ALLDining plans and packages and adrs canceled, future 60 day adr window

Our free dining was a bounceback, not tied to the pandemic offer at all. This essentially resulted in a price increase of over $1000 on our package.

We had already assumed we'd be starting with no ADRs and FPs. But I'm not willing to suddenly pay more....for less :(
Exactly how I feel. We booked back in January with free dining. We are coming from Canada and the exchange rate has since tanked, so we were thrilled to have locked in all our meals. Without free dining, this will be close to $2000 Canadian now.

Also from Canada, had a bounceback free dining from last summer for this August for 2 rooms for our family of 7, plus had 2 other first timer families coming with us for a total group of 16, which I had made all our ADRs for 180 days in advance..

Just to clarify, its not just the free dining that is cancelled, but the whole ddp?

We were going to keep our August ressie with all of the other changes but no ddp would be a deal breaker for us:(

How do you put out a "sale" and take it back when people buy it, an agreement was made when everyone put their 200 bucks down. Disney should be sued out of existence for even attempting to do this.

I hope the parks stay closed perm. because Disney goes bankrupt. This is disgusting.

How do you put out a "sale" and take it back when people buy it, an agreement was made when everyone put their 200 bucks down. Disney should be sued out of existence for even attempting to do this.

I hope the parks stay closed perm. because Disney goes bankrupt. This is disgusting.
Surely you can see they’re doing this out of public safety?
Things aren’t going to go back to normal overnight, I don’t think anyone saw this coming.

Also from Canada, had a bounceback free dining from last summer for this August for 2 rooms for our family of 7, plus had 2 other first timer families coming with us for a total group of 16, which I had made all our ADRs for 180 days in advance..

Just to clarify, its not just the free dining that is cancelled, but the whole ddp?

We were going to keep our August ressie with all of the other changes but no ddp would be a deal breaker for us:(

Correct, no dining plans whatsoever until further notice.

Because if they didn't and all the people with a DP couldn't get reservations where they wanted, people would complain about that too. Disney can't win here.

Plus 3/4 of the dining plans involve table service restaurants, and indoor eating is problematic these days. By cancelling all of the dining plans, more people may opt to grab a quick snack, a grab and go item, etc. And that helps them with the issue of keeping people eating at indoor restaurants safer.

I'm sure when Disney was extending the free dining offers to people they never imagined how long the closure would last or how drastically they would have to change upon reopening.

Am I bummed? Sure. I already knew that if we had to switch to next year our trip would cost us more because we had snagged a great deal for our transportation and we had free dining from back in January at WDW. But now, even if we went this year, we'd still be paying over a grand more. I don't love that. But I can't fault any business for the things they are having to do to try to work around a pandemic. That's not something a single one of these businesses has ever had to deal with before.

The email we received from disney last night just cancelled our ADRs but not my dining plan (free dining) or resort reservation.

I haven't received an email yet cancelling my ADRs, but then again, I only made them a week ago for a trip in 4 months, lol. My guess is they are cancelling them on a rolling cycle like they did resort reservations.

Because if they didn't and all the people with a DP couldn't get reservations where they wanted, people would complain about that too. Disney can't win here.

The percentage of people booked with the FREE DINING is a small number compared to those without it. That "recovery offer" was to entice people to keep their reservations rather than cancel. Even with COVID 19 and social distancing the amount of people that have already booked ADRs probably would not have "exceded the limit" with the exception of a few restaurants on property. So simply canceling ADRs would have been sufficient.

Cancelling FREE DINING that was given only 2 months ago DURING COVID 19 and now pulling it back is a straight up "INDIAN GIVER" move on Disney's part. And is a pure money GRAB.

Totally not COOL and totally not DISNEY like.

Walt is spinning in his grave. :(

I haven't received an email yet cancelling my ADRs, but then again, I only made them a week ago for a trip in 4 months, lol. My guess is they are cancelling them on a rolling cycle like they did resort reservations.
Here is what we received - we are scheduled for September

An Important Walt Disney World Update​
As we plan for the reopening of our Disney Resort Hotels and Theme Parks, we are keeping the wellbeing of our Guests and Cast in mind. And we’re here to help you as we introduce new procedures focused on delivering an enjoyable and magical experience for everyone who visits.

To manage attendance and foster physical distancing during this unprecedented time, we’ve changed—and even suspended—some dining and other experiences. In addition, we will also be introducing a new Theme Park reservation system as well. We’ll send you details on this new system shortly.
Unfortunately, these new measures have required us to cancel dining reservations and experience reservations you may have made. We recognize the inconvenience this poses and we’re deeply sorry.
There’s nothing you need to do at this time. We’ll be contacting you soon with details on the process of re-booking dining and other experiences—now available 60 days prior to arrival to allow for planning closer to your visit.

At this time, while systems update, we are temporarily suspending all modifications. However, you have the option of canceling your entire reservation.

We’re putting great thought into helping you return to the magic and appreciate your patience.

For more information, please visit disneyworld.com, call 407-W-DISNEY (934-7639), or contact your travel professional or Member Services.

Select third party operated restaurants and certain other experiences may not be cancelled.​

Here is what we received - we are scheduled for September

An Important Walt Disney World Update​
As we plan for the reopening of our Disney Resort Hotels and Theme Parks, we are keeping the wellbeing of our Guests and Cast in mind. And we’re here to help you as we introduce new procedures focused on delivering an enjoyable and magical experience for everyone who visits.

To manage attendance and foster physical distancing during this unprecedented time, we’ve changed—and even suspended—some dining and other experiences. In addition, we will also be introducing a new Theme Park reservation system as well. We’ll send you details on this new system shortly.
Unfortunately, these new measures have required us to cancel dining reservations and experience reservations you may have made. We recognize the inconvenience this poses and we’re deeply sorry.
There’s nothing you need to do at this time. We’ll be contacting you soon with details on the process of re-booking dining and other experiences—now available 60 days prior to arrival to allow for planning closer to your visit.

At this time, while systems update, we are temporarily suspending all modifications. However, you have the option of canceling your entire reservation.

We’re putting great thought into helping you return to the magic and appreciate your patience.

For more information, please visit disneyworld.com, call 407-W-DISNEY (934-7639), or contact your travel professional or Member Services.

Select third party operated restaurants and certain other experiences may not be cancelled.​

I have recieved no emails yet for an August/Sept trip just checked like 5 minutes ago. Maybe they're going out via date booked or something.

We booked last august, for JUly 31 - August 9th 2020, have a dining plan and a multitude of ADRs. No email here....

Even if I agreed that this was a public safety thing and not Disney's fault (which I don't. I am a nurse and I know 95% of the policies being passed nationwide are moronic - but I won't get into that) I don't care. I have 3k in Disney dollars that I intended to spend on this vacation from my Disney card, which won't go to this vacation now. I wonder if they can steal that 3k as well and say "Hey, it's not my fault - Corona virus". If they do this, and it seems like this is going to be the policy I will cancel, and I would love nothing more than to see a big "For Sale" sign hung on Cinderellas castle after this is all over.

I was pretty much figured I was never going there again because of the absolute horrible customer service they have provided over the last 30 years since I worked there, but I have all these Disney dollars so I was going to give it another go.

I have absolutely despised some of the idiotic decisions Disney has made over the years whether it is paper straws, ostracizing smokers, or destroying Star Wars, but those were business decisions and as a company they can do as they please. This however is theft. I am not a lawyer, but I paid them 200 bucks as a down payment to go to their resort, and they are not telling me "you can't go", they are saying "You can go - but not at the agreed upon price". If that isn't criminal it should be.

I wonder if they will honor the 3k in rewards I have to go towards airfare instead of going to Disney World? They have been emboldened by this theft, why not go the entire way and steal that money as well? Hell, Mickey Rat has my credit card number from when I put the 200 down... maybe he should start stealing from there too.

However much theft they are willing to commit they should have at least have been honest enough to wear a ski mask and carry a gun.

I am still going. I have no kids so the character interactions and parades dont bother us. I do a dessert party to stay away from the masses for the fireworks so I actually will get back almost $200 for that. For dining plans while we make it worth it... i will probably spend less since i dont need an appetizer and dessert every meal. As for the reservations, I will try to get what i want at 60 days....if im that bent out of shape about it then... we can postpone. But i think as of now Im taking it as a lower kid populated Disney Lite vacation!

I disagree with that. I wasn’t upset about the reservations being cancelled. But can’t imagine them cancelling DDP. Seems like zero reason to cancel the DDP.

I disagree with that. I wasn’t upset about the reservations being cancelled. But can’t imagine them cancelling DDP. Seems like zero reason to cancel the DDP.

I think i would be more upset if I paid for the ddp (We also do deluxe; someone may feel different with quick service) and then couldnt find a reservation to use it. At least now I havent prepaid for things that maybe i cant get a reservations for.

Then they should have given people an option to cancel their own Dining plan if they choose to. Seems crazy for them to cancel all dining plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!