ALLDining plans and packages and adrs canceled, future 60 day adr window

What an absolute joke. All those people who rebooked with the perk of free dining after having to reschedule. As for me, I booked on Jan 3 and managed to get free dining for late August. I have been a number of times but it would have been first time taking our kids. Diligently woke up at 3am PST to get all the ADR’s we wanted....Ohana, Cinderella’s Royal Table, Garden Grill, Topolino’s. This was my dream trip with my family, a chance to do all the dining that has been on the bucket list. I could see them not selling more tickets but to rip away what has already been booked is pretty shocking.

Definitely went down a few notches in my fandom reading this, and I feel like now we really have no reason to not cancel. Now I’ll just go cry into my pillow and thank god we had chosen to keep the trip a surprise from our kids.

I did just read on DisneyFoodBlog that those who had received Free Dining will be able to rebook later for 35% off room rate.....so that is better than nothing. But still. I can understand why they are doing this (the logistics must be unreal to try to accommodate) so having a blank slate is easiest, but it still hurts to have scored such an amazing deal and have it taken away. At least re-offer the same deal to those guests at a later time!

IMHO, this is simply ridiculous, the fast pass system gone, the dining is removed, there is no discount and annual passholders ...what a Joke (who will no longer get the extension or partial refund are being left high and dry as a park Opens?)), forget hopping, the list is endless.

Why did Disney even consider Opening now..Greed and/or trying to Keeping up with ....Universal? It makes No Sense and Im feeling awfully disappointed and disgusted by it all. Not a Good Look Disney, I just keep thinking of all the time people spent/spend trying to prepare, and now its all just been erased..Disney should be doing Better than this, Much better. They should be waiting to Open, clearly they already realize they cannot provide what they should, but lowering the standards overall is Not the Answer. Good Luck all !

35% of a room doesn't even come close to cover what you're potentially loosing with free dining if you had planned it properly. We did the math and got a savings of over 500$ per person with the free dining from the UK offer.

35% of a room doesn't even come close to cover what you're potentially loosing with free dining if you had planned it properly. We did the math and got a savings of over 500$ per person with the free dining from the UK offer.
Yes, ours was about the same. We had free QS dining but were paying to upgrade to DDP. All our dining would have cost $2000 Canadian. We aren't in a position to still go and pay that much more than we were budgeting, that is a massive increase to only have 2 months notice on.

What I don’t understand is, why attack the dining plan? They are going to have us redo our reservations so they can still limit capacity, park capacity will already be limited, and all have to eat while we are stuck on Disney property so taking away free dining doesn’t help with social distancing... it just forces more people to cancel their vacations.
But they have put some of us in a really tough spot. We had a trip booked for May which was canceled so we got the free dining by rebooking for late September thinking things would be better. Here is the problem... we already cancelled flights and then rebooked our flights. I’m not sure we can cancel theM again but now the price of our trip is going to be outside of our budget.
When our May trip got cancelled, I was sad but I felt like Disney handled me a balloon, a Mickey Bar and an “it’s gonna be okay” card when they offered the free dining to rebook. In all this chaos.. that hope felt really nice. And today they popped my ballon, smashed my Mickey bar and but a big “JUST KIDDING” on my card. It made the changes hurt all the more.

WDTC UK haven’t been updated with info for UK bookings, so far the 35% only applies to domestic ones.

WDTC UK haven’t been updated with info for UK bookings, so far the 35% only applies to domestic ones.
Yes it has, but you have to look for it. It isn’t on the ‘front page’ so keep scrolling down and click links and keep scrolling.

True, but when that's the offer they are offering the people that has already gotten their vacation postponed ones it's a valid indicator for what they might suggest.
Regardless the dinning plan isn't happening anymore, and for us that pushes it into a cancellation not a re-booking.

What about those who booked a free dining bounce back package? I booked in August last year for this August. Paid rack rate for the room to get free dining. I see it says they will cancel dining package and I have 35% discount to rebook at later date. Does that mean they are canceling my whole booking or are they expecting me to pay rack rate for my room?

Last edited:
Because if they didn't and all the people with a DP couldn't get reservations where they wanted, people would complain about that too. Disney can't win here.

The bounce back booking I made last year for this August included free QS dining. Why cancel all the dining plans? They could have rolled back the table service plan to QS and refunded the difference to those people. If I go in August I'd still need to eat. If they don't have the capacity for everyone in the hotels to eat in the parks then they should be cancelling my hotel reservation - not just my dining plan.

Our free dining was a bounceback, not tied to the pandemic offer at all. This essentially resulted in a price increase of over $1000 on our package.

We had already assumed we'd be starting with no ADRs and FPs. But I'm not willing to suddenly pay more....for less :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!