Almost time to go..... and I am a wee bit nervous

Laurabearz

I cant load my bobbin!
On Thursday hubby and I leave for NYC... the BIG APPLE. All of a sudden I feel sooooooooo small town! ROFL Funny coming from a Chicagoian....... but my past few years in the burbs have really soften me up!

Plus for the most part we are winging it.... We have a Broadway show (Phantom) on Friday night, and we want to do a twilight cruise, but other than that we are clueless. Oh we both want a pastrami sandwich and test out REAL NY pizza...... :teeth:We figure since Chicago style pizza sucks everywhere but here, the same must be true of New York Style pizza... so in order for us to fairly BASH New York Style pizza we gotta eat it from the horses mouth so to speak!

We havent a clue where to eat before the big show... I was toying with the idea of Foleys Fish HOuse in Times Square, more for the location/view than the food but it would suck if the food sucked..... Plus we dont want to heavy of a meal right before the show.... UGH.

Soooooo any tips of the must sees.... must eats.... must do... must NOT do.... throw em my way.

Sounds exciting!

Have fun....:D

I know nothing about NYC, but I hope you have a great time :)

NYC is a great town. And it does make Chicago look like a cowpoke town, it is so big. Try to get over to TDS up on 5th Ave, 3 floors of Disney, one just galleria!! Little Italy has some wonderful eating places, all small, so many good ones. Just a walk around Times Square and Broadway area has so many things to take in. Empire State Bldg, check to see if observatory is open. St Pat's Cathedral is stunning. It is a wonderful place to visit, Laura, enjoy.

I've never been to NYC, but I've been elsewhere in NY and let me tell you the pizza there is excellent so enjoy it! :teeth: I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Oooooh, you'll love Phantom!!! We've seen it 4 times, and I'd go again in a heartbeat!! :teeth: HAVE FUN!!

Thanks everyone for your tips and assuarances...... (sp?)

We are sooo looking forward to it.

Kama.... I have seen Phantom 9 or 10 times. I was attending Roosevelt University while it had it's run in the Auditorium (Right next to the school) I would buy cheapie tickets the day of show all the time. Ozo has never seen it. And I havent told him a thing either. I know it will knock his socks off! (8th row center section seats too, I cant wait for the you know what, to do that really cool thing, at the end of the first act, right over head) :teeth:

Dan.... I hope Ozo will let me into TDS. LOL We have a trip planned to WDW next month so I think he would be just a bit.... well...... irked (for the lack of a better word) to be in NYC and hanging out at TDS :rolleyes: But that is okay, I think there is enough other distractions there.... We both want to see the Muesum of COntepoary Art, Empire State Building, RC, Times Square, Central Park....

UGH is 3 days enough???????? ROFL

Have a wonderful vacation!

If you do a search on restaurant row in the theater district, that is a street with lots of eating establishments. Sorry can't recomment any one of them. I always say the same thing about NYC, I love the Metropolitan Museum of Art. You can walk across to Central Park West to the Natural History Museum. You might want to check out CityPass depending on the length of your stay, 1/2 price attraction tickets good for 9 days. If you like Letterman, find his theater and the Hello Deli right next door. Have a good trip!

A couple of places you might want to check out.

Some friends have told me that a place called John's Pizzeria in the Times Square area is very good.

DH and I absolutely love Carmine's (www.carminesnyc.com). The Italian food is outstanding here! Don't let the prices on the menu scare you. All the portions are designed for 4 people to eat family style. The sausage here is some of the best you could ever eat.

A fun place to see and nosh at is Balducci's in the Village. (They have a website, too.)

Also, I love going to Chinatown. I can't remember the name of the place we like there, but it's in Zagat's. They made a noodle soup that is unlike anything you've ever had. Delicious!

If you don't mind spending a lot, Plata Forma (I want to say 48th Street) is a Brazilian barbeque restaurant that my co-workers tell me is exceptional.

All the big themed restaurants can be found near 57th Street. You'll want to go there anyway to see F.A.O. Schwartz.

Have fun! The weather is going to be perfect, too.

Have a great trip. Sounds like it's gonna be a good one! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter