Am I the only one that is unimpressed with SWGE - where is the juice?

The land just feels void of life...the meet and greets should be moved over there and they should have more stage shows / live entertainment.

Possibly trying to keep some of that outside the land as it gets filled to capacity? Could having entertainment cause longer VQ to get in the land as people stay longer?

I get being disappointed that it isn't what one wanted but how do they see it as the imagineers lying to them? The land looks just like the earliest concept art so what were they expecting that we didn't get?

If anything I think there is more references to the movies than I was expecting with the wandering characters and stuff. I wasn't expecting to see Chewbacca and Rey around for example
Not to mention all the Easter eggs if you really look around.

*** Need feedback please about my upcoming WDW adventure in October and SWGE.....
below is a post i posted on someones June 2019 DL TR......******:goodvibes
--------------------------------------

FYI - I was listening to Star Wars music on my Iphone as I was reading your TR....
Thought that SWGE DL needed "plussing" as I was per ruzzing thru your verbiage.....................;)

loved it as always by the by -
Tho......

After reading very carefully yer TR and feeling totally immersed in the SWGE element
and loving those FAB pictures......

I hate to admit it.....

I feel underwhelmed by SWGE!:darth:

Did I buy n2 the hype??
Did I drink the punch 2 early ????

Well... after a lot of thought, I feel that all SWGE to me is one attraction ride......
BUT NNNNOOOOOO JJOOOHHHNNNN WWWIILLLIIAAMMSSSS MUSIC?????????????????????????

**** WTW!!!!***************
Dont get me wrong, SWGE overal layout looks FAB......
its just imo where is -

1) john Williams music -
2) "May the Force be With You"... not even being said by anyone?? WTW???????
3) yes, I agree as well.... where the H is JABBA????
4) heres one... how about some tiny chess AAs on that table inside the Falcon??????

This to me just comes across like DISney really didnt buy the rights to Star Wars cuz a lot of it is missing in SWGE --- again IMO.

Anywho -
Again, just one attraction ride at this time??
THATS IT.

Well....
I have experienced Star Tours (the old school motion ride)
I have experienced Mission Space -
I have experienced Soarin.............................
I have been to Radiator Springs and was only there to see that attraction ride... not the Gift shops, not the eateries, etc... great layout - loved the overall look at feel of it

BUT...... with all those people drinking n2 the SWGE DL punch bowl.....
So, with time is money and money is time, my WDW window to book FPs open up mid next month (for Oct 17th attempt of SWGE)....

But.....
If if if I dont land any FP for that the Falcon, then opt to try for FP for Slinky, Rock n Roll coaster, TOT and if unsuccessful there (or not pleased w.the results), I feel Epcot F&W it is, etc enstead of HS on Oct 17th...
Is that how it works over at WDW??

Q - in your opinion, is SWGE even "do-able" in the pm?????? (say after 2pm)
Q - Any other suggestions for the pm of that day that u wud suggest if no?

Anywho -
FEEDBACK????
I welcome some if ya n the mood ... you Breakfast at Tiffs hat wearer you -:smickey:

Okey dokey.... back to my Star Wars music and checking out yer TR 1 more time....

LUV THE PICS!

P.S.S. Yes, I even have that 'Star Wars' - Galaxy Edge Symphonic Suite (music inspired by he Disney themed land) on my Iphone but HAIL YEA, would also be nice to DISney to also pipe in some of the other J Williams Star Wars music we all know and love .....

OOK.......... thanks all for listening as Im just feeling a weeeeee bit nervous about this and wondering if my time and money would be better spent at Say Epcot or MK -

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:wave2:

Last edited:
P.S.S. Yes, I even have that 'Star Wars' - Galaxy Edge Symphonic Suite (music inspired by he Disney themed land) on my Iphone but HAIL YEA, would also be nice to DISney to also pipe in some of the other J Williams Star Wars music we all know and love .....
In regards to the music the symphonic suite is played near the entrances to the land in DL I believe. Otherwise it’s not played much of anywhere. They want this land to be realistic so instead of famous scores playing throughout you have what actual Star Wars characters would hear. Animal/creature noises, ships flying overhead, stuff like that.

It’s similar to Pandora. Pandora has animal and creature noises throughout not a musical score.

1) john Williams music -
2) "May the Force be With You"... not even being said by anyone?? WTW???????
3) yes, I agree as well.... where the H is JABBA????
4) heres one... how about some tiny chess AAs on that table inside the Falcon??????
It’s possible because the resistance side isn’t complete that the “May the Force be with you” line isn’t being used much yet. The first order or dark side area isn’t going to say such.
Again, just one attraction ride at this time??
THATS IT.

Yes that’s how we knew it would happen all along. The second attraction opens in December.
BUT...... with all those people drinking n2 the SWGE DL punch bowl.....
So, with time is money and money is time, my WDW window to book FPs open up mid next month (for Oct 17th attempt of SWGE)....
There is NO FastPass available for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.

It’s possible because the resistance side isn’t complete that the “May the Force be with you” line isn’t being used much yet. The first order or dark side area isn’t going to say such.

Yes that’s how we knew it would happen all along. The second attraction opens in December.

There is NO FastPass available for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.

needing please then some much needed coaching....
then how do we .. what - be blessed with being able to sit in the Falcon at WDW??

Is it via a tour of some sorts?
if so, whats the name of it??

Again, my window for ** WDW ** what.. FPs opens up in mid august and I am trying to understand how in the world do I be lucky enough to sit in the Falcon...

I just called WDW resorts and they dont know either at this time if SWGE at WDW is FP able or First come first served...
they suggested if not FP, they yes, its foirst come first served -

Q - Do you anything to the contrary that would help or fair to say what she said if how it is at WDW??

thanks tho as i do apreciate your help -

T.T.F.N.

then how do we .. what - be blessed with being able to sit in the Falcon at WDW??

Again, my window for ** WDW ** what.. FPs opens up in mid august and I am trying to understand how in the world do I be lucky enough to sit in the Falcon...

I just called WDW resorts and they dont know either at this time if SWGE at WDW is FP able or First come first served...
Q - Do you anything to the contrary that would help or fair to say what she said if how it is at WDW??

T.T.F.N.
You wait in the standby line with everyone else.

T.T.F.N.

Just like in Disneyland California, you will have 2 options on how to ride Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run
  1. Regular Standby Line
  2. Single Rider Line
For both of these you will just have to stand in line and wait. You may have to stand in line 60, 90, 120 minutes or more, depending on the time of day and the crowd level.

You may have a 3rd option, if you have a DAS card, as they get a return time and use a different entrance and dont have to wait in the standby line

You may have a 4th option, if you are willing to pay for a "plaid" / private Disney Tour Guide as in Disneyland California , the private tours use the same entrance as the DAS return time people and dont have to wait in the standby line

It won’t make or break our vacation but I am looking forward to seeing SWGE. I’m looking forward to being immersed in Star Wars for a couple hours, enjoying the details and giggling. I’m not really worried if it knocks my socks off, just that we have a good time.

It seems like some people want this land to be like the recent films – mainly the non-episodic ones – treated previous canon, shoehorning in random stuff to fill a bingo card: HEY REMEMBER THIS DROID? HE'S BACK! WHAT ABOUT PONDA BABA? HE'S GOTTA HAVE A CAMEO. MAKE A REFERENCE TO JABBA, TOO. PEOPLE KNOW HIM.

Pass.

It seems like some people want this land to be like the recent films – mainly the non-episodic ones – treated previous canon, shoehorning in random stuff to fill a bingo card: HEY REMEMBER THIS DROID? HE'S BACK! WHAT ABOUT PONDA BABA? HE'S GOTTA HAVE A CAMEO. MAKE A REFERENCE TO JABBA, TOO. PEOPLE KNOW HIM.

Pass.

Well that’s how Wizarding World was setup and I don’t see many complaints...

In regards to the music the symphonic suite is played near the entrances to the land in DL I believe. Otherwise it’s not played much of anywhere. They want this land to be realistic so instead of famous scores playing throughout you have what actual Star Wars characters would hear. Animal/creature noises, ships flying overhead, stuff like that.

I just listened to the Symphonic Suite on You Tube. That music is absolutely NOT being played anywhere near SWGE. There is slight music playing in the entrance areas, but it sounds like the kind of music you hear in a spa while getting a massage. It is weird, pan flute and chimes kind of music.

In the land itself, there is only music playing near Rontos Roasters, and it is, essentially, the same music DJ Rex is playing inside the cantina being broadcast as a "radio" broadcast. There is some talking between songs.

It has been a bust in Disneyland. No other way to describe it. Some will just say anything is super in relation to Disney but it hasn't moved the meter for attendance. I know Rise of the Resistance is still to come but there's no way around the fact that they spent a lot of money on what was a lot of people's dreams (a Star Wars land) and it just hasn't been what people expected.

I think the vast majority of it has to do with just flat out laziness. Park-goers want rides where you move. Smuggler's Run could be the best version of Star Tours ever but how in the world did you not build something that moves folks around? We have Smuggler's Run already. I know the new one is better and you can control things but where's the thrill ride?

The merchandise is always overpriced so they get a pass on that.

With that said, I have three kids and I priced out a trip to WDW in September (least busy month of the year). With free dining for a week at a moderate it was going to cost me $6.5k (before trips). Now I'm sorry that's crazy. I've been going to Disney forever and I remember when it was better, not as crowded and not as expensive. This version is not up to snuff when it comes to how I want to spend my entertainment dollars. My kids choose a cruise every time and I'm thrilled bc its a third of the cost.

Galaxy's Edge - I was there yesterday. What a wasted opportunity. The only star wars in there is the falcon and that's the most popular thing and area. Imagine if everything was from star wars. I bet the imagineers were frustrated with the restrictions they had set on them by upper management. I kept thinking "imagine if they put this work into making the forest of endoor, Tatooine w/ lukes/lars house, naboo palace/lake, mustafar with Darth vadar, jabas palace,dagobah (yodas house), snowy hoth, the death star, the emporers lair. If you could visit these places and eat there or shop there or meet all the characters there (how about a show with darth maul and vader fighting luke and obiwan) , with music playing, special star wars fireworks. R2D2 and C3po walking around. I mean comeone! There is no way people believe it'll be this slow and not absolutely jam packed had they done any of that. I rode star tours yesterday and then went to smugglers run and I wish they had those locations from star tours in smugglers run I could fly and fight in. Instead of chasing a dumb train to extract electricity. think about how stupid that sounds. There is no way imagineers sat there and when asked "where do we go and what do we do flying the falcon?" "How about we chase a train to extract electricity?". lmao are you kidding?! The response was more likely "OK lets go to the death star to rescue leia and fight vadar on the way (with han solo and chewie assisting you maybe with a animatronic in the cockpit with you) and then another scenario where as bounty hunters we deliver jabbas shipment to hoth where luke is instead of delivering to darth maul on mustafar and drop off droids that spy on mustafar instead dressed to look as the items they were expecting". Im just throwing out random ideas. Timeline doesn't matter, this land should have been a huge celebration of starwars from every era for all whether they grew up with it or just got into it. People should be losing their minds when visiting what should have been "The Galaxy" instead of what is, "Galaxy's Edge"

