Am I the Only One Who Thinks September & October Won't Be That Bad?

I don't think you can look at what is happening at DL (with their reservation system, and the majority of their visitors local) and extrapolate that to WDW. The majority of the visitors to WDW are not local and have planned their visits long before SWGE was announced to open.
WIth EPCOT F&W in the fall, it is already busy. I think adding SWGE will make it even more crowded.
But, it really will depend on how WDW decides to manage crowds at SWGE. I don't think they can just let it open to everyone like they did with Pandora. It seems like that size of crowd would ruin the interaction they want in the land.

I don't think you can look at what is happening at DL (with their reservation system, and the majority of their visitors local) and extrapolate that to WDW. The majority of the visitors to WDW are not local and have planned their visits long before SWGE was announced to open.
WIth EPCOT F&W in the fall, it is already busy. I think adding SWGE will make it even more crowded.
But, it really will depend on how WDW decides to manage crowds at SWGE. I don't think they can just let it open to everyone like they did with Pandora. It seems like that size of crowd would ruin the interaction they want in the land.
I already posted about your point in another thread.
The land will not be left open for everyone, they will be closing the land for capacity so people can enjoy it and not be shoulder to shoulder

Just follow all the trip reports closely. You'll have more than a month of good info. It seems you're leaning on skipping it, I would plan for that and then, If the circumstances work for your day that you can visit GE, go for it
I'm leaning toward skipping, but its my son that will ultimately decide. While I have no problem spending that sunday at MK watching the Christmas stuff for the first time, I also know he has no interest in that.

I think Disney just helped us with the crowds for October , and maybe September. With RotR opening early December, I suspect many of the people that have some flexibiity in their travel will now move their trips to December and January. Am hoping that happens.

Last edited:

I think Disney just helped us with the crowds for October , and maybe September. With RotR opening early December, I suspect many of the people that have some flexibiity in thier travel will now nove their trips to December and January. At hoping that happens.
I'm hoping this as well, but still going in expecting high crowds, especially in HS.

I'm super chill about crowds, heat, waiting and am mentally prepared for all of it during our Labor Day Weekend trip but I have to admit one of the reasons we pick this time is because of the low crowds and it feels like a bummer that that might not be the case this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter