Am I doing too much? Would you change anything?

StacyStrong

DIS Veteran
I'm worried I'm over-scheduling one minute, but then worried I haven't made ENOUGH plans in the next second.

How do my plans look? Am I missing anything? Am I shortchanging my MK time? Do my FP plans look possible? FP is in early October

12/4-12/10 AOA Stay, APs (currently 6 day park hopper)
Party of 2 adults

12/4 - Arrival Day
Arrive ~12:15pm
ME to AOA
Upgrade tickets to APs at DS
4:30PM Raglan Road Dinner at DS
No prebooked FPs because hoppers don't cover this day currently.
Epcot Evening (open until 11)

12/5 - HS and ???
Toy Story EMM
FP for RnR, ToT, Star Tours
Midday Break, QS lunch somewhere
Evening park?? WWYD?

12/6 - MK and MVMCP
MK all day
12:15 BOG, but might cancel if we can't push it back. It'll be a long day so we would hope to take a midday break, but a 12:15 reservation doesn't really allow it
FP for SDMT (is this possible??), Splash, BTM
MVMCP

12/7 - AK Morning, Epcot Evening
AK Morning
FP for Navi/FOP (are either of these possible at 60+3??), Dinosaur, Everest
QS lunch (prob Satuli)
Epcot Evening for WS/booths

12/8 - AK EMH, early evening
AK EMH
FP for FOP, Everest, Safari
Ohana early Dinner at 4:15
Unless parks end up staying open later, we will prob do the resorts along the monorail after dinner and call it an early night

12/9 - Epcot PPO @ Akershus, HS evening
PPO @ Akershus at 8:20, arriving as early as we can
FEA immediately after breakfast
FP for TT, Space Ship Earth, LwtL
HS for either JBJB or Fantasmic

12/10 - MK Morning
FP for Pirates, Peter Pan, HM
leave park by noon to take tragical express back to airport

Thoughts? Feels? Suggestions?

Last edited:
I don’t understand the comment about day 1. Are you getting an extra day as well as PH since you are not in another park earlier? I think you can still make BOG and go back to the hotel, especially if you pre-order. Do you want to do AK at night to see Pandora and the tree of life awakening on your free evening? I don’t think you need a FP for Dinosaur in the morning! I would FP Safari again.

You might want to do HS twice at night so you can see both shows and Toy Story land is better at night.

Looks legit to me. There things in there that I wouldn't plan for fp but that's because if I missed them I wouldn't be heartbroken. I'm strictly a qs eater but that's because I would rather be flexible then have to rush to make a reservation but with only two adults I think you should be able to stay on track.

I don’t understand the comment about day 1. Are you getting an extra day as well as PH since you are not in another park earlier? I think you can still make BOG and go back to the hotel, especially if you pre-order. Do you want to do AK at night to see Pandora and the tree of life awakening on your free evening? I don’t think you need a FP for Dinosaur in the morning! I would FP Safari again.

You might want to do HS twice at night so you can see both shows and Toy Story land is better at night.
I'll have upgraded my tickets to APs at DS first. I just won't be able to prebook FPs

I was going to do another night at HS, but with the EMM, I feel like that might be too much time at HS?

Edit - I see it said upgrade to hoppers. I meant APs

Doing the Safari again seems like a good idea.

We usually do QS only, but this is a 30th bday trip for both of us so we wanted to throw in a few TS.

Doing the Safari again seems like a good idea.

We usually do QS only, but this is a 30th bday trip for both of us so we wanted to throw in a few TS.

The safari is so hit and miss, if you get a good one on your first go then I would leave it at that. Ours this last January was the best one we've had in 10 years of going.

Not a commando plan, and seems reasonable. You will have a busy week, but you have planned some breaks. Of course, if everyone is dragging at some point, then skip a few attractions and rest. DisneyWorld will still be around for another adventure in the future.

If you want to do a park on day 1, then you could pre-book your FPs there and not pre-book for your last day. Then once you get the APs on the first day, book the fastpasses for the last day. It should be doable since none of the ones you want on the last day are the high demand ones.

Your FOP FP on Day 3 may be tricky for a morning time. I've had luck on Day 4 with morning, but not a day 3. But you have that planned for day 4 as well, so I think you're good there.

I think your plan looks good. I would not be concerned about it being over planned at all. You only have 1 ADR and the 3 fastpasses for each day, which to me is the minimum. You will find yourself with lots of flexibility, which is a nice thing when you have hoppers and/or an AP. I plan in a similar way, get some structure around the mornings and dinners and then fill in with wherever I feel like going in the afternoons and nights.

If you want to do a park on day 1, then you could pre-book your FPs there and not pre-book for your last day. Then once you get the APs on the first day, book the fastpasses for the last day. It should be doable since none of the ones you want on the last day are the high demand ones.

Your FOP FP on Day 3 may be tricky for a morning time. I've had luck on Day 4 with morning, but not a day 3. But you have that planned for day 4 as well, so I think you're good there.

I think your plan looks good. I would not be concerned about it being over planned at all. You only have 1 ADR and the 3 fastpasses for each day, which to me is the minimum. You will find yourself with lots of flexibility, which is a nice thing when you have hoppers and/or an AP. I plan in a similar way, get some structure around the mornings and dinners and then fill in with wherever I feel like going in the afternoons and nights.

That's a good idea for the first/last day FP switch. We wanted to keep the last day pretty relaxed since we are leaving. We could always see if we have trouble getting 7DMT on 60+2 to decide if we need to try it for our last day of the trip instead.

I'd push for a midday break with MK/MVMCP. I did an all-day magic kingdom + the halloween party last year, and it wiped me out to the point where I felt super fatigued the entire next day. It really put a damper on things. Try to fit a solid nap in there if you can!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!