Altheimers/GAC and Thank You All

Twende

Best laid plans of Mouse and men.....
We are just back from our trip and thanks to all the great advice from this board we had a great time. :flower:

We asked for a GAC from the counter at Magic Kingdom where we got annual passes. It was a very smooth quick process and that little card saved us so much trouble.

It allowed us to avoid steps and dark hall ways. It kept our waiting to a minimum and when we did wait it was in a separate quiet place. We discovered that my parents could not see at all in dark places and trying to walk up lines in dark attractions was near impossible and all it did was tie up a line of people behind us. So we were able to use this card to avoid most dark line areas. In places like the Safari ride in AK, it gave us a shorter walk and a place to wait for the next truck. In places like Splash Mountain it allowed us to enter the exit and not have to go up the stairs or walk down the dark cave like passages.

My elderly parent loves thrill rides. In rides like Tower or Terror it helped to shorten the walk to the entrance and it helped those around us to understand why we were moving so slowly. It did not help the poor operator to keep from laughing when I kept trying to fasten the seat belts in the wrong direction. He was trying to stay in mood of the ride but I was being so dumb and trying so hard to help buckle my parent in properly that I was doing it all backwards. It turned out to be very funny and I felt so silly! :teeth: My 90 to 95 year old parent thought the ride a wee bit dull! What a hoot! People in our elevator could not believe that we rode it! :rotfl:

I took a small bottle of bubble with us and this really help when we needed to distract my parent and try to get them thinking of something else. We also carried ear plugs with us but we only used them once during the Energy Ride in Epcot.

The CR provided a wheel chair as we requested and it was there and ready. The only hitch was that the lock on it would not work. There was a lock but just no key to unlock it! :rotfl:

All in all the vacation when great and very smooth. We had one really bad server, Carlos, and thus meal at Brown Derby but other than that the entire trip was a huge success! :Pinkbounc

I need to start planning again! :cheer2:

I wanted to thank all of you for your advise and help. It made such a difference in all of our enjoyment level. :cloud9:

Glad to hear you had a good time.
Have fun planning your next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter