Am I the only one that is unimpressed with SWGE - where is the juice?

Saving SW Land

Yet another article - too much smoke for this to be fake news. .
What is fake news? Disney is doing their marketing push now. This isn’t new. Disney did all sorts of synergy for Pandora and Toy Story Land as well. Disney didn’t expect to have to do a marketing push like that. They were wrong but it’s nothing they haven’t done before.

What is fake news? Disney is doing their marketing push now. This isn’t new. Disney did all sorts of synergy for Pandora and Toy Story Land as well. Disney didn’t expect to have to do a marketing push like that. They were wrong but it’s nothing they haven’t done before.

Cross-posted with you and we basically said the same thing. As far as "nothing they haven't done before", you can say that again!

Walt himself used to host "specials" on ABC that were nothing more than massive ads for Disneyland.

None of this is surprising.

this is where SWGE steps outside of the regular theme park experience. The guests has to be an active participant to get the most out of it. Not saying that walking in and going on the ride or looking at the stores won't do, but if you really want to squeeze the "juice" you have to be willing to be involved. Talk to CM for a minute and it'll do it, pretend you are in another planet and a new, alien outpost.
And I believe this is why some people do not enjoy the land, because they are just not willing to open up to it and just wants Disney to "wow" them in the regular, theme park way. Pandora was the first land of its kind and now SWGE. We will see if they continue the trend or not

Exactly. It's a different kind of experience and a different kind of fun. I enjoy spending time at the rest of the lands/parks, of course. But I can't go up to the churro vendor in Fantasyland and said, "Good morrow, fair lady. What news hath ye of our noble king?" and get anything from that CM beyond perhaps a call for medical attention.

But that's the kind of fun you can have in GE. But if you're just looking for a bunch of zippy rides and peppy music, there are other lands out there that are more to your taste.

Cross-posted with you and we basically said the same thing. As far as "nothing they haven't done before", you can say that again!

Walt himself used to host "specials" on ABC that were nothing more than massive ads for Disneyland.

None of this is surprising.
Not to mention the annual Christmas parade stuff or specials they do at Disney. You get to see various pop stars perform music in the parks, but it's just a big advertisement for the various Disney parks.

You can call me a Disney fanboy, and to some extent that's true. But there's no smoke or fire to be seen at SW:GE.

Saving SW Land

Yet another article - too much smoke for this to be fake news. .
There's no smoke in that article no matter how much you wish there was. I agree that Disney over-hyped Galaxies Edge so much that I think people are actually staying away. But all of this marketing was planned well in advance, and was going to happen whether there were lines out the door or not.

It's not "fake" news, it's just not really news. It's simply saying that Disney is going to be doing marketing for the new land, which shouldn't be a surprise, lol.

Personally I don't read or watch any videos be it for or against anything, cause I like to form my own opinions. I went into SWGE with high expectations because I had been following the developments ever since it was announced that Disney bought LucasFilm, I am a huge SW fan, attended every day of every weekend of Star Wars Weekends for 10 years. And I was not disappointed. I have gone out of my way to visit as often as I possibly can, I have gone to DHS only to go into SWGE. I'm not making a video or writing an article why it works for me, I'll let people decide for themselves. If you don't enjoy it, that's fine, there's the rest of DHS and 3 other Disney parkss and 2 Universal parks and SW to visit if you are in Orlando

Reactions: EmJ
for me is when she called it Star Wars Land :D
Be forewarned, that’s what ‘Other Worlder’ CMs call it at DL. It was crazy to hear a CM at Rivers of America direct the opening crowd to “head right for BTMRR and this way for ‘Star Wars Land’.”

Later while riding the train, after “Approaching New Orleans Square” the Conductor added “and also the stop for Star Wars Land.”

DD said it’s because most guests don’t understand SWGE versus ‘SW Land.’ Still irritating and confusing as to why DL feels the need for CMs to identify it that way.

Be forewarned, that’s what ‘Other Worlder’ CMs call it at DL. It was crazy to hear a CM at Rivers of America direct the opening crowd to “head right for BTMRR and this way for ‘Star Wars Land’.”

Later while riding the train, after “Approaching New Orleans Square” the Conductor added “and also the stop for Star Wars Land.”

DD said it’s because most guests don’t understand SWGE versus ‘SW Land.’ Still irritating and confusing as to why DL feels the need for CMs to identify it that way.
I can understand it though; to those that aren't all that familiar, the name Star Wars: Galaxies Edges sounds like a ride, or movie. So even though you'd think the CM's would refer to it as what it actually is called, they recognize that many people just think of it as Star Wars Land, or the Star Wars area, etc. It also doesn't help that the land itself is on the planet Baatu, and Black Spire Outpost is a location in that. So between those 3 names for the general area, it can be confusing. Whereas Toy Story Land is just Toy Story Land, and Pandora is the Avatar area.

I can understand it though; to those that aren't all that familiar, the name Star Wars: Galaxies Edges sounds like a ride, or movie. So even though you'd think the CM's would refer to it as what it actually is called, they recognize that many people just think of it as Star Wars Land, or the Star Wars area, etc. It also doesn't help that the land itself is on the planet Baatu, and Black Spire Outpost is a location in that. So between those 3 names for the general area, it can be confusing. Whereas Toy Story Land is just Toy Story Land, and Pandora is the Avatar area.
I cringe every time I'm on the tram and the tram operator says "for your enjoyment there is a showing of Star Wars fireworks show" ugh. I'm like Noooooo (in my best Vader yell)

not true, at least for WDW
Its not ready to go though like you said. It’s testing yes but it hasn’t to my knowledge run with the consistency needed which is why it still is not open. I’ve heard several rumblings that we may be in for a Hagrid’s situation with this.

Budget cuts will not affect ROTR, the ride has been ready for months and is now just in continuous testing

What's your source for this? Several people with actual first hand knowledge paint a very different picture. It is being said that the ride may not be ready on Dec 5 after all. It is not working reliably at all yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter