally just check the Amawaterways website to see which itineraries they have canceled. Since they are the company that actually has the boat, they normally post faster than ABD does about the cancellations. Unfortunately, Amawaterys is only canceling river cruises about 45 days out, so we will probably have to wait until May before a determination is made. Only 2 more months of waiting to go!

if you’re on the July 3rd ABD Danube River cruise then you’re on the same one I’m on. I definitely understand your concern. My ABD Budapest Short Escape and Danube River Cruise were canceled last year and I moved them to this year. Because I’m DVC, I used points to make my reservation. Right now I’m waiting for ABD to cancel the trip So I can move it to next year. I called recently to check on the numbers and a vacationista told me there were about 46 people on the river cruise and six on the short escape when I asked. My guess is that people have been moving their reservations, but that there’s still time for ABD to book more guests if Europe re-opens to US tourists. If it’s any help, I normally just check the Amawaterways website to see which itineraries they have canceled. Since they are the company that actually has the boat, they normally post faster than ABD does about the cancellations. Unfortunately, Amawaterys is only canceling river cruises about 45 days out, so we will probably have to wait until May before a determination is made. Only 2 more months of waiting to go!
I’m in/on the same boat. I would love to be able to travel, but I don’t see it happening. I already have plans for 2022 (fingers crossed), so I really just want the refund at this point. I don’t see how these countries open up to tourists in a matter of months.

My wife and I are on the July 1 Rhine river cruise (including the tour of the shipyard to see the Wish being built) and just got an email yesterday about the final payment being due on April 2. I have not booked any airfare yet, because I was waiting to see if AbD was going to cancel or not. If we were to cancel, we would forfeit our deposit, since we booked this vacation before they have the more lenient policies.

Does anyone know if we could move this to a different one without any penalty?

April 1, 2021

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
The health and safety of our Guests and Team Members remains a top priority for our team at Adventures by Disney as we continue to refine our protocols for our eventual return to service.
Adventures by Disney is continuing to assess future travel operations on a destination-by-destination basis. As we work towards resuming operations, Adventures by Disney has made the decision to suspend all departures through Friday, April 30, 2021, with the exception of the following:
  • March 15: Arizona and Utah Adventures
  • April 10: Costa Rica Adventure
Adventures by Disney will contact all impacted Guests or their Travel Agents with updated information and options. We will continue to make adjustments as necessary and will notify Guests immediately should there be changes to their itinerary.
Guests who have air travel booked through Adventures by Disney are able to work directly with Adventures by Disney to change and/or cancel their air travel arrangements. Guests who booked their own air travel arrangements should contact their airlines directly to make the appropriate changes.
Disney Cruise Line Extends Suspension of All Departures through May 2021 and Disney Magic Sailings through August 10
Our team at Disney Cruise Line remains focused on the health and well-being of our Guests and team members. Disney Cruise Line is carefully preparing for a return to service following the guidelines issued by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
As Disney Cruise Line continues to refine its protocols and await further technical guidance from the CDC, all sailings departing through May 2021 have been cancelled. Additionally, Disney Cruise Line has also made the decision to cancel Disney Magic sailings through August 10, 2021. Read more about Disney Cruise Line's operational updates. opens in a new window
As a result, most Adventures by Disney cruise packages and Escapes booked in conjunction with these sailings are also cancelled. Impacted sailings include Disney Magic departures on May 22, May 29, June 4, June 11, June 19, June 27, July 6, July 11, July 17, July 23, July 30 and August 10, 2021 and the Disney Wonder sailing on May 31, 2021.
Guests who have purchased any of the above Adventures by Disney cruise packages or Escapes will automatically be refunded in the form of their original payment.
If you wish to speak with a representative directly, please contact a member of the reservation team at (866) 325-6685 or (407) 566-7797.

ADVENTURES BY DISNEY GUEST HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS
As we welcome you back to exploring the world with us, promoting health and safety is a top priority. We are resuming trips with multiple layers of health and safety measures developed in consideration of guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, local and international health authorities, the U.S. Travel Association, and The Walt Disney Company’s team of health experts. These measures include proof of a negative PCR COVID-19 test before joining any trip, face coverings and physical distancing. Learn more about Guest Health and Safety Protocols.

IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE AND TEMPORARY CANCELLATION POLICY UPDATE
We understand how much anticipation surrounds each Adventures by Disney vacation, so we’ve made temporary updates to our policies to offer Guests more flexibility.

For New 2021 Land, Escape and River Cruise Bookings:

CANCELLATION & FINAL PAYMENT POLICY UPDATES

New bookings of 2021 season land adventures, escapes and river cruises made through June 30, 2021 for travel through March 31, 2022 are eligible for fully refundable deposits up until the final payment date, which has been temporarily modified to 65 days prior to departure. Disneyland Resort and Southern California Escape departures beginning in March 2022, all Buenos Aires Escape departures, and all expedition cruise sailings are excluded from this modified cancellation and final payment policy.

For New Expedition Cruise Bookings and Buenos Aires Escape:

CANCELLATION POLICY

Guests who change or cancel their 2/20/22 Antarctica Expedition Cruise or 2/18/22 Buenos Aires Escape reservation for any reason through May 14, 2021 will receive a future travel credit in the amount of their required deposit. Travel credits are eligible to be redeemed within 24 months of the initial booking date. Date changes or cancellations made after these dates will be subject to Adventures by Disney’s standard terms and conditions. Travel credits are non-transferable and not redeemable for cash in whole or in part.

For New 2022 River Cruise Bookings:

Date changes or cancellations will follow standard terms & conditions.

For New & Existing Bookings:

ADVENTURE DATE CHANGE POLICY UPDATE

Guests currently booked on adventures through May 31, 2021 can change their reservation up to 45 days prior to their trip and receive a 100% credit to be used toward a future adventure. Guests may select an alternative adventure and/or a new travel date for itineraries departing through December 31, 2022 by calling (855) 223-0025 or (407) 566-8345. The credit is non-refundable and will be applied against the standard prevailing rates of the new itinerary and/or travel dates selected.

FINAL PAYMENT UPDATE

For existing bookings that travel through March 31, 2022, final payment will now be due 65 days prior to the adventure start date. Trips cancelled between 64-46 days prior to departure are subject to a 50% cancellation penalty; trips cancelled less than 46 days prior to departure are subject to a 100% cancellation penalty. Disneyland Resort and Southern California Escape departures beginning in March 2022, all Buenos Aires Escape departures, and all expedition cruise sailings are excluded from this final payment policy.

Unless otherwise stated on your Guest Confirmation, the deposit payment for existing bookings will continue to follow current cancellation guidelines and is non-refundable 15 or more days after it is paid should the Guest choose to cancel their reservation.
Read More

Additional Information
Updates will be posted online as new information becomes available. Guests with specific questions may reach out to our Contact Center at (855) 223-0025 or (407) 566-8345.

Seems like some posts were lost. I don't see anything about South California cancellations in October?

Seems like some posts were lost. I don't see anything about South California cancellations in October?
The database was down (and up and down) for emergency maintenance the last couple of days, so it's possible some posts may have been lost if they had to restore from a backup or something like that. The title of this thread references the Southern California cancellations through October again.

Sayhello

I'm just wondering where that's coming from. I'm booked on October 17th BSM and haven't heard anything.

I'm just wondering where that's coming from. I'm booked on October 17th BSM and haven't heard anything.
@AquaDame had posted that she was mistaken about the Southern California trips, and removed that from the title of this thread. She apparently did that after the backup was taken (since my old post is gone, too) so her changes were rolled back to before she updated it. Nothing has been said about cancelling October.

Sayhello

The website info was updated again today - Disney cancelled all US-based cruises through June and the remaining Magic European sailings through September 18.

@AquaDame had posted that she was mistaken about the Southern California trips, and removed that from the title of this thread. She apparently did that after the backup was taken (since my old post is gone, too) so her changes were rolled back to before she updated it. Nothing has been said about cancelling October.

Sayhello

Of course my embarrassing mistake was resurrected from its grave to make me embarrassed all over again... :faint: I'm sorry to confuse yet more people with my blunder!

April 6, 2021

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
The health and safety of our Guests and Team Members remains a top priority for our team at Adventures by Disney as we continue to refine our protocols for our eventual return to service.
Adventures by Disney is continuing to assess future travel operations on a destination-by-destination basis. As we work towards resuming operations, Adventures by Disney has made the decision to suspend all departures through Friday, April 30, 2021, with the exception of the following:
  • March 15: Arizona and Utah Adventures
  • April 10: Costa Rica Adventure
Adventures by Disney will contact all impacted Guests or their Travel Agents with updated information and options. We will continue to make adjustments as necessary and will notify Guests immediately should there be changes to their itinerary.
Guests who have air travel booked through Adventures by Disney are able to work directly with Adventures by Disney to change and/or cancel their air travel arrangements. Guests who booked their own air travel arrangements should contact their airlines directly to make the appropriate changes.
Disney Cruise Line Extends Suspension of All Departures through June 2021 and Disney Magic Sailings through September 18
Our team at Disney Cruise Line remains focused on the health and well-being of our Guests and team members. Disney Cruise Line is carefully preparing for a return to service following the guidelines issued by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
As Disney Cruise Line continues to refine its protocols and await further technical guidance from the CDC, all sailings departing through June 2021 have been cancelled. Additionally, Disney Cruise Line has also made the decision to cancel Disney Magic sailings through September 18, 2021. Read more about Disney Cruise Line's operational updates. opens in a new window
As a result, most Adventures by Disney cruise packages and Escapes booked in conjunction with these sailings are also cancelled. Impacted sailings include Disney Magic departures on May 22, May 29, June 4, June 11, June 19, June 27, July 6, July 11, July 17, July 23, July 30, August 10, August 18, August 28, September 4, September 11, and September 18, 2021 and the Disney Wonder sailings on May 31, June 7, June 14, June 21, and June 28, 2021.
Guests who have purchased any of the above Adventures by Disney cruise packages or Escapes will automatically be refunded in the form of their original payment.
If you wish to speak with a representative directly, please contact a member of the reservation team at (866) 325-6685 or (407) 566-7797.

ADVENTURES BY DISNEY GUEST HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS
As we welcome you back to exploring the world with us, promoting health and safety is a top priority. We are resuming trips with multiple layers of health and safety measures developed in consideration of guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, local and international health authorities, the U.S. Travel Association, and The Walt Disney Company’s team of health experts. These measures include proof of a negative PCR COVID-19 test before joining any trip, face coverings and physical distancing. Learn more about Guest Health and Safety Protocols.

IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE AND TEMPORARY CANCELLATION POLICY UPDATE
We understand how much anticipation surrounds each Adventures by Disney vacation, so we’ve made temporary updates to our policies to offer Guests more flexibility.

For New 2021 Land, Escape and River Cruise Bookings:

CANCELLATION & FINAL PAYMENT POLICY UPDATES

New bookings of 2021 season land adventures, escapes and river cruises made through June 30, 2021 for travel through March 31, 2022 are eligible for fully refundable deposits up until the final payment date, which has been temporarily modified to 65 days prior to departure. Disneyland Resort and Southern California Escape departures beginning in March 2022, all Buenos Aires Escape departures, and all expedition cruise sailings are excluded from this modified cancellation and final payment policy.

For New Expedition Cruise Bookings and Buenos Aires Escape:

CANCELLATION POLICY

Guests who change or cancel their 2/20/22 Antarctica Expedition Cruise or 2/18/22 Buenos Aires Escape reservation for any reason through May 14, 2021 will receive a future travel credit in the amount of their required deposit. Travel credits are eligible to be redeemed within 24 months of the initial booking date. Date changes or cancellations made after these dates will be subject to Adventures by Disney’s standard terms and conditions. Travel credits are non-transferable and not redeemable for cash in whole or in part.

For New 2022 River Cruise Bookings:

Date changes or cancellations will follow standard terms & conditions.

For New & Existing Bookings:

ADVENTURE DATE CHANGE POLICY UPDATE

Guests currently booked on adventures through May 31, 2021 can change their reservation up to 45 days prior to their trip and receive a 100% credit to be used toward a future adventure. Guests may select an alternative adventure and/or a new travel date for itineraries departing through December 31, 2022 by calling (855) 223-0025 or (407) 566-8345. The credit is non-refundable and will be applied against the standard prevailing rates of the new itinerary and/or travel dates selected.

FINAL PAYMENT UPDATE

For existing bookings that travel through March 31, 2022, final payment will now be due 65 days prior to the adventure start date. Trips cancelled between 64-46 days prior to departure are subject to a 50% cancellation penalty; trips cancelled less than 46 days prior to departure are subject to a 100% cancellation penalty. Disneyland Resort and Southern California Escape departures beginning in March 2022, all Buenos Aires Escape departures, and all expedition cruise sailings are excluded from this final payment policy.

Unless otherwise stated on your Guest Confirmation, the deposit payment for existing bookings will continue to follow current cancellation guidelines and is non-refundable 15 or more days after it is paid should the Guest choose to cancel their reservation.
Read More

Additional Information
Updates will be posted online as new information becomes available. Guests with specific questions may reach out to our Contact Center at (855) 223-0025 or (407) 566-8345.

Received the following email this morning from ABD. We have a July 15 Rhine River cruise departure booked. This feels like the precursor to a cancellation. Can someone remind me of the typical time between ABD sending this email and actually cancelling the trip? I don't plan to move our deposit and will play chicken with ABD to get a full refund (i.e., I will pay in full if I need to). Would appreciate any insights from folks with earlier trips cancelled about the timeline of events on the ABD side between the money grab to encourage folks to move their deposits (yes, my cynical side about ABD is showing) and the actual cancellation.

All of us at Adventures by Disney, hope you and your family are staying well.

Our records indicate you are booked on an Adventures by Disney vacation scheduled to depart during July 2021. Adventures by Disney is closely monitoring global developments and following the advice of public health authorities and medical experts. We are also closely tracking guidance from the destinations we visit.

With this in mind, we are offering a temporary adjustment to our Adventure Vacation Date Change Policy to provide more flexibility for our guests. Guests currently booked on Adventures through July 31, 2021, can change their reservation and receive a 100% credit to be used toward a future Adventure. Guests may select an alternate Adventure or place their booking on a future hold date by contacting their travel agent. Guests will have until May 31, 2022, to select a new vacation and must travel by December 31, 2022. This future travel credit is non-refundable and standard prevailing rates will apply. If you purchased air arrangements through Adventures by Disney, please speak with your travel agent to understand what options may be available when modifying your travel date.

We ask that Guests traveling through July 31, 2021, contact their travel agent at least 65 days prior to their Adventure start date to request a vacation date change.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. We look forward to welcoming you on an Adventure of a lifetime as soon as we can and making magic for you and your loved ones.
Sincerely,

The Cast and Guides
Adventures by Disney

Received the following email this morning from ABD. We have a July 15 Rhine River cruise departure booked. This feels like the precursor to a cancellation. Can someone remind me of the typical time between ABD sending this email and actually cancelling the trip? I don't plan to move our deposit and will play chicken with ABD to get a full refund (i.e., I will pay in full if I need to). Would appreciate any insights from folks with earlier trips cancelled about the timeline of events on the ABD side between the money grab to encourage folks to move their deposits (yes, my cynical side about ABD is showing) and the actual cancellation.

All of us at Adventures by Disney, hope you and your family are staying well.

Our records indicate you are booked on an Adventures by Disney vacation scheduled to depart during July 2021. Adventures by Disney is closely monitoring global developments and following the advice of public health authorities and medical experts. We are also closely tracking guidance from the destinations we visit.

With this in mind, we are offering a temporary adjustment to our Adventure Vacation Date Change Policy to provide more flexibility for our guests. Guests currently booked on Adventures through July 31, 2021, can change their reservation and receive a 100% credit to be used toward a future Adventure. Guests may select an alternate Adventure or place their booking on a future hold date by contacting their travel agent. Guests will have until May 31, 2022, to select a new vacation and must travel by December 31, 2022. This future travel credit is non-refundable and standard prevailing rates will apply. If you purchased air arrangements through Adventures by Disney, please speak with your travel agent to understand what options may be available when modifying your travel date.

We ask that Guests traveling through July 31, 2021, contact their travel agent at least 65 days prior to their Adventure start date to request a vacation date change.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. We look forward to welcoming you on an Adventure of a lifetime as soon as we can and making magic for you and your loved ones.
Sincerely,

The Cast and Guides
Adventures by Disney
My Danube sailing was scheduled for early July. My TA called ABD about 3 weeks ago and was told I could cancel and receive a full refund so long as I canceled by April 30. I received the refund last week. My trip was rescheduled from 2020, so not a new reservation. I heard this was being done on a case by case basis, but I know other folks who called with the same result. If you’re holding out for a refund, it may be worth a call now.

My Danube sailing was scheduled for early July. My TA called ABD about 3 weeks ago and was told I could cancel and receive a full refund so long as I canceled by April 30. I received the refund last week. My trip was rescheduled from 2020, so not a new reservation. I heard this was being done on a case by case basis, but I know other folks who called with the same result. If you’re holding out for a refund, it may be worth a call now.

Great. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter