Ambassador vs Disneyland Hotel

chadbag

Earning My Ears
We will be in Tokyo for 6 nights in January. We will be visiting the parks 3-4 days of that (I will probably be 4 days, some of the family want to go and stalk Japanese pop stars :laughing: and may skip the last day).

The Disney hotels were out of reach the first 2 days, so we have 2 days already booked, prepaid at the Hilton Tokyo Bay. But we'd like to stay the other 4 nights at a Disney hotel. I can still get either (or both on a split) a "standard floor superior room" at the Ambassador or "Standard Superior Room 4th--9th Floors" at Disneyland Hotel.

We'd like to stay at least one night at the Ambassador so we can eat breakfast at Chef Mickey's, but we are not opposed to staying at two different places for the 4 nights.

How do they compare, and what are the advantages and disadvantages of both places?

How do the Disneyland Standard Superior rooms 1st-3rd floor compare to the 4th-9th floor rooms and what is an "Alcove" room?

I'd like the Ambassador Floor or Conceirge Floor rooms, but almost $200 a night more for them is not going to happen...

So the comparison should be the so-called "standard" "superior room." We will have 2 adults and 2 bed-sharing kids, and maybe an extra adult (SIL) a night or two. It seems most rooms have trundle beds so we should be good to go there.

Thanks

We have stayed at the TDL hotel and the Sheraton. Sorry but we skipped the thought of staying at the Ambassador hotel as we would have needed to use the buses to get to the monorail...sad but true! Also they had just stopped the Cirque de Solei show so we had no real need to be close. We had dinner ressies at CM.

The alcove room is a room where there is an additional single bed that sits inside an "alcove" (recessed section) of the hotel wall (it is a normal freestanding bed) and in the next room their "alcove" section is next to yours so looking from above the wall would seem to zigzag. You can see pics if you go to the Disneyland hotel website. Don't be fooled into thinking a photo with two pillows on the bed means it fits two adults - wrong! Always check the official wording on number of guests permitted in a room.

We stayed at TDL hotel for 6 nights and got monorail passes included in the rate plus we were given a generous upgrade and had a most luxurious suite that had three beds and all the usual amenities plus sitting room, study nook, dining area and a really deep bath. Our view was of the front gates of DL but the monorail obstructed it a little. Made me feel guilty for actually wanting to stay at the Mira Costa (which wasn't available in my budget for all the dates I needed)!

Just a word of advice for booking the official surrounding hotels. We found cheaper pricing offered to other countries on their 'expedia' sites than what we were offered from expedia.com.au so it's worth checking out Ireland or Brazil's expedia sites for better pricing. Have fun!

We generally get alcove rooms when we stay at TDH (the Peter Pan room). I have two kids but only one of them is eligible for the bed-share. We generally get the alcove room so everyone has their own bed. Using an alcove room my family of four + my MIL were able to stay in a single room using both the trundle and the alcove bed and a bedshare. Fair warning: the beds for the bedshare are SMALL. Like twin plus size, not double or queen. I'm pretty small and my daughter was 6, but it was still a tight fit.

I've never stayed at the Ambassador because I prefer to be able to walk to TDH for a break in the day. Also, I can never seem to get availability when I try to book there (we book via DVC).

They did that recent remodel which is the primary reason I'd like to stay at the Ambassador sometime.

Hi. I was hoping to get some info on the Ambassador Hotel as I will be spending five night there at the end of April 2014. For four of those nights I was able to get a superior room on the standard floor using my DVC points. The night a will arrive is a Saturday and, for that night their was absolutely nothing available for points or cash except a five thousand room at the MiraCosta hotel Which I did not book. After checking their web site twice a day for about two weeks I was finally able to book, for cash, the same type room I got with points at the Ambassador. Hopefully I won't have to change rooms. Has anyone stayed at the Ambassador? How much time do I need to get to the parks? I will go to the parks at least four says. Somebody on this thread mentioned a concierge room. Those are only at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel.

How much time do I need to get to the parks? I will go to the parks at least four says. Somebody on this thread mentioned a concierge room. Those are only at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel.

From what I've read it is just a few minutes bus ride to the parks.

Ambassador has a concierge room/floor as well but it goes under a different name at the Ambassador. I've seen it in the online booking site for TDR and also in a blog about staying there. No personal experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter