Altered Paperclip swap- COMPLETE

Stephanie, those are so cute!! Luv them!!

I have 3 sets completed and 3 more cut. I'm not really happy with two of them, so I'm going to play with them a little more before I attach anything. Hoping to work on them more tomorrow. The back to school rush has been eating into my free time this past week. I'll be home all alone for 7 hours tomorrow, so I'm planning an "I survived summer break" scrapping party!! :cool1:

I am also planning one of those parties on Sept 4 can't wait.

I'm not sure what to do for the outpost group. Its a spot I've never really paid much attention to while we are in EPCOT. Is it all just African Tribal pieces or am I forgetting stuff? That's the only thing I can remember about it. Anyone have any ideas?

Stephanie - love the pieces!

No, I think you are right on. When we were there last May I remember there being some masks and some drums. Then a little refreshment stand so I think like a tribal mask or a drum would work..... Hope this helps.

Sheila- ill get you checked in if I haven't already. I think I might go back and tweak some of my clips. I like them, just not sure. You always do amazing work! I can't wait to see what you create.

Just to let everyone know, I might not be around tomorrow. I am having surgery to remove an external fixator I've had on, due to a broken leg. I am really excited....it's been on for NINE MONTHS :scared1: it's day surgery but the anesthesia tends to really knock me out :faint: anyway, if I am not on tomorrow, I'll certainly be back on Saturday to check people in and answer questions.
Stephanie

No, I think you are right on. When we were there last May I remember there being some masks and some drums. Then a little refreshment stand so I think like a tribal mask or a drum would work..... Hope this helps.

Sheila- ill get you checked in if I haven't already. I think I might go back and tweak some of my clips. I like them, just not sure. You always do amazing work! I can't wait to see what you create.

Just to let everyone know, I might not be around tomorrow. I am having surgery to remove an external fixator I've had on, due to a broken leg. I am really excited....it's been on for NINE MONTHS :scared1: it's day surgery but the anesthesia tends to really knock me out :faint: anyway, if I am not on tomorrow, I'll certainly be back on Saturday to check people in and answer questions.
Stephanie

good luck and have a nice nap and will see you Saturday

Good luck tomorrow Stephanie!! I know you are going to relieved to be without the fixator!!

I will be postal on Saturday... I'm having a horrible time with these... it's more my own issue of them not looking good enough for my approval.... or my sketches not working the way I want them too on the clips....but tomorrow is Due Day here so I will have to get these all completed...

Well mine are finished and going out with tomorrow's mail. Y'all please be gentle with me as this was my first swap. :)

Mine are complete as of 5pm today..and they are bagged/tagged and will be postal first thing in the morning!!

Hope you are doing well Stephanie!!!

Thank you ladies for the support and well wishes. I tried to come on yesterday but everytime i got on my ipad i would forget what i was trying to do. Lol! It feels great to have the fixator off, but feels awkward and bulky with the cast on.

Nan and Heather I will let you know when your packages arrive. I can't wait to see what you guys created!

I will be mailing on Monday. We are at Madeira Beach for a week and then Disney for another week. Is you want to be at a really nice place with Dolphins swimming by in the evening, this beach is awesome for it. My girls were so happy to see them tonight.

Good morning. I'm still struggling with the Outpost. All of my other pieces are finished and ready to go, but I just can't get this one to come together. The stickers I bought will not work at all!

Can anyone tell me which cricut cart has art that would be appropriate for this? Of course, the one day I need to use the cricut site it is down for maintenance. I think I will need to run out and buy a new cart, but I want to call the store to make sure they have it before I drive the 30 minutes to get it. Is there one with tribal art?

I do not have many cricut cartridges so I can't really help you out. I did go to Cricutsearch.com and searched for images you might be able to use. I couldn't find anything under "tribal" and it came up with nothing. I searched "Africa" and the destinations cartridge came up with an African logo that would work. Also, the ocean cartridge has some tiki masks that you could use, I think they would work.

If you can't find what you really like, trying searching for images on the Internet. I had to do that with my Germany and France groups. I didn't have anything I could use on my cartridges and didn't really have the money to order stickers.

Hope this gives you some ideas!
Stephanie

Ok, I'm finished with the groups. Just have to tag and mail, which probably won't happen until Saturday or Monday. I'm not totally happy with the Outpost spot, but it will work. One of the bags from that group has a place holder note in it because I ran out of the background paper I used. I was only able to squeeze out one piece for that bag, so could you please return that bag to me?

Thanks for much for hostessing. I will send you a note when I am officially postal!

Thanks
Danielle

Ok, I'm finished with the groups. Just have to tag and mail, which probably won't happen until Saturday or Monday. I'm not totally happy with the Outpost spot, but it will work. One of the bags from that group has a place holder note in it because I ran out of the background paper I used. I was only able to squeeze out one piece for that bag, so could you please return that bag to me?

Thanks for much for hostessing. I will send you a note when I am officially postal!

Thanks
Danielle

A place holder is perfectly fine! Thanks for letting me know that you are doing that. I will update the first page that you are finished.
Stephanie

Nan, your package arrived today! Your clips are fabulous! I am excited I will be getting some of them. Thank you for the extra goodies.

Heather, your package arrived yesterday. Your clips are awesome! Thank you for the lovely flowers you made me.

Stephanie

Hi
I am hoping to have these in the mail by Tuesday. Everything is cut and now that DL is done I will be able to sit down and glue away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter