Alternative to BOG

Auroraborealis18

Wilderness Queen
I really want to see the Beast, but I looked at the menu and noticed that it's not very kid friendly fare for dinner. I'm excited to see the decor and ambiance I've heard about and would love the experience. I don't want to ruin the kid's dining time with expensive food they won't eat. Any alternatives you would recommend that are also palatable to an adult?

If you want the beast then dinner is your only option providing it’s before end of July. Dinner changes July 31 I believe to signature dining and there has been no confirmation of beast, although no word he is leaving either. If you think the current dinner menu has nothing for kids the new one surely won’t be any better. https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...experience-coming-to-be-our-guest-restaurant/
Unless your picky kids eat octopus, of course. I would snag a lunch or breakfast just for the ambiance. It really is a great location.
ETA no beast at breakfast or lunch, though, although I don’t think you miss much since beast is just a quick photo at dinner.

If you want the beast then dinner is your only option providing it’s before end of July. Dinner changes July 31 I believe to signature dining and there has been no confirmation of beast, although no word he is leaving either. If you think the current dinner menu has nothing for kids the new one surely won’t be any better. https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...experience-coming-to-be-our-guest-restaurant/
Unless your picky kids eat octopus, of course. I would snag a lunch or breakfast just for the ambiance. It really is a great location.
ETA no beast at breakfast or lunch, though, although I don’t think you miss much since beast is just a quick photo at dinner.
It's so beautiful looking, I would go just to stare lol! No they wont eat that either Ha! Might get a sitter and enjoy this by myself.

Is there anything on the adult menu they would eat? It would be pricey, but you could order an adult meal and split it between them if they have small appetites, or order each their own.

Is there anything on the adult menu they would eat? It would be pricey, but you could order an adult meal and split it between them if they have small appetites, or order each their own.
They like American fare and can be unadventurous with dining. They'll eat American, Italian, Asian etc but I don't see much they will eat there. Can they custom make something? If not, I can get a sitter and go myself. I don't want to ruin dinner for everyone around me with whiny kids.

They have an excellent kids menu. We were there Wednesday night and there were the best French fries in MK, Mac and cheese, chicken nuggets... There were more choices, but you get the picture. Lol

They have an excellent kids menu. We were there Wednesday night and there were the best French fries in MK, Mac and cheese, chicken nuggets... There were more choices, but you get the picture. Lol
Thank you for this post! I was resigned to canceling or getting a sitter. They would eat that definitely. How are the adult choices?

That changes when the restaurant goes to signature dinner. No one knows what will be offered for kids yet.

That changes when the restaurant goes to signature dinner. No one knows what will be offered for kids yet.
Is this a reaction to over popularity and some decline in food quality? That's the rumor I heard about why they're going to signature dining.

Is this a reaction to over popularity and some decline in food quality? That's the rumor I heard about why they're going to signature dining.
I guess they are trying to deter those just ordering cupcakes for dinner. We are doing our first dinner there just before it switches over but we have always had good breakfasts and lunches there. Interested to see the full signature menu. It may become a good date night option for us.

I guess they are trying to deter those just ordering cupcakes for dinner. We are doing our first dinner there just before it switches over but we have always had good breakfasts and lunches there. Interested to see the full signature menu. It may become a good date night option for us.
If there's a BOG bakery, the lines will be out the door. I would like to see what the dinners look like too, as it might thin things out.

If there's a BOG bakery, the lines will be out the door. I would like to see what the dinners look like too, as it might thin things out.

Only if folks can get inside for those cupcakes.

I like BOG dinner and I would give the new menu a try, however if you are concerned, why not try to get a breakfast or lunch ADR? You would not see Beast, but you would be able to see the Castle and if your child does not like the menu you could simply order something light. For that matter, if your ADR is before the changeover you could do the same thing, feed your child first and then get a little something there to enjoy while you eat.

Thank you for this post! I was resigned to canceling or getting a sitter. They would eat that definitely. How are the adult choices?
They had steak, lamb, pork, a lobster and scallop dish, and a vegetarian Ratatouille. I've had the steak, lamb, and seafood pasta; all were excellent. DD had the pork and liked it very much.
I'm not a fan of FFs, so each time they've given me another choice of potatoes...
Kids even had a choice of steak.
I'm assuming the munu will change when they go to signature.

The current kids menu is actually pretty basic. Grilled cheese, steak, mac and cheese, grilled chicken....sometimes they make it sound fancier than it actually is.

If there's a BOG bakery, the lines will be out the door.

I doubt it. The cupcakes are only in high demand because they are a cheap ticket in to see the castle and meet the beast. You can find better cupcakes at many other locations throughout the parks.

The current kids menu is actually pretty basic. Grilled cheese, steak, mac and cheese, grilled chicken....sometimes they make it sound fancier than it actually is.

I doubt it. The cupcakes are only in high demand because they are a cheap ticket in to see the castle and meet the beast. You can find better cupcakes at many other locations throughout the parks.
Huge cupcake aficionado. Hence my pooh size. What do you recommend?

As a PP said, if you'll be there before the July change to 'signature,' then pretty standard American fare will be available for the kiddos.

I'm basically just chiming in because from what you've said, I think I feel the same as you about the setting (the minute I saw pictures of Be Our Guest - years ago, when it first opened! - I was totally enamored), and I encourage you to definitely do dinner, if you'll be there before the July change. If you'll be there after that, as PP's said, I think breakfast or lunch are great alternatives - especially compared to skipping it altogether!

As a PP said, if you'll be there before the July change to 'signature,' then pretty standard American fare will be available for the kiddos.

I'm basically just chiming in because from what you've said, I think I feel the same as you about the setting (the minute I saw pictures of Be Our Guest - years ago, when it first opened! - I was totally enamored), and I encourage you to definitely do dinner, if you'll be there before the July change. If you'll be there after that, as PP's said, I think breakfast or lunch are great alternatives - especially compared to skipping it altogether!
I kept our BOG reservations based on a trip report here by the Chunky family Hehe. I liked their pictures and they made it look sooo much fun. We leave in less than 2 weeks, so it's great the kids will have more food options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!