Am I jumping to conclusions?

wasianrapunzel

Earning My Ears
So I recently threw a birthday party, and I had a few friends over. They are all the same age except one, I'll call her Kate. Kate is a year younger than the rest of us and has known me longer than the other girls. Every year, on my birthday party, she'll come early and leave late. This year, I only had five close friends over (including Kate) because I've drifted apart from most others, and I am relatively close with most of the girls that came. Before my party started (Sunday) I checked my safe (I have a safe in my room that I use to hold cash because I don't feel the need to have a bank account at the moment) and I counted out $290. So after my birthday, I organize my presents and I collect the $40 that I received and went to put them in my safe. I count out my money without the $40, expecting $290, but it has lowered to $250. I immediately think about who was sleeping in my room Sunday night, and it was Kate and two of my other friends. Now, there's something you should know about Kate and me, it's that we have a weird money "problem" because she would raid her step-dad's basement for money and later got in trouble, and I've used her credit card to buy things online. I feel really guilty, but I often give her money and gifts so I feel like I'm making up for it. But Kate wouldn't. She wouldn't be able to own up to her actions because she hates being proven wrong. But I'm missing at least $40 in cash AND on top of that my purse, which contains my actual wallet and keys. Kate also had the idea to hide upstairs in my garage attic, and lock the door. I took petty revenge, and maybe she's angry at me for it. I'm most suspicious of Kate because she's always complaining and over exaggerating the fact that she's broke (she's not really broke though) and the fact that I heard her in the middle of the night on Sunday rummaging through my stuff (I was in the guest room with my other friends) and then she went to the bathroom. She was also the person who slept on my bed, which was closest to my closet (where my safe is, mind you, it is very small, about the size of a small, portable speaker) and she is one of the only people who know the code to the padlock. I don't want to confront her because if she doesn't have it, she might feel like I don't trust her and that I'm accusing her. But I also feel like if I asked her and she did have it, she would obviously tell me no and realize that I'm onto her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!