Almost 3 year of at Disney World

HayleyGreen

Earning My Ears
We are planning to visit in October, just before my daughter turns 3 :) We’re aware that she will not need Park tickets due to her age, however she is very tall, currently 38inches, so we are quite confident that she would be tall enough to ride rides such as Soaring and test track by the time of our visit :).

I was wondering whether there are any age restrictions on rides along with the height restrictions?

Also as she’s doesn’t need a park ticket, how does fast pass work? Does she automatically have a fast pass if we have quads one for ourselves?

Thank you

No age requirements except that she can't ride alone until she's 7, which I doubt is something you would even consider letting her do at this age.

Since she is under 3, she will not get or need fastpasses. She can go through the fastpass lines with you. I don't think I've seen anyone talking about a 2 yr old going on rides like Soarin or Test Track though, simply because 40" is REALLY tall for a 2 yr old, so the CMs may be slightly confused that she doesn't have a fastpass. I don't know, maybe it does happen more often than what I think. Regardless, you should not have any issues with it as long as she meets the height requirements. At most, if they question, just let them know that she's under 3 so doesn't receive tickets or fastpasses.

Last edited:
There are no age restrictions - just height. If she's tall enough to ride, she can ride. (The only age restriction really is that someone under 7 must ride with someone over 14).

She does not need a FastPass+ either. If you have a FastPass+, she can just enter the FastPass+ line with you.

We've taken our son many times before he was 3, and we were never questioned or had any issues.

Also remember that she will be free to eat at buffets and all-you-care-to-eat restaurants, and rider swap is offered for the rides that have a height restriction she hasn't met yet.

Have a great trip!

I think your questions have been answered, OP, but I just wanted to chime in and say that we are also going in October, right before our son turns 3! He’s currently about 36 inches (and 32 lbs)...so I don’t think he will make it to 40, but hoping he will get to 38 so he can ride 7 Dwarves and the new slinky dog coaster. We took him at 18 months and he just walked through the FP line with us. He was clearly under 3 then, but if I’m questioned this time, I’ll just tell the CM that he’s under 3.

Thank you very much :) I’m hoping she grows 2 inches in the next 6 months so she can enjoy the rides too as she’s a little dare devil!

We did take her when to Disney when she was 11 months old but due to the time of the year we went and the size of our party we didn’t need to make any fast pass reservations.

Hope you have a wonderful trip too

We did this with our son as well! There is a short TR for that trip in my siggy. Enjoy the last free trip! Bonus tip: Hit up all the buffets, just make sure they don't charge you by mistake!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter