Amazon left my package "in a secure place"!

You never know how your Amazon delivery will come here. They do use a lot of contract delivery people, whose cars I notice almost always have an Uber of Lyft sticker on them. Although a couple of times it was someone in a Uhaul van. And sometimes it is USPS, UPS or FedEx.

Thanks for the suggestions! I checked the mailbox, which is across the street and down the road a bit, nothing. Checked online again to see if there is a picture of where it was left, nope. I'm used to waiting a day for packages turned over to the post office, but the fact that is says left in a secure place makes me think they must have misdelivered it somewhere.
It probably hasn't been delivered yet, but I'd still be contacting Amazon and complaining.

Amazon delivered something to our house a couple weeks back and left it "in a secure place" which was the wrong house 1 street over lol. It wasn't until several days later after they said it was delivered and left in a secure place, that the neighbor from that street dropped it off to my house. At least I have honest neighbors :upsidedow.

This also happened to me a few weeks ago. Luckily, when I called Amazon quite assertively to let them know that I was home at the time of "delivery", and that it was never dropped off, they were able to track the delivery via gps. The manager on the phone was less than happy to report that it was in fact delivered a block away from my house.

From the looks of it, these drivers are independent contracters, like Uber drivers. Results will vary.

This also happened to me a few weeks ago. Luckily, when I called Amazon quite assertively to let them know that I was home at the time of "delivery", and that it was never dropped off, they were able to track the delivery via gps. The manager on the phone was less than happy to report that it was in fact delivered a block away from my house.

From the looks of it, these drivers are independent contracters, like Uber drivers. Results will vary.

Wow, you found a phone number and were able to talk to them? Impressive! I'm not a fan of their customer service, I was on their live chat with someone who asked me if I checked everywhere. He didn't get my joke when I asked him if I should check in the creek behind my house for it. (He said yes I should, before I explained in was down a 100 ft ravine). I went to Target and bought the items for about 50% more because I was so mad at Amazon, told them I wanted a refund.

You never know how your Amazon delivery will come here. They do use a lot of contract delivery people, whose cars I notice almost always have an Uber of Lyft sticker on them. Although a couple of times it was someone in a Uhaul van. And sometimes it is USPS, UPS or FedEx.
I saw that one year and was like o_O wth? I am disgusted with all of our delivery here. I have had them throw a package from the usps into the patio area we don't go out on and then one day I noticed a package there , it was there for 4 days. And they don't answer the phone on royal oaks drive. I just ordered items from amazon and none of the items were prime. And now I have all these emails telling me all about the prime that I tried out. I called and they sent an email, which I kept saying I did not send sign up for trial of prime. I hope they don't bill me.

Wow, you found a phone number and were able to talk to them? Impressive! I'm not a fan of their customer service, I was on their live chat with someone who asked me if I checked everywhere. He didn't get my joke when I asked him if I should check in the creek behind my house for it. (He said yes I should, before I explained in was down a 100 ft ravine). I went to Target and bought the items for about 50% more because I was so mad at Amazon, told them I wanted a refund.
Yes there is a number for Amazon.

1-866-216-1072

The UPS driver admitted to my DD that her Amazon order had been delivered to the next block. Driver was surprised that the folks who got the package had not brought it to DD! So far even the UPS driver has not been able to retrieve it.:headache:

I saw that one year and was like o_O wth? I am disgusted with all of our delivery here. I have had them throw a package from the usps into the patio area we don't go out on and then one day I noticed a package there , it was there for 4 days. And they don't answer the phone on royal oaks drive. I just ordered items from amazon and none of the items were prime. And now I have all these emails telling me all about the prime that I tried out. I called and they sent an email, which I kept saying I did not send sign up for trial of prime. I hope they don't bill me.

I am wondering about Prime, we have it. We have some recurring orders from a vendor that my wife was surprised to have withdrawn from the Prime Program. So instead of 2 days to get here, our pistachios will take 10 days.

I have to say, other than one order that was delivered to the wrong address, and for which I got the items the day after I called and they realized their mistake, I have had absolutely no issues with their deliveries. I get 2-4 deliveries from Amazon a week, and whether they are from USPS, UPS, or their own drivers, the packages show up on time, in good shape, and in the correct location.
There have also been rare occurrences where cashiers forget to hand me one of my bags at the checkout line. This wrong delivery goes along those lines.

Amazon used some off the wall delivery company on me recently. Got a notice "package left at front door". Got home no package. Finally got ahold of the delivery company (that was an experience in itself) and was told "Oh, the man could not locate my residence by 5 PM and input the wrong code". Did show up about 3 days later. So much for 2 day delivery, apparently they quit at 5 PM.

Last edited:
So, I did not know Amazon has its own delivery service now. Tracking said something like AMZL US for the delivery instead of UPS or post office. When I ordered I could have driven 20 minutes to Whole Foods for 1 day delivery, or wait for 2 day to my house. When it didn't arrive by 8 PM as promised, I checked online and it said it was delivered at 7:22 and left in a secure place. It was still light out then, and as it was 78º here today our front storm door was open. So no need to hide the package, we were obviously home to receive it. I checked behind the house by the garage, checked my neighbor's porch as she is out of town, no package. I'm not pleased.

If this is the new wave of Amazon delivery, I am going to look elsewhere in the future. Planning to cancel my Prime as well, I had been thinking it was not worth what I pay for it and we don't use the movies or streaming.
I've had this experience multiple times recently when Amazon:
  1. Transfers the package to USPS
  2. Delivers using a local courier (known to be unreliable)
When it's happened the last couple of times, I've contacted Amazon and demanded a full refund of my order, threatening to cancel Prime. I've gotten the full refund each time, and have been told that "my feedback is being funneled upward". Who knows.

This has become more and more common, and if it continues, I will cancel Prime. No point in pretending I'm going to receive something within 2 days if they routinely deliver in 3 or 4 because of the USPS.

I am wondering about Prime, we have it. We have some recurring orders from a vendor that my wife was surprised to have withdrawn from the Prime Program. So instead of 2 days to get here, our pistachios will take 10 days.
This is why I don't sign up for this stuff. You pay and get jerked around with all this shipping.:sad2:

As far as I know Amazon logistics employees are supposed to take a picture of the product when they deliver it as proof they delivered it.

If your mailbox is one easily accessible I suppose they could have put it there (I know you said it wasn't there) but if it's like mine where it's a lockbox Amazon Logistics wouldn't have access to it only the post office has access to ours.

I've seen some creative hiding as shown on the internet of delivered packages but they usually leave a note somewhere where you can find it that tells you where it was left.

Hopefully you get your answer soon!

I had a feeling that the package was never delivered at 11 pm, since we are in a very safe neighborhood and no one would have stolen it. And it turned out that I was right.
I'd just like to say I live in a safe neighborhood too..it creates a false sense of security to say because you live in a safe neighborhood nothing bad would happen. Sometimes packages have gone missing in our neighborhood either delivered to the wrong address, stolen, or incorrectly marked as delivered but all still are a possibility.

I'd just like to say I live in a safe neighborhood too..it creates a false sense of security to say because you live in a safe neighborhood nothing bad would happen. Sometimes packages have gone missing in our neighborhood either delivered to the wrong address, stolen, or incorrectly marked as delivered but all still are a possibility.

Unless it's a gated community, most people live on public streets where anyone can enter. I live on a dead-end street, so sometimes I see vehicles driving to the end and turning back, which seems really suspicious like someone is casing houses. I haven't had a package stolen though. However, one time I did find that someone had gotten into my car, stolen some change in the coin box, and rifled through the glove box and center console. I don't worry about violent crime per se, but no house on a public street is immune to petty crime.

Unless it's a gated community, most people live on public streets where anyone can enter. I live on a dead-end street, so sometimes I see vehicles driving to the end and turning back, which seems really suspicious like someone is casing houses. I haven't had a package stolen though. However, one time I did find that someone had gotten into my car, stolen some change in the coin box, and rifled through the glove box and center console. I don't worry about violent crime per se, but no house on a public street is immune to petty crime.
Are you suggesting that because one lives in a gated community no one inside that gated community would ever do anything wrong? Are you suggesting that because one lives in a gated community that there is 0% chance that no one can get in there and take something that is not their own? Are you suggesting that someone who came in with a resident of a gated community would never do anything wrong?

Gated community or not stuff happens.

I have had packages mysteriously show up on my doorstep a few days after they claim it was delivered. I have also had neighbors packages left on my porch, so I take them over to them. We have a run of bad luck sometimes.

As far as I know Amazon logistics employees are supposed to take a picture of the product when they deliver it as proof they delivered it.

If your mailbox is one easily accessible I suppose they could have put it there (I know you said it wasn't there) but if it's like mine where it's a lockbox Amazon Logistics wouldn't have access to it only the post office has access to ours.

I've seen some creative hiding as shown on the internet of delivered packages but they usually leave a note somewhere where you can find it that tells you where it was left.

Hopefully you get your answer soon!
I was a FedEx courier many, many years ago, and we were instructed NOT to put parcels in mailboxes. Only USPS personnel could do so. I don’t know if that’s still the case though.

I was a FedEx courier many, many years ago, and we were instructed NOT to put parcels in mailboxes. Only USPS personnel could do so. I don’t know if that’s still the case though.

It’s actually illegal for anyone to put anything into a mailbox that hasn’t come through the USPS.

A package shipped only via FedEx or UPS should never be left in a mailbox. Such a package could be reported to your local postmaster.

Howeve, FedEx is now partnering with USPS for SmartPost, or whatever it’s called, where FedEx does the first part, turns the package over to your local post office, and the package is actually delivered by the USPS, in which case it’s fine for it to be left in the mailbox.

I’ve found that packages that come via SmartPost, even if they’re supposed to be 2-day delivery, frequently take 3 or 4 days to arrive after ship date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter