Amazing trips to SDL and HKDL

dimndgal1

One little spark...
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who offered any and all advice on SDL and HKDL. We were able to hit both on the same trip by using the new 144 hour transit without visa in Shanghai and continuing on to Hong Kong.

My family loved SDL and both DH and I agree TRON and the new Pirates is worth the visit alone. We spent two days at the parks and, honestly, could've enjoyed a third as we really didn't figure out the flow until Day 2. HKD was cute and totally doable in a day (we did 2). Doing both back to back made for a well-rounded Disney visit; SDL is new with a lot of updated attractions but missing some of the traditional rides (Small World, Haunted Mansion), but HKD is very similar to DLCA and hit the nostalgia factor for me. Our biggest complain with HKDL was it could use a facelift... which we found out is in the works as we were leaving.

Working on a TR; will try to post soon! Thanks again for everyone's advice!!!

Sounds good! :) Can't wait for the trip report.

Can you already let me know, how did the 144 hour-visa work? Was it easy to apply? And other question, I'm curious, what is the flow of SDL? :)

The visa-free transit for mainland China is very simple and there's nothing to do ahead of time. You will get a form from the airlines when you fly into Shanghai that immigration/customs will need, but our airline ran out so we just filled them out when we got there. Easy peasy. We were able to take advantage of being visa free because we flew to HK after Shanghai, and had to show our boarding passes/email confirmation for that flight to the worker.

Can't wait to hear your tips and recommendations for SDL. There is still so little out there!

yes, looking forward to hearing more ! want to plan a trip for after christmas/beginning of 2018 for Shanghai in particular. What dates did you actually go on ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter