Already plotting our add-onitus. Is Poly difficult at 7mo?

Punkrockbebop

Namaste! Be excellent to each other.
Hi, new member here. My partner and I bought 200 points at the Riviera, but we really love the Polynesian and would like to be able to book there from time to time when we aren’t staying at the Riv. We visit 3-4 times/year, 2x at the minimum, and are somewhat flexible. Before we bought in, we had been renting DVC points, or staying at Port Orleans, or using my kazillion Marriott hotel points/Amex at the Swan & Dolphin (which is still our plan for spontaneous stays). We typically come at the end of February, the end of September/sometime in October, and the middle of December. I’m wondering how difficult it is to get a Poly deluxe studio 7 months out during these or any other times of year?

If it is difficult to book at the Poly, I’m considering buying a resale contract to stay there. We also really adore Animal Kingdom Lodge but figure it’s easier to book a Savanna view room there at the 7 month mark, and perhaps we don’t need to own there. BLT is another place I loved and would consider, but we didn’t like the sulphuric smell of the tap water in the room we stayed in, there.

Any advice? I’m almost certain we are probably going to want more points sometime down the road. Many times we travel just the two of us, but we also often travel with friends or family, too. For those stays, I could envision booking an extra studio or a lock off, depending on the situation, and asking our friends or family to pitch in on the stay. I also would love to splurge on a CC cabin for a special occasion, down the road.

Last edited:
Sometimes, depending on the season. However, in the less popular DVC times (most times except around the holidays and Food and Wine Festival) Poly is usually quite available at 7 months.

For instance, 7 months out, right now, is August 4th. There are Studio rooms available in both Standard and Lakeview at Poly for most of June, July, and now August.

There are also Standard and Savannah View studio rooms at Animal Kingdom. And Lake View at BLT and preferred View at Riviera, and Studios at SSR and OKW. So, at least some resorts have good availability. Beach Club, Boardwalk, Copper Creek and Boulder Ridge DO NOT have good availability right now, at 7 months out.

Boardwalk I booked yesterday in a studio for 7 months out. You can always get Boardwalk on 7 months in summer even in a studio. It’s available now for the 5th onwards in pool view, not sure what you are looking at Fred? At time of writing today I can book 1 week stays in August 7 months out for all resorts, including RIV tiny studio, VGF standard etc. October and December though- you need to go 1 bed to have similar choice. Only exception to this is Copper Creek studio availability which is a nightmare at all times of year, with en mass walking.

BLT is another place I loved and would consider, but we didn’t like the sulphuric smell of the tap water in the room we stayed in, there.

If the water smell is important to you, know that Poly's tap water also has this smell.

,. . . not sure what you are looking at Fred? At time of writing today I can book 1 week stays in August 7 months out for all resorts, including RIV tiny studio, VGF standard etc.
Now you make me wonder what I WAS looking at. Somehow I missed that.

If the water smell is important to you, know that Poly's tap water also has this smell.

Hm, that’s strange. We didn’t experience this at our rented Tokelau stay last February.

Thank you everyone for your input so far, and the link to Skier Pete’s charts.

Hi, new member here. My partner and I bought 200 points at the Riviera, but we really love the Polynesian and would like to be able to book there from time to time when we aren’t staying at the Riv. We visit 3-4 times/year, 2x at the minimum, and are somewhat flexible. Before we bought in, we had been renting DVC points, or staying at Port Orleans, or using my kazillion Marriott hotel points/Amex at the Swan & Dolphin (which is still our plan for spontaneous stays). We typically come at the end of February, the end of September/sometime in October, and the middle of December. I’m wondering how difficult it is to get a Poly deluxe studio 7 months out during these or any other times of year?

If it is difficult to book at the Poly, I’m considering buying a resale contract to stay there. We also really adore Animal Kingdom Lodge but figure it’s easier to book a Savanna view room there at the 7 month mark, and perhaps we don’t need to own there. BLT is another place I loved and would consider, but we didn’t like the sulphuric smell of the tap water in the room we stayed in, there.

Any advice? I’m almost certain we are probably going to want more points sometime down the road. Many times we travel just the two of us, but we also often travel with friends or family, too. For those stays, I could envision booking an extra studio or a lock off, depending on the situation, and asking our friends or family to pitch in on the stay. I also would love to splurge on a CC cabin for a special occasion, down the road.

I've got AKV (75) and PVB (200); both are comparatively easy to book. But it all depends on what you're looking for. PVB between 7-11 months has a lot of availability. From 6 down, the drop off goes fast. So if you're diligent about booking at 7, it's usually no worry. If you lolly gag and wait until 6 then you'll wonder what happened.

AKV routinely has availability; but if you want a value room you'll almost definitely need 11 month priority. I have more PVB points than AKV points and I do wish it was the other way around for this reason. We found that the value rooms are difficult to pass up as it allows us to squeeze an extra trip in.

I've got AKV (75) and PVB (200); both are comparatively easy to book. But it all depends on what you're looking for. PVB between 7-11 months has a lot of availability. From 6 down, the drop off goes fast. So if you're diligent about booking at 7, it's usually no worry. If you lolly gag and wait until 6 then you'll wonder what happened.

AKV routinely has availability; but if you want a value room you'll almost definitely need 11 month priority. I have more PVB points than AKV points and I do wish it was the other way around for this reason. We found that the value rooms are difficult to pass up as it allows us to squeeze an extra trip in.

Thank you, very helpful. We want to have enough points where we aren’t depending on value and standard views, so maybe we’ll have a better chance at getting something.

Thank you, very helpful. We want to have enough points where we aren’t depending on value and standard views, so maybe we’ll have a better chance at getting something.

If that’s the case, you’re pretty safe unless you want an extremely high demand time - like Christmas week. Go for the cheaper one - If you’re gong resale then PVB is going to be overall cheaper in my opinion and a better match for your Riviera.

Dues are lower, contract term is longer. The contract sells for about $40 more on average. But if you have the patience you can snag a killer deal thats in the range of AKV prices. I know of several folks who have snagged PVBs in the $120s including myself.

That’s very helpful again, thank you! Very sound advice. The only thing about that choice that bums me out is never getting the chance at getting one of the AKV concierge rooms, because I heard that they are impossible to get outside of the 11 month mark. But, nothing’s perfect!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts