Amazon left my package "in a secure place"!

Are you suggesting that because one lives in a gated community no one inside that gated community would ever do anything wrong? Are you suggesting that because one lives in a gated community that there is 0% chance that no one can get in there and take something that is not their own? Are you suggesting that someone who came in with a resident of a gated community would never do anything wrong?

Gated community or not stuff happens.

Less likely that some stranger just wandering through the neighborhood stealing packages or opening unlocked car doors looking for pocket change. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a neighbor (or a neighbor's guest) doing that anywhere, but the vast majority of package theft is not from neighbors looking for packages.

Less likely that some stranger just wandering through the neighborhood stealing packages or opening unlocked car doors looking for pocket change. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a neighbor (or a neighbor's guest) doing that anywhere, but the vast majority of package theft is not from neighbors looking for packages.
I understand but I was responding to the poster saying "since we are in a very safe neighborhood and no one would have stolen it."

To your point living in a gated community doesn't magically mean packages will never not show up at your house either by theft, being mis-delivered, or incorrectly marked as delivered.

To your point living in a gated community doesn't magically mean packages will never not show up at your house either by theft, being mis-delivered, or incorrectly marked as delivered.

Possibly. But most "safe neighborhoods" are still accessible by the public at large. Being in a gated community would severely reduce the chance of random package thefts by strangers casing a neighborhood for unsecured packages.

It’s actually illegal for anyone to put anything into a mailbox that hasn’t come through the USPS.

I guess I've been guilty of that. But I think it's well past the statute of limitations.

I've got a mail slot at home, and apparently that's exempt from the law.

Possibly. But "safe neighborhoods" are still accessible by the public at large. Being in a gated community would severely reduce the chance of random package thefts by strangers casing a neighborhood for unsecured packages.
I'm not sure why we're going in circles on this? lower chance does not equal no chance by which my comments were just pointing out that fact.

Not Amazon related, but delivery related. A few years ago my in-laws sent us smoked Salmon from their summer trip to Alaska as a surprise. A week or two later they asked if we had received it since they hadn't heard from us about it. We said no, we didn't get it. We contacted UPS and they swore and down that they left it at our house. Nope. No salmon. I finally found it wedged behind the screen side door. The door that we never use. There it was ... over two weeks in hot Wisconsin weather. It went straight into the garbage and UPS refused to compensate us since they had delivered it.

Wow, you found a phone number and were able to talk to them? Impressive! I'm not a fan of their customer service, I was on their live chat with someone who asked me if I checked everywhere. He didn't get my joke when I asked him if I should check in the creek behind my house for it. (He said yes I should, before I explained in was down a 100 ft ravine). I went to Target and bought the items for about 50% more because I was so mad at Amazon, told them I wanted a refund.

It's really really really really really lol hard to find their phone number or contact number but I was able to do it by going through a bunch of links on their web page. They don't make it easy. They did refund me but like I said, several days later a woman dropped it off at my house, told me she lived on the next street. I did contact them back by e-mail this time, (again not an easy thing to do, I couldn't remember how I contacted them the first time bc it's not easy to find a contact) and let them know what happened that the neighbor did finally drop it off.

When I Google "Amazon phone number" this number comes right up (888) 280-4331. Does that number not work?

Reactions: Iya
Amazon seems to use USPS in our area for deliveries. Since USPS routinely leaves packages at the wrong address in our area I go looking for any packages that say left at our house but aren't. So far I've found the packages.

They tend to leave them at the same house number on the wrong street. There are 4 of us who have gotten to know each other a bit because of messed up package deliveries.

Amazon seems to use USPS in our area for deliveries. Since USPS routinely leaves packages at the wrong address in our area I go looking for any packages that say left at our house but aren't. So far I've found the packages.

They tend to leave them at the same house number on the wrong street. There are 4 of us who have gotten to know each other a bit because of messed up package deliveries.

I generally get all my packages, but also get lots of things for the house right behind mine that has my same house number. I can’t even count the number of times I go knock on their door with their stuff

I generally get all my packages, but also get lots of things for the house right behind mine that has my same house number. I can’t even count the number of times I go knock on their door with their stuff
My mom used to have the, though it was more mail, there's a house that has the same number as hers on the next road over..my mom's road is called Street and the other road is called Place, same number for the road name used in both.

Oh don't get me started on our postal carrier! He once took the kind of mail that has to be signed for (certified or registered, I can't remember which) to the wrong house, got them to sign for it, and left. Our neighbor thankfully brought it over when she realized it was ours.

I signed up to have my mail held starting this Friday, and there was no mail in my box today. I called my local post office (again, another hard to find phone number) and she said she would send him out with it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!