All Work and No Play makes Smee Grumpy: an Oct.'19 "work" TR *New PTR link 4/8*

ariane37

Dis veteran
Hello friends, and welcome to my latest TR! If you've followed my previous reports it's great to see you again; I'm warning you though that this is going to be quite a bit different than my other reports. And if my awesome creative title has pulled you in to one of my reports for the first time, :wave: nice to meet you! I'm happy you've stopped by to read about my Walt Disney World BUSINESS TRIP! It's GOT to be exciting right, a business trip to Disney and I mean, considering anyone reading this is probably a huge Disney fan,

Who WOULDN'T want to take a business trip to WDW????
Keep that question in mind; yes there WILL be a quiz at the end. For now I'll fill you in on who I am and what I'll be ranting about in this report so you can decide if you want to stick around or act like a sign at the end of "It's a Small World" and bid me adios, dosvidania or auf weidersehen..........................

Ah, I see you've stayed. Well then I guess I'll give you a preview of what's in store, starting with who I am!

That's me, in the middle, Ariane. I travel most often to Disney with my DH Steve and once or twice a year with our 2 youngest DS's Ricky and Chris:

This time I traveled with a few different folks:

Don't try to find me! I hide well and on purpose. You may spot me in one or two other group photos because sadly there were A LOT of group photos. Of all 101 of us. Have you ever had the pleasure of traveling with 100 other people? Scanning in to a park or getting in to a restaurant as a party of 101? Well stay tuned for those buckets of fun!

Along the way we'll also see:

⭐LOTS of Disney resort pictures. LOTS
🌟LOTS of Disney Good Neighbor resort pictures. LOTS
🌠Some pictures from my tour of the Disney Fantasy, yay!!
⭐ Some very scary pictures of 101 grown-ups trying to look cute in a not so scary way
🌟 Some SUPER scary food pictures - I'll warn you first
🌠 How well I follow directions

⭐As much of this as I could manage:

1574958557205.png

🌟 How much I like the new-to-me resort I stayed at
🌠 And finally, how 30 people manage a WDW VIP tour by deciding on the fly what to do and where to go and also failing to comment at all on their co-worker's most adorable shirt ever:

That picture is from May but this is the first time I've worn my Hello....It's Smee shirt and not had people I'm with say they love it! WTH is wrong with all of them???

I kid, I kid. No I don't. How can you not get how great that is :snooty: While that was really not a frustrating moment (just one of questionable taste on their parts lol) there were a few less than thrilling moments as well as some pretty cool ones. So if you've never had Mickey and Minnie walk in to say "hey" during your work conference lunch, let me show you how it's done!

Hi Ariane, I’ll be following along here. I’ve been sending apologies to people lately for my lack of comments. Life has just been busy lately and I get short breaks to read updates.

I'm here :wave:

I've been waiting to hear the details about this!

How could they NOT like that shirt? It's Smee!

Last edited:

I'm here and ready for the party! Even with it's frustrations, the idea of getting to go to Disney for work sounds amazing!

Here!! (I'm doing so well keeping up on the dis that it seemed only right to follow another thread! lol) I'm looking forward to hearing about how this trip went down!

Have you ever had the pleasure of traveling with 100 other people? Scanning in to a park or getting in to a restaurant as a party of 101? Well stay tuned for those buckets of fun!

Oh boy...I hadn't even thought of that...oooff!

🌟 Some SUPER scary food pictures - I'll warn you first

Uh oh. This doesn't sound good...

That picture is from May but this is the first time I've worn my Hello....It's Smee shirt and not had people I'm with say they love it! WTH is wrong with all of them???

Wow! How lame can they be? This is obviously some high-quality humour they're missing out on!

I'm here!!!! Did you think I wouldn't be???? HAHA! I wouldn't miss this TR for all the tea in China. Anyway, I've already heard bits and pieces but I'm dying to hear more...

I for one LOVE your It's Smee tee!!!
Don't worry, we'll have a fabulous time in January!!!!!

Here ! Hopping over from your last report . Looking forward to finding out about all of the above .

It's a Thanksgiving New Trip Report Miracle! Your trip sound amazing and I can't wait to hear all about it. Who wouldn't want 100 people doing everything with you :confused3

I can see that your huge group was at Fort Wilderness. It must have taken a lot of time and effort to get anywhere with all those people. Have you taken trips with the agency to other places besides Orlando?

Your Smee shirt is cute. Did you buy it when you were staying at the WL in May?

Last edited:
I'm in, of course! I look forward to hearing everything... the good, the bad, the incredibly frustrating. :rolleyes1

Well stay tuned for those buckets of fun!

Oh, my. I knew you traveled with that many people... but I hadn't thought about the fact that you'd entering parks or getting into restaurants all at the SAME TIME. Yikes!

It should make it a fairly entertaining read! :thumbsup2

Also, your Smee shirt is AWESOME! I was already very amused by your TR title, but an "Adele" themed Disney shirt is just fantastic. :goodvibes

I'm here! I want to hear all about it but I'm also confused about how they didn't love your Smee shirt!
Hey Courtney glad you're here!!!
Yeah seriously?? It was like I was walking around with zombies!
Hi Ariane, I’ll be following along here. I’ve been sending apologies to people lately for my lack of comments. Life has just been busy lately and I get short breaks to read updates.
Hey Jeff and please no worries :thumbsup2 I totally understand not having enough DIS time but I'm glad to see you :)
I'm here :wave:

I've been waiting to hear the details about this!
I know you have! And it's just in time for you to be experiencing something similar yourself - see you tomorrow!
How could they NOT like that shirt? It's Smee!
I guess they're :crazy: or :confused: ha ha something else you can decide on starting tomorrow!
I'm here and ready for the party! Even with it's frustrations, the idea of getting to go to Disney for work sounds amazing!
:welcome: Sue! Glad you're here. Yeah I mean I probably shouldn't complain?? So I'll do my best to hide my complaints with humor :rotfl:
Here!! (I'm doing so well keeping up on the dis that it seemed only right to follow another thread! lol)
:cheer2: You really are doing exceptionally well lately and for that I congratulate you!
I'm here!
Cute shirt!!!!

(I feel I have to say that in order to have you not think less of men than you already do.)
You are a smart man ::yes::
OTOH you also have a sense of humor and I had no doubt you would appreciate my shirt :goodvibes

'm here!!!! Did you think I wouldn't be???? HAHA! I wouldn't miss this TR for all the tea in China
I knew you would be!
Or how about.............all the boxed sangria we can find??????
I for one LOVE your It's Smee tee!!!
I know :hug:
I’m here but I’m not sure I can stay and read about 100 people with such poor taste!
It was a questionable group for sure :snooty: and I'm glad you're here!
Here ! Hopping over from your last report . Looking forward to finding out about all of the above .
:welcome: happy to have you aboard again!
Following! I can't believe the Smee shirt went unappreciated!
Well you are a woman of good taste! Glad to see you again!
It's a Thanksgiving New Trip Report Miracle!
🦃:worship:
[/QUOTE="kastoney, post: 61301244, member: 291374"]
Your trip sound amazing and I can't wait to hear all about it
[/QUOTE]
I did do a good job of making it sounds awesome didn't I?
Joining in!
:wave: Hi Liesa! Glad you're here!
I can see that your huge group was at Fort Wilderness. It must have taken a lot of time and effort to get anywhere with all those people.
Yes we were there :) Luckily they didn't wait for ALL 101 of us to be smiling or we'd still be there...............
Have you taken trips with the agency to other places besides Orlando?
Well yes and no. So far all the real "trips" have been to Universal and Orlando but we did do a couple nights in beautiful NJ for a Royal Caribbean training and ship tour. And then I've done a few other ship tours - Disney and Norwegian - that were just for the day with WAY fewer agents. But the agency does "work" cruises, ABD's, and for next year we're supposed to have a FAM to either the DR or Mexico :thumbsup2 Earlier this year a few agents went to St. Lucia but the dates didn't work for me
Your Smee shirt is cute. Did you buy it when you were staying at the WL in May?
Thank you! No I got that like 2 years ago and from an online store called TeePublic!:welcome:
I'm in, of course! I look forward to hearing everything... the good, the bad, the incredibly frustrating. :rolleyes1
Yay :welcome: ! Thanks for joining, and you hit 3 key words there for sure!
Oh, my. I knew you traveled with that many people... but I hadn't thought about the fact that you'd entering parks or getting into restaurants all at the SAME TIME. Yikes!
I didn't actually think about it until we were in that position :rolleyes: I don't suggest it lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!