Allstars vs Riverside

goofybabe2001

I love Goofy!!!!!!!
We are planning a last minute trip and wondering for the extra money is riverside going to make that big of a difference over the allstars resorts. we are on slightly a tight budget but could swing for the moderate level if it is that much better.

I personally think it is that much better but if faced with a tight budget would be happy at the All Stars too. Riverside is more beautiful and restfull and easier on the eyes. When I am at the All Stars I always feel pumped up with energy!!! :)

We have tried both resorts and definitely stay at either one again; if you are really pinching pennies, stay at the All Stars but if you want a true resort feel - like we usually do - spend the extra $ and spring for Port Orleans Riverside - we stayed there when it was called Dixie Landings and loved it. Just walking around the resort, smelling the beautiful flowers, and taking some great pictures was enough of a vacation for us and we hadn't even gone to the parks yet! Whever you decide have a great trip:Pinkbounc

We have stayed at both...and frankly, we prefer the all stars. The food court is much better.

We found no value at all at any of disney moderate resorts...definately not POR.

Stay at the all stars, save your money and have a great trip!

just curiuos... why Luv2roam???

I thought Riverside was just gorgeous! I would pick Riverside, Alligator Bayou section (request ofcourse) if... the extra money wont hinder your vacation!
other wise stay at the AS's! :)

Laura
:D

While we enjoyed both our stays at POR, I would choose ASMO over it any day(stayed there 2x too).
The main advantages I found at ASMO were...
-The lay out was much more compact and easier to navigate than POR
-The bus service at ASMO was excellent, as opposed to good at POR
-The theming at ASMO cant be beat! Its just so Disney! My kids definitely prefer a giant Buzz over nice landscaping. Not to mention the hockey rink pool is perfect for a family of hockey fans.

The one thing I did prefer at POR is the entertainment in the lounge, but on a family vacation, thats not top priority. ;)

I will definitely stay at POR next time. I've stayed at 2 of the All-Stars (see list below) and they were okay. I didn't like the food court at Music - food or atmosphere. I even wished I hadn't bought a mug. The CM's weren't overly friendly anywhere on the property. Movies food court was better.

My mom and I (age 32) went to visit POR in Feb. when we were staying at Music just because we love it there and like the food court food and atmosphere. I know some people don't like it, but this resort feels like home to us. We like the boat to Downtown Disney, too. We have resisted splurging staying at deluxe resorts so far, but we always go eat at and visit some.

We had an amazing $49 AP rate for Music in Feb. and it was well worth that. It was in great shape physically - much better than most motel chains. Bus service was good. But - they wouldn't even hear of letting us check in before 3 p.m. They had signs up emphasizing that. POR always has let us check in by 1 p.m. since our room has been ready. At Music, the carpet had just been cleaned (good), but was still quite wet and smelled funny (bad). It was still Disney and was more than satisfactory, but not as nice to us. But, at $25 each per night we couldn't complain too much. It all depends on how much you'll save - if it's enough for all your meals or a whole plane ticket, it might be worth it.

AS has more of a disney feel to it. POR is more rustic and woodsy. Depends on what your preference is.

While our kids enjoyed the pool at POR;; they all commented that they thought AS was more fun...more Disney like.

BUT, if it came down to NOT going to Disney or staying
at AS - I'd choose AS. I believe we disliked AS so much
because we've spoiled ourselves at almost every deluxe
and at EVERY moderate and it just wasn't for us, but
our high school music group stayed there, so we needed
to stay there - we tolerated it and would stay again
IF we had to.........before AS we stayed at POFQ -
oh, how beautiful it was.

As adults, we prefer POR..especially if we go when it's hot..the shade on the walkways and around the pool beat the AllStars! That said, we went with the grands the last time we stayed at POR and we had to go back and visit Allstars..they prefer them. We promised the next time we will stay at the Allstars. They usually pick the sports. The price with postcard in May at POR-R was $79, in August with code, $84..both plus tax.

We went in January (as adults) and stayed at Music becasue it was only $49 plus tax, and going in three weeks to music again..with no kids, We won't be at the resort much, prob won't swim, so Allstars is fine. We'll visit POR and prob eat breakfasts in their food court..a lot less messy and quieter.

We'll be going back in May and prob September..those trips will most likely be at the wonderful POR Riverside.

:D Riverside without a doubt. It's more spread out and you don't feel cramped as in the AS resorts.:D

We've stayed at both and like both, but I really love PO, especially Riverside!! Its so relaxing and beautiful, and my kids love it just as much as ASMo! I really don't think you can go wrong either way!!

It really depends what difference there is in room cost and how tight your budget is. If a moderate is just a bit more, I would go with the moderate. However, if it is quite a bit more, I would go with the All Stars. The moderates are nicer than the All Stars. However, the All Stars are nice too. I'm being wishy washy - go with the moderate!!

We stayed at Deluxe 2X before DS and then All Stars 3X with DS
The Disney Resorts are all right in the action, so to us it didn't matter either way. CM's were just as friendly at the All Stars as they were at WL.

Have Fun!

I think "disney feel" is extremely subjective. To me, there isn't much of a theme at the All Stars. I don't consider giant decorations to be much of a theme... I consider them to be perhaps a certain style of decor. My idea of a theme is the recreation of another time and/or place, and I think Disney is amazing at doing that. Hence, I think the moderate resorts have a much better Disney feel than the All Stars.

This is the same reason I don't have much interest in staying at the Contemporary... without a real "theme," it's more just a hotel to me than a getaway.

I've never stayed at Riverside, but really loved Port Orleans French Quarter. The only reason I'm staying at Coronado Springs (which I expect to be great) next is because I like to try a different resort each time.

Honestly, I was really not impressed with my stay at All Star Music a few years ago. I think if I couldn't afford a moderate or deluxe, I would rather stay off site or at one of the Downtown Disney hotels.

Now, I can totally understand why people with children would disagree. Maybe things that seem tacky to me seem child-friendly to them. Things that are beautiful and peaceful to me could seem "too adult" to them.

At any rate, there are, as always varying opinions on this topic, so I'm not sure how helpful this thread will be in guiding your decision. Will your stay be long enough to split between a couple resorts?

Though I never stayed at POR but visited that resort, it is a nice resort, very lush and the landscape is really nice.

ASMO has that disney feel to it. It is very Disney to me. To see Mickey and Minnie and Donald and Daisy (by the hammock, it is hidden in those tall trees) and to see Buzz and Woody...Pongo and Perdita...The icons from the movie "Fantasia" and "Love Bug" and "Mighty Ducks"...That is Disney.

Check out the Fantasia pool! You'll see Mickey the Sorcerer spraying water. I thought the kiddie pool is so cute. Kids sit on the whale while the whale sprays water too!

The food court is wonderful at ASMo. They have so many different varieties of food to choose from! They even have sushi! And plenty of desserts too! Even the food court is themed! There's the tv in the corner where your kids can watch their cartoons.

The layout of this resort is simple...you would never get lost here.
The bus service was great. The service was superb. Everyone was so nice and friendly. The grounds are always clean and the food court are also kept clean.

The room is always clean. The room is themed as well. Check out the popcorn light! Also the bathroom is nicely themed as well.

We enjoyed this resort very much. If I was to go back to Disney and when I'm ready to go back to Disney...I would definitely choose ASMo!! Not only we love this resort...we also like the price!! :)

Whatever resort you choose...you will enjoy your stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter