Amazon and Galapagos feedback ?

ctfl2009

Earning My Ears
Hi! Has anyone been on this trip? How did you like it? It would be myself my husband and my daughter would be 10 at time of travel.

You aren't the first to ask about this trip and get zero or close to zero responses. Does nobody do this itinerary? Does nobody come back alive? :-0
Yes it’s a big mystery. SO hard to find any feedback or reviews of this trip!!!

I'd love to hear feed back on this as well. Not sure how interested my kids would be...

Will follow this thread. Galapagos is a bucket list trip for my husband, we are doing Italy this year and SE Asia next year, but he’s trying to convince me to do Galapagos after that. I just haven’t read as much feedback on that one. In two years it will be four of us, kiddos will be 11 and 12.

We have acquaintances here in town who do an ABD every summer with their two boys. I'm pretty sure they've done the Galapagos. I don't know any details, but I do know they came back from it. :)

LOL... I posted a similar question a few months ago... crickets.... other than one response that was acknowledged as dated. There is a relatively recent trip report from an adults only trip which we found extremely helpful in the trip report thread.

We are heading out on this adventure Monday -- super excited!

LOL... I posted a similar question a few months ago... crickets.... other than one response that was acknowledged as dated. There is a relatively recent trip report from an adults only trip which we found extremely helpful in the trip report thread.

Yea! Please report back! This trip really does sound like a true adventure. Have an amazing time!:flower1:

Have fun and please let us know how your adventure goes. I'm sure it is going to be amazing. We just took the plunge and booked this trip for March 2019.

It was awesome! Yes, we made it back alive :) So glad we did this trip.

The trip report from the adults only adventure in 2016 was very helpful. There are a few changes, but it is pretty much the same. One major difference is the 2016 trip was in the winter (i.e. we had the rainy season in the Amazon and dry season in the Galapagos).

The kids loved it. A few highlights:

1) Jungle walk at night - amazing -- we saw so many things including several very hairy tarantulas that were bigger than an adult's hand
2) Swimming in Piranha Lake (no joke) then fishing and catching foot long piranha with huge teeth from the same lake
3) Canoeing thru the jungle - we saw monkeys, sloths, parrots, pink river dolphins, macaws, toucans, anaconda, etc
4) Eating ants, grubs, piranha, termites...
5) Playing mud soccer with the local school kids
6) Howler monkeys - probably the kids favorite
6) Scuba diving in the Galapagos
7) The wildlife in the Galapagos - sea lions, land lizards, giant tortoises, marine lizards, sharks, blue footed boobies etc Amazing you can get so close - they are not afraid of humans

Happy to answer any questions...

MKMK trip sounds amazing! My son and I are booked on this trip over Christmas of 2019. How did you set up the scuba diving and when did you fit it in? My son and I are both certified and would love to dive there but wasn't sure if there was enough time during the on your own time and how we would set it up. Thanks in advance.

It was awesome! Yes, we made it back alive :) So glad we did this trip.

The trip report from the adults only adventure in 2016 was very helpful. There are a few changes, but it is pretty much the same. One major difference is the 2016 trip was in the winter (i.e. we had the rainy season in the Amazon and dry season in the Galapagos).

The kids loved it. A few highlights:

1) Jungle walk at night - amazing -- we saw so many things including several very hairy tarantulas that were bigger than an adult's hand
2) Swimming in Piranha Lake (no joke) then fishing and catching foot long piranha with huge teeth from the same lake
3) Canoeing thru the jungle - we saw monkeys, sloths, parrots, pink river dolphins, macaws, toucans, anaconda, etc
4) Eating ants, grubs, piranha, termites...
5) Playing mud soccer with the local school kids
6) Howler monkeys - probably the kids favorite
6) Scuba diving in the Galapagos
7) The wildlife in the Galapagos - sea lions, land lizards, giant tortoises, marine lizards, sharks, blue footed boobies etc Amazing you can get so close - they are not afraid of humans

Happy to answer any questions...
Wow! Oh my goodness...this sounds absolutely amazing. Swimming in piranha lake?! Holy smokes. Sounds like you did completely incredible things every day. I’d love to hear your thoughts on the Anakonda. Room/food/I hate to use the word “pleasant,” but...was it comfortable...enough? So glad you had such a great time and am really looking forward to hearing more! Thanks so much!:D

MKMK trip sounds amazing! My son and I are booked on this trip over Christmas of 2019. How did you set up the scuba diving and when did you fit it in? My son and I are both certified and would love to dive there but wasn't sure if there was enough time during the on your own time and how we would set it up. Thanks in advance.

My bad, typo we went snorkeling (not scuba). I would call the Finch Bay hotel directly and ask them if it is possible. One of days you are in Galapagos there is a walk to a beach/kayaking. While it is fun, if I was scuba certified and in the Galapagos, I might see if I could fit that in instead.

Wow! Oh my goodness...this sounds absolutely amazing. Swimming in piranha lake?! Holy smokes. Sounds like you did completely incredible things every day. I’d love to hear your thoughts on the Anakonda. Room/food/I hate to use the word “pleasant,” but...was it comfortable...enough? So glad you had such a great time and am really looking forward to hearing more! Thanks so much!:D

The Anakonda was much better than we expected. When I tried to research it before the trip, couldn't find much about it other than their website which has a description of the vessel/excursions. The rooms are nice and the bathroom is much bigger than on DCL. :). The food was "pleasant" -- given they are in the middle of the Amazon with no easy way to get supplies, they did a nice job.

MKMK, I've gotta ask for more info: Swimming in Pirahana Lake? Was that...um...safe? Or was it what my little grandson would call a thumbs-down choice? :-)

LOL!!! If you google "swimming with pirahana" there is a helpful wikihow article that explains it is safe (as long as you do it during the rainy season which it was while we were there). Here is our daughter jumping in....

DSCN2940.jpg

And here is the friendly fella we caught about an hour later....

DSCF0205.jpg

DH says he doubts anyone would have went swimming if we would have fished first :)

Last edited:
The Anakonda was much better than we expected. When I tried to research it before the trip, couldn't find much about it other than their website which has a description of the vessel/excursions. The rooms are nice and the bathroom is much bigger than on DCL. :). The food was "pleasant" -- given they are in the middle of the Amazon with no easy way to get supplies, they did a nice job.
Perfect! Great to hear. I just couldn’t find any good detail regarding that ferry! LOVE the lake pics...last question (for now)....group size and guides...I can’t imagine having 40 people doing all these activities in the Amazon. I hope it was a smaller group! And were your guides fabulous as always?princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!