Almost everyone can

Haha, one of my earliest jobs was in a laundromat, and I was taught by the master how to fold fitted sheets!

It's pretty simple - you put your hand in one corner, and fold the opposite corner from the bottom end over it, then you do the same on the other side. Once you have that done, you fold the sheet in half lengthwise, and put one corner in the other, then lay it down and fold over the corner and the part of the length of the sheet that is as wide as the corner. From there, fold it again lengthwise, then crosswise, and, voila!

I tried this. We have king sheets and the sheet is taller than me. I just couldn't do it - it looked worse than when I try to half-a** fold it myself. Years ago, when Martha Stewart had a daytime talk show, she had a segment on how to fold a fitted sheet. She had one already folded up to show us that looked as if it came straight out of the package from the store. So, then she demonstrated how to fold one. She failed miserably. The sheet she folded looked no better than how I do it at home. She tried to pass it off as "and this is how it's done" and the audience all clapped. I thought it was very funny.

I can't flip an egg in a frying pan and I have never been able to whistle

Don’t buy instant rice for a rice cooker. We buy long grain white (parboiled I think). I throw it in the cooker and add the water and start it. Perfect rice every time.
Oh no it is for the stove. My rice cooker is in the cabinet and used for roasting veggies or collecting dust. I gave up on it YEARS ago! :lmao:

Sharpen a knife

Having seen so many bring their knives to me after they tried, I don't think most people can do that.

My DH got into collecting and sharpening knives a couple of years ago. Considering the equipment he bought (which I am sure doesn't even scratch the surface, ha ha, of the knife sharpening world)...I would say that most people probably can't sharpen knives correctly because they have something like this and not the necessary equipment

Attachments

• rod2.jpg
    rod2.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 1
My DH got into collecting and sharpening knives a couple of years ago. Considering the equipment he bought (which I am sure doesn't even scratch the surface, ha ha, of the knife sharpening world)...I would say that most people probably can't sharpen knives correctly because they have something like this and not the necessary equipment

One of the big problems is the industry often labels the thing in your picture a sharpener. In reality it is a hone. It hones the already sharp blade. But it cannot make a genuinely dull edge sharp even though the knife seems sharper after you do it.
A sharpener on the other hand actually grinds the dull edge sharp again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter