Allergy Shots

Callie

Always Dreaming of Disney Magic
Hi all

I've recently started allergy shots for my allergies. I've been allergic to a ton of stuff all of my life, and decided it's time to finally get relief. I'm beyond lucky my insurance is covering everything 100% (The serum and injection fees). So far I've only had two doses as I'm working on getting all of the paperwork filled out to get them done at work (we have a clinic onsite).

I was wondering how long it has taken you (if you've had them) to start seeing any relief? They are treating me for everything they can. Cats, Dogs, Dust, Grass, Trees, Pollen, and even Cockroaches.

I get three shots each time.

My dh takes the drops and it was about a year where he saw some improvement and 2 years where he saw lots of improvement.

I kept having severe allergic reactions to the allergy shots and had to stop, I may try again later.

DH has been on them a year, but he had a setback due to a reaction so he’s still not on the full dose. His allergies have only improved a small amount. Maybe it’ll be better when he works up to the full dose.

It took my brother 10 years (yes 10) to finally get a clean allergy test to the allergens he was being treated for. And that is 10 years of going weekly, hardly missing a week. He’s not great at communicating how he feels, so we don’t know when he started to feel a difference. All we know is that he has a lot fewer illnesses now that his sinuses aren’t reacting to all of those allergens!

I kept having severe allergic reactions to the allergy shots and had to stop, I may try again later.

Same for my son. We did them for a long time, took a break, tried again. He never got any improvement. He's pretty much allergic to everything except horses. I'm sure if he spent enough time with a horse, he'd develop that allergy also.

It's been a slow start with my work schedule so I'm hoping to get on a twice weekly dose soon. Thanks for all of the feedback, I can't wait for relief.

We noticed the first significant change in our son after about 9 months. His worst season arrived, and we noticed almost immediately that he wasn't coughing all night long. He had a few small set-backs during the process when he reacted to injections, and we had to back off on the dose, and then start the climb again. But, as far as his allergy symptoms, it was all uphill from about 9 months on...
Hasn't taken any allergy meds in over 6 years, has been done with the shots for about a year now.

I did allergy shots for 4-5 years, started to notice a difference after about 6 months. It's been over 10 years now since I stopped and all allergies much better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!