Almost August WISH Challenge-everyone welcome!

Motivation Monday

What will be your motivation this month? What do you want to achieve by 1st of September?

So, my big plan for a long weekend didn't last long... Friday afternoon I go assigned to do a presentation in a meeting Tuesday morning, and needed to come in today to work on it with the person I'm presenting with. Grrrr.... on so many levels.

Motivation this week... trying to get back to having fun with the stressful things going on, altho I have to admit it's challenging right now.

My motivation this month is a looming race registration deadline as well as knowing that the ease of morning workouts will be coming to an end as the school year starts back up. My goals are to maintain my sub-12 min mile so I can confidently know I'll achieve my race goals before signing up for a local 10K and to just get as many workouts in as I can before I have to go back at the end of the month.

I have to be honest...I'm struggling with motivation right now. It's the end of summer...I know I have to go back to work soon. My vacations are over. And I completed my 5K. If you recall last week I posted that I took a day off from "closing my rings" which is hard for me to do. The reason it's hard for me to do is because I know that once I do it...then it's easy for me to do again. So I try so hard not to let a day go by without closing them. But here I am on day 3 of probably not closing my rings. I've gotten into a bit of a lazy slump. Maybe it's okay because I'll get back into the swing of things once school starts again. And actually I'm going back in to school tomorrow. But for right now, in this moment...I'm seriously lacking in motivation. So I am thankful for this group because even in my lazy day, I'm being inspired by this group. Not exactly motivated to get up and do something right now, but @softball chick posted about the 10K. That go me thinking that I should try to find a 10K that might interest me for maybe next spring or summer to keep me going. My long term goal is to do the Disney Princess half-marathon (which sounds crazy to think I could do it...but a neighbor did it a few years ago and said it's fun to run from character to character. So if that's what it is, then maybe I could it...even if I have to walk)). I'm thinking maybe a 45th or 50th birthday present/trip. I also tried to motivate myself by pulling up some new crockpot recipes to try this school year. I was supposed to get up and start one this morning...but like I said, I'm seriously lacking motivation today :(

What will be your motivation this month? What do you want to achieve by 1st of September?

Unfortunately I have undone some of my hardwork earlier in the year and regained about 3kg. I want to LOSE it and want to break the 90kg barrier and be in the 80s. I have to take ownership for some of my eating and lack of activity that did this but I also have a feeling that my hormones have dropped big time ... which will make it even harder to shift the weight. - ahhh getting older. I will go for my blood test results this week.

I understand what you’re saying about motivation-
August is an odd time of year-still in a vacation mentality that makes it easier for me to slack off a little. I have a dr visit tomorrow to check medication levels for my thyroid so it will be interesting to get on the scale. I admit I have been avoiding it these past couple weeks...

Unfortunately I have undone some of my hardwork earlier in the year and regained about 3kg. I want to LOSE it and want to break the 90kg barrier and be in the 80s. I have to take ownership for some of my eating and lack of activity that did this but I also have a feeling that my hormones have dropped big time ... which will make it even harder to shift the weight. - ahhh getting older. I will go for my blood test results this week.

I understand what you’re saying about motivation-
August is an odd time of year-still in a vacation mentality that makes it easier for me to slack off a little.

I agree - August is tough! It's hot here, and everything is overgrown - like being in a messy house, even when you're outside. I've lost my "shiny new summer" motivation by now, but I'm not even close to having my fall routines in place yet, and there are so many things I still meant to get to.

Not exactly motivated to get up and do something right now, but @softball chick posted about the 10K. That go me thinking that I should try to find a 10K that might interest me for maybe next spring or summer to keep me going. My long term goal is to do the Disney Princess half-marathon (which sounds crazy to think I could do it...but a neighbor did it a few years ago and said it's fun to run from character to character. So if that's what it is, then maybe I could it...even if I have to walk)). I'm thinking maybe a 45th or 50th birthday present/trip

The Princess Half sounds like a FANTASTIC goal! I have done 3 Disney 5Ks and a 10K and they are the most fun you could ever have at a race! Because my mom cannot run, I have walked all of the 5K races and it has still been incredible. As long as you can keep a 16 minute mile pace (and that's if you are the last person to cross the start line...anyone earlier has a slightly larger cushion) then you are fine. I'm gearing up to do the Princess Half Marathon this coming February for the first time, and up until last year even the thought of doing a half marathon was beyond crazy! So it is totally doable and a really great motivation to keep you going.

I have done 3 Disney 5Ks and a 10K and they are the most fun you could ever have at a race!
I was starting to think maybe the 10K would be a better option, but a neighbor assured me I could do the half marathon if I planned on stopping at characters...which I totally plan on doing!!!! Another teacher at my school is signed up for the half for this school year, so I can’t wait to hear all about it after she comes back!

I always have a bag of dark chocolate pieces in the freezer-and I like those bags of 100 calorie popcorn for the microwave. I usually don’t keep ice cream in the house, but a couple times this summer when it was so hot I had it for lunch when I was out running errands! But we don’t keep cookies, chips, cake in the house-it’s just the two of us-and when my grandson visits, he’s happy with popcorn, watermelon or one of my dark chocolates. I don’t drink coffee, so luckily those Starbucks kind of drinks don’t tempt me. But I do have a martini Friday night!
I will always have room for my treats but I am much better at choosing them and limiting them than I used to be!

My motivation is waning a bit. I have a bad tummy flu, so at the moment I just want to get rid of that. I am also trying to find a daycare spot for my oldest to start in September.

Topic Tuesday
What is your view on treats? Moderate or avoid? Do you have any plans to change your treats?

I don't usually do treats. Once in a blue moon, on vacation, or mine or the kids birthdays I may indulge a bit. I find it easier to stay on track, but I do have to use a decent amount of willpower as I have bread, cookies, chips and other non keto foods in the house that my kids and husband eat.

I agree - August is tough! It's hot here, and everything is overgrown - like being in a messy house, even when you're outside. I've lost my "shiny new summer" motivation by now, but I'm not even close to having my fall routines in place yet, and there are so many things I still meant to get to.
I've also been thinking about how odd August is... it's the end of summer and yet for us her in the PNW it's really kind of the beginning, temperature wise. But things that were in full bloom are starting to fade and die back and I'm getting up in the dark again - already! The other day I was standing in the back yard and a bright orange leaf floated down beside me and I was like, what the what?

The Princess Half sounds like a FANTASTIC goal! I have done 3 Disney 5Ks and a 10K and they are the most fun you could ever have at a race! Because my mom cannot run, I have walked all of the 5K races and it has still been incredible. As long as you can keep a 16 minute mile pace (and that's if you are the last person to cross the start line...anyone earlier has a slightly larger cushion) then you are fine. I'm gearing up to do the Princess Half Marathon this coming February for the first time, and up until last year even the thought of doing a half marathon was beyond crazy! So it is totally doable and a really great motivation to keep you going.
Oh, I've never been a runner but have always thought one of the Disney races would be fun... 16 minute miles is a more do-able goal. Hmmmm.....

I read somewhere recently about not calling treats "treats", they are food choices just like anything else we chose to eat... I wish I could remember where it was, to pull it back up. I think the author was speaking to the deprivation-reward cycle that comes with the diet mind-set, but if you have a truly balanced and healthy eating plan, what we label as 'treats' would just be part of it.

Oh, now I'm really thinking about this... growing up "dessert" was often a reward for eating your dinner, so right there we're getting trained that sweets/treats = reward. Googling the history of desserts, looks like dessert started to become a thing in the middle ages when refined sugar started to be produced, but it was so expensive that it was a "treat" reserved for special occasions - if you could afford it at all. Interesting!

Yesterday turned in to a pretty good day, some of the things that were bothering me just kind of dissolved... I guess I had spun them up in to more than they really were, gee, like I've never done that before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!