Allergy Info

miller mom

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if Sea World has allergy information at the park? I cannot find anything on their website. My son has a severe peanut allergy and I need to figure out if we need to bring our food.

I know this doesnt help much but I found some info on the Seaworld Site....
Under the "Additional Information":
http://www.seaworld.com/sitepage.aspx?PageID=557

I think it would be best to contact Seaworld before your visit and ask if you can bring your own food items into the park for your son. That way you can be sure your allowed and not risk not being able to bring something in.

Does anyone know if Sea World has allergy information at the park? I cannot find anything on their website. My son has a severe peanut allergy and I need to figure out if we need to bring our food.

Sea World is not great with allergies. But you can bring your "safe" food in with you. We have never had a problem:thumbsup2.

Sea World is horrible with customer service. I had emailed and called about bringing food/drinks into the park and was told no. Then as we are walking in there is a sign that says you can bring in coolers with size limits(smaller than disney)
You are allowed to take food in, esp. for a food allergy.

Sea World is horrible with customer service. I had emailed and called about bringing food/drinks into the park and was told no. Then as we are walking in there is a sign that says you can bring in coolers with size limits(smaller than disney)
You are allowed to take food in, esp. for a food allergy.

Sea World has recently "offically" changed their postion on the bringing in food (allergy safe food). So you may have gotten the "old" answer.

From SW website:

"Dining, Food, and Beverage Policy
Restaurants and concession stands are located conveniently throughout the park. Large hard or soft coolers, glass containers, food, drinks and picnic lunches may not be taken into the park. Guests with special diets, baby formula or baby food may bring their items into the park."

No that was up before thanksgiving on the website and we were there on thanksgiving with the sign that said coolers must be smaller than...

No that was up before thanksgiving on the website and we were there on thanksgiving with the sign that said coolers must be smaller than...

When I say "recently" I mean in 2010, previously (although not always enforced) the rule was "no outside food". I don't know what was said by you or CS, but as a rule they don't want people bringing in food, they want you to buy it at the park. In the case where they are not able to provide safe food, they do allow you to bring in safe food. What they don't want is people bringing in large coolers full of food. The coolers create a hazard, as do the people sitting around on the grass and leaving trash(which sadly I have seen first hand). (This is not to say the arguement could not be made that people will do the same with a small cooler, but there has to be a line somewhere)

As stated on the website, they do limit the size of the coolers because they don't want people bringing in large coolers (Disney has the same policy).

Don't get me wrong, I love Sea world-I just think their customer service needs to be improved. I asked if I was allowed to bring in outside drinks-bottles of water-in a cooler bag-teeny tiny-was told NO. Then when we get there there is a sign that says coolers must be smaller than... Asked the nice lady searching my bag and she looked at me like I was crazy and said of course I could bring food and drink in.

Don't get me wrong, I love Sea world-I just think their customer service needs to be improved. I asked if I was allowed to bring in outside drinks-bottles of water-in a cooler bag-teeny tiny-was told NO. Then when we get there there is a sign that says coolers must be smaller than... Asked the nice lady searching my bag and she looked at me like I was crazy and said of course I could bring food and drink in.

As I said, I don't know what was said by you or CS, but I do remember answering your questions about bringing in juice. Sounds like you had no trouble with that.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter