Am I asking too much?

cruizincathi

Mouseketeer
I have an upcoming stay at DLH in a standard view concierge room. It is my first trip to DL but, as you can tell from my tag name, have cruised Disney many times. I am used to how to navigate upgrades at the port but am wondering if there is such a thing as an upgrade at DLH if I’m already in a concierge room? Maybe a larger suite or better view? Just wondering if it is worth asking about anything or if my booking is as good as it gets?

Those I have known who have received upgrades at that level (signature suites and the like) didn't ask for them. They booked a high end room/suite, had a long history with Disney resorts, and happened to get lucky with Fairy Dust. It will depend on availability during your dates most of all, which is entirely out of your control. Based on my anecdotal knowledge, I don't think asking will improve your chances at that level given the limited inventory of accommodations to which you can be upgraded. Others may have more direct experience to share.

You are booked standard. If you happen to go during a slow time, you might get upgraded to a deluxe view. As far as getting upgraded to a "larger" room, that would be a suite, and most suites are booked up. Standard, Deluxe, and Premium rooms are basically the same size, the difference is the view. I always suggest book the room you want.

The difference between the hotel and a ship is everyone is on the ship for your entire stay, but at the hotel, people are coming and going. The longer your stay, the less likely you might get a different room than you booked.

Those I have known who have received upgrades at that level (signature suites and the like) didn't ask for them. They booked a high end room/suite, had a long history with Disney resorts, and happened to get lucky with Fairy Dust. It will depend on availability during your dates most of all, which is entirely out of your control. Based on my anecdotal knowledge, I don't think asking will improve your chances at that level given the limited inventory of accommodations to which you can be upgraded. Others may have more direct experience to share.
I generally book a 1 or 2 bedroom suite concierge. I am there frequently enough, I'm known by name to most valet, bellmen, and the concierge desk. I have received an upgrade once to the Pirates suite. Upgrades like this are very rare.

I generally book a 1 or 2 bedroom suite concierge. I am there frequently enough, I'm known by name to most valet, bellmen, and the concierge desk. I have received an upgrade once to the Pirates suite. Upgrades like this are very rare.

Your experience is similar to what I have heard from others, both at WDW and DLR. Getting a room with a better view is one thing, but getting upgraded from a room to a suite or from a suite to a larger suite is unusual and requires a number of factors to be working in your favor. Once you're booked at that level, there are limited options to upgrade to, and they are generally already booked. Getting lucky with timing of your stay is going to come into play. I'm sure getting upgraded to the Pirates suite was a very cool experience.

If you really want it, ask for it. But Disneyland is not known for upgrades. I got one once at the Disneyland hotel but I don't think its as common as other places. I often get big upgrades in vegas. If they don't give me one, I'll offer a 50 to the front desk clerk to get one and that always has worked very well for me.

I know of a guy who often gets upgrades at Disneyland but he is a vlogger on YouTube with a lot of followers who reviews the room in great detail.

We got upgraded to a suite in the Fantasy tower and we had booked a VERY steeply discounted standard room. Our stay was 2 nights over my son's 11th birthday in mid July. It was pretty awesome. We didn't ask at all, just found out when we got to our room.

Also, they do put "Club level" in other towers, especially if you book a standard room. I've been club level in the Frontier tower.

Thanks for the responses. As was suggested, I did book the room I wanted, which is why I’m in a concierge room already. I was just asking about pixie dust potential. We have several celebrations for this trip and just want it as special as possible. I have requested a room near the E Ticket lounge so we can best take advantage of that space.

Thanks for the responses. As was suggested, I did book the room I wanted, which is why I’m in a concierge room already. I was just asking about pixie dust potential. We have several celebrations for this trip and just want it as special as possible. I have requested a room near the E Ticket lounge so we can best take advantage of that space.
When is your trip and how long is it?

Let us know how it goes!

Your experience is similar to what I have heard from others, both at WDW and DLR. Getting a room with a better view is one thing, but getting upgraded from a room to a suite or from a suite to a larger suite is unusual and requires a number of factors to be working in your favor. Once you're booked at that level, there are limited options to upgrade to, and they are generally already booked. Getting lucky with timing of your stay is going to come into play. I'm sure getting upgraded to the Pirates suite was a very cool experience.

Years ago we were booked at a club level room for 6 nights at the Boardwalk in WDW. We checked in and the concierge brought us up to the room and then stopped at this double door and said, do you all believe in Magic? My mother in law goes... yes? And the guy opened up the doors to reveal the Steeplechase suite, which I believe is the largest room on property and just absolutely gorgeous. We had it for all six nights. It was like winning the lottery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter