Am I really going to Disney by myself?!? - November 2018

crazyash83

Mouseketeer
Heyo everyone
:welcome:

My name is Ashley :wave2:

I am rather new to posting PTR or TR, however, I thought there is no time like the present to push myself into doing new stuff. So I apologize ahead of time if I don't make any sense, occasionally I ramble on and on. So let's begin:

I turn 35 in November and thought I deserve to spoil myself and there is no better way to spoil yourself than to go to Disney :cheer2: So as soon as I could I booked the trip!!!

I have invited my friends to come along which could consist of an additional 4 more peeps although with their busy schedules (one is a nurse, she JUST got promoted to full time) & the other lady is a makeup artist in the film industry sooo very unpredictable. Both couples show extreme interest in coming but again, I am not holding my breath:rotfl2:and, to be honest, the more I think about going solo, the more I am liking it!:earseek:

The Deets:
Travel
dates: November 28 - December 5, 2018
Resort: Art of Animation, Little Mermaid room*

*I am not 100% on this resort selection yet, will prolly change to Pop Century when/if Free Dining comes out OR if the Room Only promo is good for a moderate resort

Who am I?
Like I mentioned earlier in the post, my name is Ashley and I am turning 35 in November. I am divorced which means I am single and enjoying it. I am a happy turtle mom to a Mississippi Map Turtle named Pierre. Other than Pierre, I have no other children. :jumping3:

History at the parks? Yep! I went when I was 8 years old with my mom and sister. My parents separated when I was 5/6 which is why no dad on this trip :rotfl:I hated this trip, my mom did not plan well, we were only there for 3 days (the rest was spent at St. Petersburg beach). All I wanted my mom to buy me on this trip was Mickey ears! Did I get them? No, BUT she did buy some for her boyfriend at the time AND his son, not her daughters, nope :eek:

The second trip I went in 2013 with my ex-husband for our 6th anniversary. This is where I found The Dis and these forums. I spent numerous hours researching and planning, lurking and gathering wonderful tips from all of you. I had an amazing time although I was so sick and medicated heavily that I dunno if it was because of the meds or not :rotfl2:no no no it was Disney.... this is when I fell in love with Disney.:love: After our October 2013 trip, we decided we wanted to become DVC members and started to plan our next trip down to Disney for our 7th wedding anniversary. We never made it to Disney in 2014, I left him in September and never looked back!

So you can see I took a little break from Disney after the break down of my marriage. I needed to do some soul-searching and find my identity again. We were together for almost 12 years, my entire 20's were with him. I came back to Disney last year when I was celebrating my 34th birthday with friends and we were discussing going on a big trip altogether to Disney when I exclaimed out loud that we should all go there for my 35th! :bday: They all agreed but like I posted above, plans might not work for them now but we will see :) My bestie, Lora, mentioned that if we were going that I should plan as I am officially a Disney nerd and expert in our circle of friends :jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

Now a little bit more about me, I am a super researcher! I will scour the internet for any and all information about where I am going and what I plan to do. It's a plus but also a negative as I can get rather impatient when things don't quite work out how I planned, but I am working on that:littleangel:, I promise! So after the discussion at my bday party, I went home and started looking up prices and gathering quotes for everyone. I sent them the quotes and the rest is history... no, not really, but let's see how this story unfolds as 2018 continues on...

I booked my package online through Disney's website as I find it simple and straightforward. Plus it starts the mood right:tongue:

Plans:

Things I wanna do:
  • Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (I have done Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and LOVED it)
  • ADR to fancy restaurant for bday dinner
  • a tour
I have put Memory Maker on the package AND Quick Service Dining Plan.

Thank you for reading so far... hope to make this enjoyable and entertaining to keep yall coming back for more

OH I forgot to mention where I live hahahahahaha I am Canadian, living in Mississauga which is just outside of Toronto on the west side

AND flight deets: Flying into MCO via West Jet arriving around 11 am I believe and departing MCO on Delta to JFK than to YYZ, finally get to say I have been to New York lol

That should do it for now, see you soon ::MinnieMo

*I dunno what happened to the font or sizing... I will figure this out as we go ;)

Following along! I’ll be there same week as you and I actually turn 35 in December! So I’ll be wearing my birthday pin too :love:

Well, I enjoyed your post. It sounds like you are planning a fun trip, and yes, you can go solo and have fun. I recommend California Grill for your Birthday dinner ( probably sit at the bar if solo.. )

Following along too.
November 28 - December 5, 2018 is a GREAT time to visit WDW!
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is fun and I prefer it over MNSSHP
I love eating in EPCOT, in Germany, not fancy, but it is a buffet and a show! :)
I never did a backstage tour, always waned to. They look like fun and interesting.

Looking forward to reading as your plans develop..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts