Am I missing some Disney magic...

Addisneydicted

Earning My Ears
This post goes after I recently viewed the Youtube video where Pete and the guys rated the top queues around MK. I am somewhat a local visitor as I live in Tampa and am a platinum passholder. We will visit the parks somewhat regularly and are always trying to get through as many attractions as possible. Checking wait times and Fastpasses usually get us through a good number of attractions in a day/vacation. So after watching the Youtube video I am starting to wonder if I am missing some good stuff here??? Is trying to keep from waiting in the lines and avoiding the queues causing me to miss some good Disney Magic? Would love to know whats out there that I may be missing and/or what are some of the favorite queues others enjoy? Much love. :thanks:

Some of the queue lines are cool to look at . . . not so cool that I would wait for hours on line to see them. We managed to see the Peter Pan queue at the end of EMM last year. I've heard the queue line for FoP is pretty good, but no way I'm standing in that standby line lol.

Have to agree with the poster above. If given the choice between FP or wait in the queue, I'll take the FP. I've been in all the queues except for FoP, during slow times. The part of the queue in Peter Pan where you are in the Darling nursery is neat, but not worth a long wait to see it. Same with the other attractions that have interactive queues. At the end of the day, you're still standing in line, and if I can avoid it, I will.

Well, some of the newer queues are pretty cool, but they're not crucial or anything. Peter Pan is a good one, and I hear Flight of Passage is good too, but there was no way I was doing that without FP (or at rope drop when they don't put you through the full queue). I don't think any of them are especially worth a long wait. I would do PP at rope drop and you do get to see the interior queue.

Decided to wait FoP standby for the first time (other than RD) Sunday because rain cleared out the park and the wait dropped to 60 minutes. I was surprised to learn that even as low as 60 minutes was not quite enough to get you to the indoor portion of the queue. I'd heard people talk about how amazing it was and how the 2-3 hour waits flew by. I'll say the one hour flew by, but I can imagine getting really bored and hot/miserable during the 2 hours waiting to get to the actual queue. Yes, there are still great views from the outdoor portion, but I don't think that it's enough to warrant waiting.

Multiple hours in line , no, but 30 minutes or so to enjoy The Tower of Terror prelude, the Haunted Mansion headstones definitely. It sometimes is the journey and not the destination. Slow down and take it all in.

We've always done the Peter Pan que late at night or during Fireworks so that there isn't a long wait. It's really fun seeing the kids get
sprinkled with the Pixie dust.

It depends on how much you like the "theme" in "theme park." If you love details and well-crafted stories translated into real-life spaces, then you will appreciate the queues a lot more.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter first opened at Universal Orlando was the first time I genuinely felt that the queue was as important as the actual ride. And if you're a fan of theme parks and/or Harry Potter, I'd absolutely agree. It's an integral part of the story... not just something to do to pass the time before you sit down in a chair for a few minutes. When they opened the priority lane (in Hollywood), you could rush by and see the highlights, but it was in no way the same as taking in the details and savoring them. People didn't appreciate the story and effects nearly as much.

I feel the same way about the Flight of Passage queue. If you don't walk through it at least once and soak it all in, you're missing a huge part of the loving detail that goes into creating the universe of the attraction. I thought FoP's queue was astonishingly well done and a fine example of "magic." Would I want to wait in it every single time? Probably not. If I have a FP, I'm going to use the FP. If I'm there at rope drop, I'm going to rush through as fast as it will let me. But if the wait time is tolerable, I'd recommend that any fans of "theming" to walk through the FoP queue at least once... at a leisurely pace and taking in the details/atmosphere. There's plenty to keep you occupied, especially if you're visiting with people you like to hang out with, so you can just enjoy being there in the moment.

Same answer for Peter Pan. In my opinion, the queue to Peter Pan is noticeably newer and more advanced of an attraction than the ride portion itself!

Disney and others have spoiled people with FastPass systems, and reduced our attention spans overall. But once in a while, queuing can actually be a positive part of a relaxing vacation!

It depends on how much you like the "theme" in "theme park." If you love details and well-crafted stories translated into real-life spaces, then you will appreciate the queues a lot more.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter first opened at Universal Orlando was the first time I genuinely felt that the queue was as important as the actual ride. And if you're a fan of theme parks and/or Harry Potter, I'd absolutely agree. It's an integral part of the story... not just something to do to pass the time before you sit down in a chair for a few minutes. When they opened the priority lane (in Hollywood), you could rush by and see the highlights, but it was in no way the same as taking in the details and savoring them. People didn't appreciate the story and effects nearly as much.

I feel the same way about the Flight of Passage queue. If you don't walk through it at least once and soak it all in, you're missing a huge part of the loving detail that goes into creating the universe of the attraction. I thought FoP's queue was astonishingly well done and a fine example of "magic." Would I want to wait in it every single time? Probably not. If I have a FP, I'm going to use the FP. If I'm there at rope drop, I'm going to rush through as fast as it will let me. But if the wait time is tolerable, I'd recommend that any fans of "theming" to walk through the FoP queue at least once... at a leisurely pace and taking in the details/atmosphere. There's plenty to keep you occupied, especially if you're visiting with people you like to hang out with, so you can just enjoy being there in the moment.

Same answer for Peter Pan. In my opinion, the queue to Peter Pan is noticeably newer and more advanced of an attraction than the ride portion itself!

Disney and others have spoiled people with FastPass systems, and reduced our attention spans overall. But once in a while, queuing can actually be a positive part of a relaxing vacation!

It's been seven years since my last trip, I am so looking forward to exploring all of the new changes and additions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter