Amanda Knox in Italy!

I can't imagine i would go back to a place that had treated me like that. However, I'm not her, so I can't speak for her or what she needs to do to process her ordeal.

S

She is doing her best to avoid the media. They are the problem not her

Going back to Italy and ragging on the media in seminars there is not doing her best to avoid the media. I can think of myriad ways to avoid the media better than that and very few to stir up the story again better than that.

Maybe she’s going back to help educate the public on the dangers of prosecutions and the media.

I’m a prosecutor and one conference I went to on wrongful convictions had a panel with not only someone who served a lengthy sentence for a crime he didn’t commit but also the prosecutor. It was a reminder of the power we have and the responsibility that comes with it. I imagine it took a lot of guts for those two to appear and discuss it.

Finally I’m honestly flummoxed by the vitriol expressed toward her in this thread. Maybe I don’t have all the facts? But she was a 20 year-old arrested, convicted of murder, sentenced to a 26 year sentence all in a foreign country, and ultimately exonerated (and not only exonerated but declared innocent). I couldn’t imagine having to go through that.

Maybe she’s going back to help educate the public on the dangers of prosecutions and the media.

I’m a prosecutor and one conference I went to on wrongful convictions had a panel with not only someone who served a lengthy sentence for a crime he didn’t commit but also the prosecutor. It was a reminder of the power we have and the responsibility that comes with it. I imagine it took a lot of guts for those two to appear and discuss it.

Finally I’m honestly flummoxed by the vitriol expressed toward her in this thread. Maybe I don’t have all the facts? But she was a 20 year-old arrested, convicted of murder, sentenced to a 26 year sentence all in a foreign country, and ultimately exonerated (and not only exonerated but declared innocent). I couldn’t imagine having to go through that.
She needs to see and appreciate how fortunate she is to have gotten out of that mess. To go back in and tempt fate seems needlessly risky. I'm sorry she went through what she did. Going back in, if something happens to her now, it's all on her. Speaking out against false prosecution in Italy can be done from anywhere.

She needs to see and appreciate how fortunate she is to have gotten out of that mess. To go back in and tempt fate seems needlessly risky. I'm sorry she went through what she did. Going back in, if something happens to her now, it's all on her. Speaking out against false prosecution in Italy can be done from anywhere.
This.

I don’t have any ill feelings towards her and always felt she was innocent but she’s nuts to go back there. My understanding is that once she finally got back to America they wanted to extradite her. Or reserved the right to. (Too lazy to google). Call me chicken but if it were me, there’s just no way in hell I’d take that chance. They sent her to prison with zero evidence once, they could easily do it again. As mom2rtk said she can speak out from a distance.

Going back to Italy and ragging on the media in seminars there is not doing her best to avoid the media. I can think of myriad ways to avoid the media better than that and very few to stir up the story again better than that.

Someone needs to speak out of the dangers the fake news. She was prosecuted in the press which is flat out wrong.

Would I go back? Heck no!

I don’t think she did it, but I do think that right now she’s listening to bad advice. Stay out of Italy, girl!

Someone needs to speak out of the dangers the fake news. She was prosecuted in the press which is flat out wrong.
I agree it’s wrong and should be spoken about but if they come after her again there is not a lot anyone can do. I find it almost arrogant the way some Americans think our government will come riding to their rescue when a lot of times they simply can’t. Obviously I have no idea if that it was she’s counting on but it seems to me a sane person would stay out of a country that wanted (wants?) their head on a platter.

Oh good. Seeing as how we're now agreed that contrary to your earlier post, she is not in fact doing her best to avoid the media, we can now haggle and higgle about the reason she is not doing her best to avoid the media and is indeed seeking attention. Now we're getting somewhere.

Fake news didn't get her convicted. She in fact did lie to the cops and falsely directly implicated a third party who had absolutely nothing to do with it. If she wants to educate people on anything, I humbly suggest she educate people about the dangers of lying to the cops implicating an innocent man placing yourself at the murder scene in the process and then when they figure out he couldn't have done it, thinking she's part of the real plot. Instead it's This guy did it. The police forced me to lie. Non riesco a parlare bene L'italiano. The media did it. Except of course the media that reported what the pr firm hired by my parents told them. Everyone is guilty but me. Look at me look at me, I'm special. Sorry. Not buying her nonsense.
Though given a lack of forensic evidence, the conviction for murder should be overturned, I think even here in the states, there would be time to serve for lying to the cops like that.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter