• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Am I the only ONE THAT CAN'T EVER decide on a resort??

edk35

DIS Veteran
:rotfl2: I go thru this every time...unless it is a last min. trip and we have little choice. I am all over the place for this Aug. trip. Right now I secured 3 nights at BC in a studio. They have 2 of those nights available in a 1 bedroom. I would prefer that. If I keep BC ...then we have to split our stay....so now I am trying to decide on another place. BEFORE we became members in Jan. 2007...it was JUST NOT HARD to pick a resort. :rolleyes1

Picking another resort to stay in, in a split stay situation is easy for us. We choose what parks/things to do closest to our first part of the stay then choose what parks/things to do closest to the second part of the stay.
Hey, you are going WDW it does not matter where you stay as long you are there, right.

Picking another resort to stay in, in a split stay situation is easy for us. We choose what parks/things to do closest to our first part of the stay then choose what parks/things to do closest to the second part of the stay.
Hey, you are going WDW it does not matter where you stay as long you are there, right.

TRUE :thumbsup2

I read your pool thread, and I think your "cool pool" philosophy is sound, especially balanced w/location. However, the problem may be that if you start at BC, you may not want to leave! Love that place!!

I used to have a really hard time, used to change my ressies a lot, etc. Now I know I will have a great time no matter where I stay so I just focus on what I love about the resort I have booked. The only thing I still do is consider the time of year and likely weather while I am visiting. I prefer AKV for winter ( love the lobby fireplace ad coziness of Jambo) or BLT or BWV. OKW, Beach Club and SSR are my preferences for warmer weather trips.

You are not alone.

I tend to do this everywhere we go: Las Vegas, Mexico, San Fran, Hawaii and even we do a staycation in Seattle. My husband jokes about it, I will switch hotels instantly if I see a better offer.

The other thing I like to do which is totally off topic is to use HOTWIRE when I have 1 night stay somewhere. I love the thrill of not knowing what you'll get, it's like gambling.

Anyway, with DVC I have been managing it pretty well, I book my home resort SSR at 11 mth and then I switch if available at 7 mth to somewhere near the park where we will spend most of our time.

This time, I am debating staying at AKL in late October/Nov just because we have never stayed there and I know all the Epcot DVC rooms will be close to sold out by 7mth mark. It is coming up soon though.

:hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter