Amazing August - W.I.S.H. Goals

Here's my (some what long winded) woohoo story...

Yesterday work was a total crap-fest: at the highest level there's a huge disconnect between the business folks and the tech folks on the timeline and deliverables for the project I'm working on. We (tech) keep telling them (biz) "a,b,c", they agree, and then turn around and say "no, it's d".... this has actually been going on for a while, but it came to a head yesterday. When I left work I was one huge knot of stress. I had my NAET appointment after work, and while I was waiting I checked IG and someone had posted this poem:

your soul is enflamed
good
pay attention
find water
come inside

Whoa... this is good for me? It helped me to totally re-frame what was going on.

After my NAET appointment I went to an appointment for an ionic foot bath. The gal who did it is into energy work and talked quite a bit about that during the appointment, and did some clearing on me while I was soaking. She also gave me a card with two questions on it, that I can ask myself to change what is going on:

How does it get better than this?
What else is possible?

So, out of the quagmire of crappiness came two huge gifts!

Last edited:
Here's my (some what long winded) woohoo story...

Yesterday work was a total crap-fest: at the highest level there's a huge disconnect between the business folks and the tech folks on the timeline and deliverables for the project I'm working on. We (tech) keep telling them (biz) "a,b,c", they agree, and then turn around and say "no, it's c".... this has actually been going on for a while, but it came to a head yesterday. When I left work I was one huge knot of stress. I had my NAET appointment after work, and while I was waiting was I checked IG and someone posted this poem:

your soul is enflamed
good
pay attention
find water
come inside

Whoa... this is good for me? It helped me to totally re-frame what was going on.

After my NAET appointment I went to an appointment for an ionic foot bath. The gal who did it is into energy work and talked quite a bit about that during the appointment, and did some clearing on me while I was soaking. She also gave me a card with two questions on it, that I can ask myself to change what is going on:

How does it get better than this?
What else is possible?

So, out of the quagmire of crappiness came two huge gifts!
Oneanne, I love your openness to new and alternative theories and therapies! An ionic foot bath sounds wonderful! I like getting a foot massage when I get a pedicure so this sounds even better!

Oneanne, I love your openness to new and alternative theories and therapies! An ionic foot bath sounds wonderful! I like getting a foot massage when I get a pedicure so this sounds even better!
Ionic foot bathes are really interesting... there's a lot of gunk that shows up. This gal is a traditional aesthetician but is also trained in several different energy modalities and combines the two in really interesting ways... like you can get the ionic foot bath with a pedicure, which does sound heavenly. I made an appointment for a facial with an access energy treatment in a couple weeks, which is supposed to be better than a face lift... we shall see!

Hi Everyone! I'm late to the party this month, but have been following along. I'm still on my maintenance/loose maybe just a few more pounds journey... and definitely looking to loose a few pounds as the scale has been creeping up these past few weeks. Now I am starting to understand the "Maintenance is sometimes harder than loss" thing which I couldn't see how it was so before... but dang it, it's frustrating to gain and loose the same 2-4 lbs every other month!

Unfortunately I am closer to 4-5 lbs up.... eek! So I need to get refocused.

I'm trying to be kind to myself this month. I was traveling for work last weekend (but got some Disney time in! --- and if any of y'all were around a million years ago when I started here on the boards, this was the weekend I did my meet my goal treat that was my initial motivator to start loosing! I finally got a night at the Grand. That was my big treat if I ever got to my goal weight and here we are-- 47lbs lighter! It was nuts. I may have cried of happiness like 6 times LOL!). Anyway, we definitely had some celebratory eating over the weekend. And then I leave next Wednesday for another work trip to Atlanta for 5 days. So I know eating isn't going to be as perfect as when I cook for myself, but I will have to do the best I can.

But it's WooHoo Wednesday! So something positive is that work trip coming up-- my best friend lives in Atlanta so I am super excited to see her as part of this trip! Woohoo!

I did not know about your reward for reaching your goal-but that’s amazing! 47lbs gone!
Congratulations!

Welcome back!! I am sorry that cruising was not your thing, but at least it means that you won't have picked up an expensive vacation habit! And even more sorry about your burn! I hope you will heal quickly!

Ouch! Hope you are feeling better soon.

feel better soon

Thank you everyone. I am hanging in there. I went back to the dr. yesterday as I was in a lot of pain. Everything looks good and is healing No infection. I just need to keep taking advil until it heals to keep the inflammation and pain down. I am doing a little better today.

My Woohoo for yesterday is that i am glad the burn happened on the way home from vacation then on the way down. Also, that it happened to me and not my son who I was going to be handing the cup off to. I am also woohooing that the burn is healing they way it should.

I am doing ok on drinking water. I need to do better right now though as I was told burns take a lot of fluid from the body. On Tuesday i drank 20 oz but yesterday I am not sure. I didn't have my water bottle with me. I am thinking I only got like 10-15 oz. back at it today.

My woo-hoo is so pathetic compared to Lady Marie’s, but I had my annual dr. visit today, and the dr. was impressed with my cholesterol numbers! :banana:
Not pathetic at all - good job getting those cholesterol numbers down!

Sorry for missing Topic Thursday yesterday!! Life was crazy busy all day long.

So, let’s roll Topic Tuesday and Fun Friday into one and ask a Disney question! What is your personal favorite Disney attraction (any park) and why? And as a bonus since we are talking about healthy living: Which Disney attraction do you think is the “healthiest” attraction (define healthy in this regard as you wish! ;))

Friday Free-for-all:

Goals check-in:
Lose 5 pounds... down another -2, making it -8 for the month and -20 all together. My reward for -20 is to get my Juvederm touched up and I definitely need it because my resting-crabby-face is back. It's always interesting that around the -20 lbs mark people can tell you look different but can't pin point why... I've been getting a lot of comments like "did you change your hair".
Walk 100 miles... currently at 50 miles, which is about 2 miles below where I should be trending

Complete the on-line Soul Restoration course... well, I printed out the course work book, but haven't gotten in to yet.

Favorite Disney Attraction... wow, that's a tough one, there are only a couple that I don't like. I guess it's a toss up between Pirates of the Caribbean and Living with the Land... both are classics and very nostalgic. Living with the Land would win for healthiest, because of it's focus on fresh food. Now my most favorite thing to do at WDW that isn't specifically an "attraction" is to hang out around the Gaston's meet-and-greet and watch him "work", what a hoot and just as inappropriate as pirates. I had to cancel my plans to go to WDW in November because of the shift in my project dates: I'm thinking I'll go in March instead... I'll be just that much thinner and healthier and more energetic.

My Sister is staying with me the next couple days, so most of my household chores are done, getting ready for her visit. Over the weekend I can play, guilt free! The temps are slightly cooled off and the heavy smoke cover has cleared a little bit, so I will be able to get some out of doors time.

Happy weekend all! Make it a fun and healthy one... with limited plundering!

upload_2018-8-17_8-8-23.png

Last edited:
My choice would be the Safari in the Animal Kingdom-by the time we walk from the bus stop to the entrance and then to the ride, I feel like I have already walked a good distance-especially since we’re walking at a good pace! We then continue on the Gorilla Trail, so still moving...I also like the food options to the AK-the open market or the bowls at Satuli Cafe. And because of the heat we usually share-and aren’t as tempted by sweet things.
Still keeping up with my tracking and walking every day except Saturday-too many serious bikers out on the trail, so I give myself a day off. Will do some weeding instead.
Have a great weekend everyone! Can’t believe summer is winding down already-but going into my third year of retirement the Back to School ads no longer stress me out!

@Oneanne That is awesome. You are doing a great job.

As for rides I love IASW. I remember it from when I was a kids. All the other stuff I remember are gone (Tune Town, and the shows at HS). I make my family do this every time we go. They hate it. I do really like all the rides but a few. Space Mountain, ToT, Rock N Roller Coster, Star Tours, Mission Space, Soarn and Everest are the ones I refuse to ride. I have done most of them once though. Space Mountain and Everest is because of the dark and going backwards on Everest. I get kind of disorientated and then feel sick. Screen rides make me sick now and well ToT and Rock N Roller coaster I just won't try. They are just too intense for me. But I love all the other.

I did not do good yesterday with my water intake. I ended up getting some pop in the afternoon. And today I have been drinking pop. I wish I didn't have to take so much advil. This is why I am drinking pop. I can only swallow the pills if I take it with pop. I am doing better today and it looks like more of my leg has healed. I am walking a little bit faster and not limping as much either. So baby steps. I have been letting my leg air out once I get home and I think that is helping a lot.

I think my favorite ride is tower of terror. Although I know it's not that anymore at DLR. Healthiest? Hmmm I used to order the kids meals because they had healthier side dishes. Who doesn't love grapes and carrots?!

I'm invited to a lunch party and a dinner in the park party tomorrow. The lunch is a luau with friends from the gym. I know there will be lots of healthy food there. Dinner is another story! I am bringing a quickie sorta healthy dish. Yogurt and berries mixed with cool whip and pudding mix. Which reminds me. We need to get more blueberries. The smoke blew away mostly (it'll be back Sunday) and it's not super hot anymore (that'll be back Monday!) so maybe we'll pick them ourselves. Normally I'd do that first thing in the morning, but DS1 is in town so we'll be hanging out at home until he leaves late morning to hang out with friends.

Well, I've only been to WDW once so my experience is very limited.
I'd say my favorite is EE. I absolutely love going backwards lol what a rush!
As for healthiest, I remember seeing a little "movie" type thing in the Finding Nemo aquarium where Crush is preaching about the importance of keeping our oceans clean.

Well, I did well on my eating at both parties. I did have birthday cake but still came out all right on calories. I failed in my step goal Saturday. Didn't even think about it. Got home near bedtime and looked at my numbers. Yikes! Today I made sure to get them all! We tried to pick blueberries but where we wanted to go was closed. Instead I went to a farm and bought another box. They are all washed and in my freezer! Mmmmm I made a quinoa, cucumber, feta salad for dinner tonight. It was good.

Sorry for missing Topic Thursday yesterday!! Life was crazy busy all day long.

So, let’s roll Topic Tuesday and Fun Friday into one and ask a Disney question! What is your personal favorite Disney attraction (any park) and why? And as a bonus since we are talking about healthy living: Which Disney attraction do you think is the “healthiest” attraction (define healthy in this regard as you wish! ;))

I still need to answer my own question!! I think my overall favorite is Splash Mountain at Tokyo Disneylan. It is a bit different from the two American ones, it has a different layout, more scenes with animatronics and has beautiful views of the Rivers of America there. I just loved that ride. Splash Mountain has always been in the top as it has such a great combination of thrill, fun things to see and great music.

My pick for the healthiest would be Soarin. I think unless someone has a real horrible fear of heights, this ride just makes everyone happy. It is the only ride where you always hear people clapping at the end because they are so happy. Mental health is important, too. And Soarin really delivers on happiness! (Even if it did it better with the old version...)

My weekend was a good one. I managed to get started with my DVD workouts again. My hamstring was in pain after my run last Tuesday and some research showed that one reason could be my lack of form. So, back to building strength again. I know that I did something as everything is hurting today. I was due to run today, but did not dare with everything in pain. So, I think I will do a DVD cardio workout tonight. Too hot to run tonight...

Eating was all over the place until Saturday, too many social events. I had small deficits, but not really good ones. Yesterday I was back on track, today I had a healthy lunch of chicken breast with tomatos and boiled potatoes. And I have an afternoon snack (cottage cheese, carrots and tomatoes). So, I am set up for success. I don't think I will manage my goal of -3500 this week, but I might be able to still reach my monthly goal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!