Amazon.com and Apple partner up!

GBShorts

DISBoards Member
Sort of. ;)

Hello, techie geeks! I'm sure many of you have heard of the Kindle, the digital book that Amazon.com released last year. Recently, they released the Kindle 2 which loads pages faster and is even smaller than the original.

Welllllll, last night I was in the app store on iTunes and lo and behold, Amazon.com has issued an app called "Kindle for iPhone"!!!!

They just saved me $350 not having to buy a Kindle. You can stil change font sizes, you swipe to change the page, and it remembers where you left off. You can still add bookmarks as well. The only things I have noticed you cannot do are look up words, but with the internet connections on the iPhone and iPod Touch, you can look words up that way!!

I'm sorry this is so off topic but I'm just so excited I can't stand it. You can go to the amazon.com website, purchase books, and when you open the Kindle app, they load automatically to your iPhone or iPod. The first book I bought was Twilight (for $6.04), and it uploaded in a matter of 20 seconds to my iPod touch using the wifi connection in my house.

I hope nobody else has posted about this-I didn't see anything.

Thanks for reading...and HAPPY reading! I think I'm in love.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter