Am I the only one who saves most of the paper work from a Disney Cruise?

Yes we keep Everything I have stuff from 30 years ago !! Napkins swizzle sticks etc maps you name it I’ve got it !! Yup They are my Disney memories !! It’s like a time capsule on how things have changed

My grandmother was a saver, and her specialty was paper items. It had been a total nightmare going through her piles and piles of endless pieces of paper. Organized papers, but still papers. Receipts, photos, shopping bags from all over the word, warranties for items she no longer had, just about ever paper thing you can imagine. We moved into her house 10 years ago. She has been gone now 3-1/2 years. We are still going through boxes.

As someone said earlier, once you have had that type of experience, you look at things differently.

I keep some things, especially at I just return home from a trip, but I tend to get rid of most of it eventually. I have learned no one else wants my stuff. It is only meaningful to me, so I try to go through it once in a while and re-evaluate whether I still want to keep it.

6 cruises so far and anywhere from 1-3 inches of paperwork kept. Documents kept in binder include, transportation and hotel but mostly Disney things. I pre-print the excursions and put them in the binder so that we can see the options that we were interested in should we change our mind to add an excursion. Also include TripAdvisor reviews that have helpful tips. Bring 3-hole punch and add as we go.

I keep a lot of the same documents you mention. Sometimes I need to refer back to my past cruises to determine dates, destinations and my stateroom for planning future cruise bookings. I also have what I consider unique items in my collection such as those Mickey gloves on a stick, the daily menus from my Fantasy Maiden Voyage cruise and 3D glasses and menu from my Pixar Cruise. I would display it all if I could but I don't have the wall space plus my place already looks like a Disney store. :)

Until last year, we lived in a tiny place in an urban area where we barely had enough closet and cabinet space for clothes, kitchenware and towels. Everything we didn’t need got tossed. Now we are in a big house in the Midwest and have an empty attic, bare cabinets, and two plastic tubs of stuff in the basement—old habits die hard and we just keep tossing and not accumulating.

I have almost everything (cruise booklets, KTTW, all stateroom handouts, Navigators, Concierge documents, Concierge lithographs, etc) from all of our cruises.

I keep items from all trips I take, not just Disney, each one in its own clear plastic folder. Now, having said that, I have given away tons of the DCL stuff to people who are thinking about going. For example, my niece thought she would like to take her family so I gave her a bunch of navigators so she would have an idea of what 'a day in the life' would look like. I can also go back to them and compare costs which is interesting. The price I paid for our first cruise compared to know....well, we all know how that is going.
Occasionally DH will disagree with when we went somewhere and it's nice to be able to verify that I am right, lol.

As the title says. Am I the only one who does this?
My wife and I are big Disney fans. I still have the dinner bill from our first ever meal we bought while at Disney on our honeymoon over thirty years ago. I also have maps,menus we were given and resort news letters among other things form over the years of many vacations at Walt Disney World.

Am I the only one?
And yes I also have a lot of pictures in photo albums. Thank goodness for the digital age.

They give so much paperwork, (not just DCL, every cruise line) we have to trash every day to keep from getting overwhelmed. Note I frequently try to save a copy of each Navigator, but even so, they go into an envelope at the end of every day. I expect the Navigators to go from ask to online only soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!