Galaxy's Edge - I was there yesterday. What a wasted opportunity. The only star wars in there is the falcon and that's the most popular thing and area. Imagine if everything was from star wars. I bet the imagineers were frustrated with the restrictions they had set on them by upper management. I kept thinking "imagine if they put this work into making the forest of endoor, Tatooine w/ lukes/lars house, naboo palace/lake, mustafar with Darth vadar, jabas palace,dagobah (yodas house), snowy hoth, the death star, the emporers lair. If you could visit these places and eat there or shop there or meet all the characters there (how about a show with darth maul and vader fighting luke and obiwan) , with music playing, special star wars fireworks. R2D2 and C3po walking around. I mean comeone! There is no way people believe it'll be this slow and not absolutely jam packed had they done any of that. I rode star tours yesterday and then went to smugglers run and I wish they had those locations from star tours in smugglers run I could fly and fight in. Instead of chasing a dumb train to extract electricity. think about how stupid that sounds. There is no way imagineers sat there and when asked "where do we go and what do we do flying the falcon?" "How about we chase a train to extract electricity?". lmao are you kidding?! The response was more likely "OK lets go to the death star to rescue leia and fight vadar on the way (with han solo and chewie assisting you maybe with a animatronic in the cockpit with you) and then another scenario where as bounty hunters we deliver jabbas shipment to hoth where luke is instead of delivering to darth maul on mustafar and drop off droids that spy on mustafar instead dressed to look as the items they were expecting". Im just throwing out random ideas. Timeline doesn't matter, this land should have been a huge celebration of starwars from every era for all whether they grew up with it or just got into it. People should be losing their minds when visiting what should have been "The Galaxy" instead of what is, "Galaxy's Edge"
This is Star Wars. Disney and Lucasfilm worked hand in hand on this. You are misinformed on how this land was created. The attractions are set in the new trilogy. Timeline does batter when you have a purpose to put guests inside the story. You can't just pick and choose pieces.

This is Star Wars. Disney and Lucasfilm worked hand in hand on this. You are misinformed on how this land was created. The attractions are set in the new trilogy. Timeline does batter when you have a purpose to put guests inside the story. You can't just pick and choose pieces.
I do know how it was created. Instead of choosing the best ideas for the land, restrictions were put in place that it must be from the current timeline of the films. Hogsmeade in the Wizarding world has put millions of people in the story. The rides and events in there are not on a specific timeline. Forbidden Journey is a “best of” potter and it is still regarded as a top ride in a top themed land. No one has told Disney they cannot pick and choose pieces except themselves. As a huge star wars fan, a huge disney fan, it urks me on what is versus what could have been. We must be honest in how we feel about our expiriences and thoughts. The ideas about a star ward land and possibilities make me absolutely giddy. The reality of when I visit does not. I have a subtle feeling. One of, what if we see changes to the land in orlando when it opens? Like luke and vadar walking around? Or the original music playing throughout? Im feeling as if its a possibility given the underwhelming response to galaxys edge in Anaheim.

One of, what if we see changes to the land in orlando when it opens? Like luke and vadar walking around? Or the original music playing throughout? Im feeling as if its a possibility given the underwhelming response to galaxys edge in Anaheim.
Nope we won't see that. It would be completely out of place.

. Instead of chasing a dumb train to extract electricity. think about how stupid that sounds. There is no way imagineers sat there and when asked "where do we go and what do we do flying the falcon?" "How about we chase a train to extract electricity?". lmao are you kidding?!

UM, I guess you havent seen Star Wars A Solo Story then, cos thats EXACTLY what happens in the film!!

Nope we won't see that. It would be completely out of place.

so is Christmas in pandora, yet that's happening this year.

UM, I guess you havent seen Star Wars A Solo Story then, cos thats EXACTLY what happens in the film!!

I did. I actually enjoyed that movie. Was that a classic memorable scene that people talk about? no. How about the kessel run? That would have a bigger impact on guests. Again, I highly doubt when asked what to do from imageneers, they said stealing electricity from the solo movie. In fact, it makes it more clear that they were told "you have to do something from solo".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!