All Work and No Play makes Smee Grumpy: an Oct.'19 "work" TR *New PTR link 4/8*

It looks really nice, especially the lazy river!
I was very impressed with the Hilton and think it's a great option when you NEED to stay in Orlando and not Disney lol.
hen I stayed at B resort in March which was fine for the price. But....transportation sucks, there is no Magical Express and there are resort fees that jack up the room rate. I am a bubble girl, through and through.
We didn't tour the B Resort but I actually thought of you while we were touring :) Nothing wrong look or cleanliness-wise with any of the resorts (well, I did NOT like the look of the DoubleTree for real) but just like you said, I fail to see any benefit of being offsite if you're doing Disney for those same reasons! While transportation is not always 100% when on property offsite is just a headache from the start and as you found out, resort fees so the initial price you see isn't necessarily what you pay. And adding in getting to and from MCO! Too many additional costs and extra things to think about!
Good grief... NO!
And I'm STILL not done! 8 batches of cookies today (no coconut so you're welcome to some) and I had hoped to finish wrapping but by the time I finished baking at 5:30 was DONE. So tomorrow I finish errands and clean so hopefully I can relax a bit on the 24th!
ditto. I want to look at one thing, not constantly be trying to look at two things at once.
THIS 100%. I want to concentrate on the fireworks which I love and projections I feel take away from that. That's why I really enjoyed the filler show at Epcot and was not a fan of the new MNSSHP fireworks :rolleyes:
If the price point is that high, then why stay there? Just for a bit more space??? Not for me. I'm barely in my room anyways.
Good question :teacher: Yes with lots of people it's the space especially if they have 5 in their party. And also,so many 1st timers hear from friends and family who are trying to be helpful that it's SO expensive and not worth it to stay onsite. I won't argue the expensive but I don't see staying offsite being much less when you factor in extra costs and annoyances! And during busy periods like holiday weeks the Hiltons top out around $400 a night which is more in line with deluxes!
One sits in a chair.

You're welcome.
:thanks:
See even at my age I learn something new every day 💺👵
I didn't know they had a TS in there... or even a QS. Thought it was just bowling with very limited snacks.
Yup it's a TS! You can even make a reservation to eat and NOT bowl!
Both times we've been with the kids we go to bowl and then end up getting something to eat so you don't have to have an ADR that way either. The food is surprisingly super good and if you search the DIS you'll find lots of people suggesting Splitsville for sushi 🍣 The theming is really neat!
You and I have very similar drink tastes. Too bad you can't seem to figure out where coconut should be in that hierarchy.
I believe it should be garnishing all your drink glasses? 😆
The trees and shrub?

✅ I know it wasn't too hard lol. The others are much smaller but I do think it's nice they have a Disney touch.

but this would be my first WDW FAM or "familiarization" trip. Would I learn anything new??

I can't wait to hear the answer to this! I'm new to the TA thing and I've wondered if there's any benefit to a WDW fam trip other than an excuse for a WDW trip lol

Huckleberry Punch
44° North Mountain Huckleberry Vodka, Bols Crème de Cassis, fresh Lemon Juice and Cranberry Juice

Oo I need to try this!

So besides eating all 101 of us got to stand up, tell our name and where we're from and an interesting tidbit about ourselves.

Sounds like my worst nightmare lol.

But now at about 3:30 we found out we were doing a scavenger hunt around resorts and the MK and as I said, many of us were in skirts/dresses and many had heels on! So many were not thrilled.

Oh dear.

Still another one or two said, "does it have to be an alcoholic fruity drink?

:confused3 :confused3

For what turned into about an hour. Yup, because right after we got off the monorail broke down with like 3 of our group on it who hadn't fit in our car.

Oh no.

Now here's where I say, "well let's cut our losses. take the picture minus those 3, chalk it up to a transportation fail and move on. So we don't win, big deal. I really don't want to stand in front of the MK this long"

Yup I'm with you.

So I said "hey I'm Ariane, I'm coming with you" and that's how I met to really cool agents who I'd only had interaction with online, Linda and Jen.

Smart lady!

I did hear down the line there were some who thought the show as inappropriate :confused: partly due to the lead female performer lifting up her skirts and petticoats sometimes during the show and going "whoo!!!"

:confused3:confused3:confused3 Someone please take that lady to the Country Bears and record her reaction lol

Disney had announced a couple days before that they would be testing the new MVMCP fireworks on this morning and since we had this view from our room

Awesome!!

I had fireworks and a Magic Bar before 8am; I was a happy gal.

I wish all mornings started that way!

Our buses took us across to DS and dropped us off by the Cirque theater which you may know is on the farther end than most of the QS places

Oh my- that's a long walk!

Good question :teacher: Yes with lots of people it's the space especially if they have 5 in their party. And also,so many 1st timers hear from friends and family who are trying to be helpful that it's SO expensive and not worth it to stay onsite. I won't argue the expensive but I don't see staying offsite being much less when you factor in extra costs and annoyances! And during busy periods like holiday weeks the Hiltons top out around $400 a night which is more in line with deluxes!
There's only one way to avoid an expensive Disney vacation.
It's called not going on a Disney vacation...
Yup it's a TS! You can even make a reservation to eat and NOT bowl!
I learned something!
Both times we've been with the kids we go to bowl and then end up getting something to eat so you don't have to have an ADR that way either. The food is surprisingly super good and if you search the DIS you'll find lots of people suggesting Splitsville for sushi 🍣 The theming is really neat!
Oh! I had heard about the sushi! I forgot about that. But somehow assumed it was something that you ate while bowling.
I believe it should be garnishing all your drink glasses? 😆
noooooooooo...

I can't wait to hear the answer to this! I'm new to the TA thing and I've wondered if there's any benefit to a WDW fam trip other than an excuse for a WDW trip lol
Well if you ever have any TA related questions feel free to ask me! I know we can't discuss too much here but you can always PM me for my # or friend me on facebook - if you young folk are still using facebook lol. And I will say that depending on how many agents would be going it can definitely be worth it :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Sounds like my worst nightmare lol.
NOT FUN
Someone please take that lady to the Country Bears and record her reaction lol
OMG :rotfl2: I hadn't thought about that but right?????
There's only one way to avoid an expensive Disney vacation.
It's called not going on a Disney vacation...

::yes::💰 which is something clearly none of us here subscribe to!

YES! The Breakfast of Champions (or as @pkondz would say his most favorite snack in WDW) was out at 7:30!! I had fireworks and a Magic Bar before 8am; I was a happy gal.

That'll make for one happy lady!

What a whirlwind of a day! HOLY COW! I'd have been exhausted, but also exciited to learn and see all that you did and pressed on to get er' done.

"Inappropriate"? For lifing their skirts? Ummm.... ok... ?

I've done Splitsville in the past, and while I didn't get the sushi, I have heard amazing things about it. I do wonder if Morimoto will cut into that business enough to really impact a future of them having it. ??

What a whirlwind of a day! HOLY COW! I'd have been exhausted,
Ugh I cannot even imagine how you've been feeling Leisa but I hope you were able to enjoy Christmas today with the family ❤
but also exciited to learn and see all that you did and pressed on to get er' done.
I was excited! And overall it was a super first day and I'm proud I managed that long after getting up at 3am lol.
I've done Splitsville in the past, and while I didn't get the sushi, I have heard amazing things about it. I do wonder if Morimoto will cut into that business enough to really impact a future of them having it. ??
I don't eat sushi so I'll never know although Steve and Christ like it and Steve has had it at Morimoto. IDK if Morimoto will affect sushi at Splitsville? I'm thinking in general it may be 2 different crowds and groups where not all like Asian food can do Splitsville where there's something for everyone and sushi lovers can get their fix.

Well if you ever have any TA related questions feel free to ask me! I know we can't discuss too much here but you can always PM me for my # or friend me on facebook - if you young folk are still using facebook lol. And I will say that depending on how many agents would be going it can definitely be worth it :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Just facebook stalked and friended you! Lol! I do use facebook but my brother has informed me only old people use it :scared: :confused3:(

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!! It is currently about 10:15pm on Wednesday and the kids are on their games with friends, Steve is passed out and I'm watching the Hallmark Channel so thought I'd start another update 🤶 Not sure I'll finish tonight so if I don't, I hope everyone who celebrates had a wonderful holiday today/yesterday 🎄🎅 (spoiler alert if you didn't figure it out, I did not finish this update last night lol). We had the family at our house including 2 of Steve's 3 siblings, all of our boys (one just for an hour) my mom, assorted nieces and nephews and of course our granddaughter. You really forget how fun Christmas is with little ones around when it's been a few years!

Steve had the GENIUS idea for us to wear our MVMCP shirts; I tell the boys all the time he's just about as Disney as I am!

We had a great day and also some super good news a couple days before which some of you probably saw on FB. Ricky got his first college acceptance letter:

And Scranton is only 90 minutes from us so WHOO-HOO!!! However it's not his top choice so we'll see what happens with the other 4 colleges he applied to; on the other hand 2 of his friends also got accepted here and he was already discussing with one that they would room together if they both go so who knows. It's exciting though for sure :goodvibes

Now let's move on to the real update, and see what our 2nd night of the FAM had in store for us :maleficen:hmghost:

DAY 2: OCTOBER 24TH
PART 2: IT'S REALLY VERY SCARY!

Our buses had left from the CR that morning but brought us back to the Grand Floridian. Included with our FAM were tickets to that nights' MNSSHP and at first I had been super excited as this had always been my favorite event! I knew we'd be on our own also which was a plus, other than taking the requisite group photo. Still not bad especially being early in the trip, not enough of these had been taken yet for the words "group picture!!!" being yelled to cause anyone to groan, but what we'd be wearing became a REAL thorn in my side.

Despite the Christmas Day picture above I'm not so much a matching shirt type of person. I'll wear Disney shirts 6 days a week at home no problem, and Steve and I have matched exactly one other time outside of these current shirts. I used to match the boys when they were younger but never a 4 person theme really and if it was, it was more on the abstract side. But hey for those who like it it's fine! And I've seen some totally great and unique matching shirts that I wish I'd thought of myself!

But still not totally my thing. We do this with agency shirts on FAMS which you may have noticed in my intro pic with Mickey and Minnie so I know going in that I'll be getting and wearing these, however previously it's been like a day at Universal that I've had to match. This trip was 3 days of agency shirts and then a "theme" for the Halloween party. Being that there were 101 of us, it was kind of a no brainer what we would go as and I don't think I have to say it out loud here?? Again not a bad idea, cute, love the movie and has my favorite villain so all pluses. Minus on all these matching shirts (besides the matching part)? The neck. These are always your basic mens shirts and I do not enjoy wearing a t-shirt neck at all, I'm a v-neck lady with just a few exceptions. Like that Xmas shirt above? Neck is nice and loose no stretching needed and I knew this as I'd bought one previously. But those Gilden cotton mens T's?
:sad2: Seriously make me feel like I'm choking to death and I am SO uncomfortable in them.
We were told to order our own Dalmation shirt based on an example we were shown and also told a couple people who would make them. Some agents used these ladies, others did them themselves, others found other places to get them. I waited until the last minute and went with one of the ladies who was suggested to us because she said she could do a v-neck for like $3 more! I thought this v-neck would be like other ones I'd ordered off Etsy etc. as in a woman's cut; what I got was a MEN'S FRUIT OF THE LOOM quality v-neck undershirt that looked like crap all around and had the tightest most uncomfortable v-neck ever:

Yup that's Ricky with my mom modeling the shirt I had to wear. Men's shirts are also 100% unflattering on me and I am not used to having to wear stuff I don't want to that makes me uncomfortable and is unflattering! And I sound like a 10 year old having a temper tantrum I know, but the idea of wearing this for 6 hours in the heat was not pleasant. So when we got to the GF and had to change into our shirts I did, but had this in my backpack:

So I entered the park wearing this:

The other girls look great in their mens regular shirts! Notice I had to roll up my sleeves and the v-neck was already stretched and ripped because I was seriously chocking to death!

I had it on for this:

Don't try to find me though I was way in the back! That was a sight, 101 people getting their picture taken by a pp photographer! There were a few guests in line that did not look amused but others watched in both shock and awe lol. We actually had a guest that watched track us down on social media and send us some pictures she took of us getting our picture taken! BTW our owner was dressed as Cruella and her DH was dressed as Jasper; you can kind of see them in the front of the picture.
Not too long afterwards I looked like this:

And like this:

The first one is totally unflattering but shows the point - we took the picture at 7 and I just couldn't handle that shirt for another 5 hours! So was this the 2nd time I did not follow directions?
:confused3
I kind of don't think so? I mean I got the shirt; I wore the short; I wore it for the picture and that was the main thing! Basically other than the picture we were on our own so let's call it 1.5x so far that I didn't follow directions and call it a day. Other than the shirt debacle I had a good time at the party! I will say it was too crowded. Not like the party Steve and I did in 2018 but worse than the years before and wait times were higher than I would have liked. We did ride BTMRR and 7DMT later on with like a 20 minute wait, probably around 11:15, and earlier we watched the Cadaver Dans for awhile. We also got to ride Pirates as Cathy and I think Nicole wanted to see the live actors they add, which I guess are cute but I don't think they add anything. We rode in the same boat as Jack, Alice, and whoever the cop is supposed to be! He looks so familiar but I cannot place the movie or show he's from? Help a girl out guys! And I think Jack is a bit confused as to where the rum is:

I know I didn't post about this in the order we did stuff; we grabbed food at CHH right after the group shot and that was ok since I like it. Wasn't crazy crowded either in there! We watched the later parade with great spots across from Pecos Bill and did watch the fireworks from the bridge by 7DMT, you know I don't care to see projections and the other girls were pretty much following me all night so that was my call. The fireworks were ok but I am not a fan of the new music and storyline at all so if I do the party again I don't feel I'll need to watch this unfortunately.

So overall today was good and the night was good, I feel today I gained knowledge regarding the GN hotels and looking back the shirt thing was uncomfortable but not a huge deal. I did greatly appreciate that Disney included this for us as such a huge group! Would I be able to use the word "fun" to describe tomorrow?

UP NEXT: DAY 3 PART I: FOOD - GLORIOUS FOOD?

Just facebook stalked and friended you! Lol! I do use facebook but my brother has informed me only old people use it :scared: :confused3:(
Boy if your brother met me he'd think I was ancient lol! Ricky says the same thing, just old folk use FB :rolleyes1 Heading over there shortly!

Merry Christmas to you and your family and congrats to Ricky on his first acceptance! Such an exciting time.

I don't think you broke the rules with the shirt! You did what was asked!

How long did it take to get that group shot on Main St? I have a headache thinking about it!

Glad you didn't have to try to navigate MNSSHP with 101 of you! The parties definitely are more crowded than they used to be but we thought this year's was pretty manageable compared to one we went to 2 years ago!

Steve had the GENIUS idea for us to wear our MVMCP shirts; I tell the boys all the time he's just about as Disney as I am!
:laughing: I'm sure you didn't mind one bit!
We had a great day and also some super good news a couple days before which some of you probably saw on FB. Ricky got his first college acceptance letter:
Congrats to Ricky!
Included with our FAM were tickets to that nights' MNSSHP
Niiiice
but what we'd be wearing became a REAL thorn in my side.
uh oh...
Despite the Christmas Day picture above I'm not so much a matching shirt type of person.
Nor am I.
I'm fine with others doing it, but it's not really for me.
Being that there were 101 of us, it was kind of a no brainer what we would go as
Yep.
I waited until the last minute and went with one of the ladies who was suggested to us because she said she could do a v-neck for like $3 more! I thought this v-neck would be like other ones I'd ordered off Etsy etc. as in a woman's cut; what I got was a MEN'S FRUIT OF THE LOOM quality v-neck undershirt that looked like crap all around and had the tightest most uncomfortable v-neck ever:
Oh, no! How did that happen?
Notice I had to roll up my sleeves and the v-neck was already stretched and ripped because I was seriously chocking to death!
You don't look particularly pleased with the shirt, no.
That was a sight, 101 people getting their picture taken by a pp photographer! There were a few guests in line that did not look amused
I can see that, but... holy cow! I've never seen such a large group being photographed by a PP before!
but others watched in both shock and awe lol.
That'd be me.
You look much happier. ::yes::
:laughing:
The first one is totally unflattering
I totally disagree.
Other than the shirt debacle I had a good time at the party!
Good. :)
I will say it was too crowded. Not like the party Steve and I did in 2018 but worse than the years before
Too many people now. Shame, really.
whoever the cop is supposed to be! He looks so familiar but I cannot place the movie or show he's from?
Maybe... Super Troopers?

And Scranton is only 90 minutes from us so WHOO-HOO!!! However it's not his top choice so we'll see what happens with the other 4 colleges he applied to; on the other hand 2 of his friends also got accepted here and he was already discussing with one that they would room together if they both go so who knows. It's exciting though for sure :goodvibes
Congrats to Ricky! This is soooo exciting!

Yup that's Ricky with my mom modeling the shirt I had to wear.
LOVE that Ricky wore the tee.

So when we got to the GF and had to change into our shirts I did, but had this in my backpack:
Of course you did you rebel!!! I would have done the same thing. LOL!

So was this the 2nd time I did not follow directions?
I'm sure there will be more of this to come...LOL!!! Don't worry, no matching tees in January!!! I pinky swear. 😉

Merry Christmas to you and your family and congrats to Ricky on his first acceptance! Such an exciting time.
Thank you! I hope you had a good holiday too. I really didn't doubt he'd get at least ONE acceptance lol but actually getting the first one is so cool and surreal!
How long did it take to get that group shot on Main St? I have a headache thinking about it!
Not as long as you would think! Probably about 10 minutes? So longer than a "normal" family photo but not TOO long. People were still getting a bit perturbed though since the party had just stared and they were all anxious to get going
The parties definitely are more crowded than they used to be but we thought this year's was pretty manageable compared to one we went to 2 years ago!
It wasn't horrible; we were at the same party! And last year was way worse. I just always compare to the early parties we went to in 2007, 2010, even 2014 when rides were truly walk ons. And then I think back to AH in May when we'd walk in certain areas and be the only ones around which I shouldn't compare but I do. Now we also did the Xmas party earlier this month and I thought that was less crowded than MNSSHP.
I'm sure you didn't mind one bit!
But I DID :headache::headache:

OK no I didn't :P
Congrats to Ricky!
:thanks: It's pretty exciting!
Oh, no! How did that happen?
🤷‍♀️ I guess it's because she never actually said it would be a women's fit and I just assumed. And we all know what happens when one assumes...........🐴
I can see that, but... holy cow! I've never seen such a large group being photographed by a PP before!
The photographer said she'd never taken a pic of such a large group lol! And all night when any of us went to any other pp photographers they would say "oh we heard about you guys!"
totally disagree.
😊
Too many people now. Shame, really.
It is. Way back in the olden days rides were without a doubt walk ons and even the parade "crowds" weren't crowds. You really felt special being there for a party.
Maybe... Super Troopers?
Hmm could be!
Congrats to Ricky! This is soooo exciting!
Thank you!
Of course you did you rebel!!! I would have done the same thing. LOL!
Ha ha you would have! We definitely would have gotten in lots of trouble together 😆
I'm sure there will be more of this to come...LOL!!! Don't worry, no matching tees in January!!! I pinky swear. 😉
Now you know I don't mind the guys doing their cute matching thing :blush: but all 4 of us don't need to be doing that!

But I DID :headache::headache:

OK no I didn't :P
:laughing:
🤷‍♀️ I guess it's because she never actually said it would be a women's fit and I just assumed. And we all know what happens when one assumes...........🐴
You make an... ask... anyone and they'll tell you.
The photographer said she'd never taken a pic of such a large group lol! And all night when any of us went to any other pp photographers they would say "oh we heard about you guys!"
:lmao:
It is. Way back in the olden days rides were without a doubt walk ons and even the parade "crowds" weren't crowds. You really felt special being there for a party.
Our first time... Hmm... 10 years ago! 2nd parade... we pretty much were the only ones on Main St.

Quick check in!

Well now I’m even happier we moved from Doubletree to the Waldorf in October!

We have done one night at the best western, Dillon 3 at the time liked it better then the beach club.... 🤷🏻‍♀️ We had a stone coming and flew in early so stayed the first night there...

omg girl you crack me up with this shirt and everything I totally love it! Haha

but overall looked like a pretty good party overall, even if a bit crowded and busy!

love the Christmas shirts for you and Steve on Christmas! So fun hope your holiday was fabulous

The Cruella shirt is so cute! The 101 Dalmatians theme was really cute.
I’m glad you enjoyed the party. I agree about the new fireworks.
The parade is always so fun

I am late for a very important date!!!! But I am here now!

Congrats again on Ricki getting into Scranton! At least you know he will be going to college! Man that is crazy!!!!

Ugh I cannot even imagine how you've been feeling Leisa but I hope you were able to enjoy Christmas today with the family ❤

I saw my folks off today and now have my own routine and space again. Love them dearly, but am ready for some routine of my own again.

I don't eat sushi so I'll never know although Steve and Christ like it and Steve has had it at Morimoto. IDK if Morimoto will affect sushi at Splitsville? I'm thinking in general it may be 2 different crowds and groups where not all like Asian food can do Splitsville where there's something for everyone and sushi lovers can get their fix.

I think you may be right. One eager for a fine(r) dining experience, the other for a bit of faster-paced fun with sushi. Good point!

But those Gilden cotton mens T's? :sad2: Seriously make me feel like I'm choking to death and I am SO uncomfortable in them.
LOL! Tell us how you really feel, Lady!

That was a very busy Christmas! It must have been nice to have so many people show up, though. :)

Your Dalmatian shirt looked passable, but your substitute was definitely superior. I hate tee shirts because they usually have collars that choke me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter