• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Almost" First Birthday?

LRBH

Earning My Ears
We will be taking our 11 month old to WDW in mid-October - two weeks before his first birthday. Should we celebrate his early first birthday while we are there? I was not really planning to celebrate early, but with such a special trip, wanted to get some thoughts from the rest of you.

IMO, a first birthday is more for friends and family more so for the 1 year old who will not really get what is going on. I myself would prefer to have the special day celebrated at home so others would be there to help celebrate, but if you wanted to get him a cupcake or something special there - why not?

I would put it on the list of things you are celebrating - why not? You will be recognized at some meals. Have him wear the birthday pin - you never know what magic might happen.

One other thing - if you have not done a first haircut - the barber shop does one complete with first hair cut Mickey Ears - we did it last year with our 18 month old DD - priceless!

You can absolutely celebrate it while you are there. He will probably be recognized at your ADR restaurants and usually receives a picture of Mickey in your room. We have celebrated dd7's birthday a few times at Disney - her first birthday on her actual birthday, her 3rd birthday 2 weeks early, her 6th birthday 1 week early and her 7th birthday 1 day late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter