AMC movie passes

bcla

On our rugged Eastern foothills.....
I like my local AMC movie theater, but their prices are really high now (as much as $14 for a normal movie at night) and their matinees are even about $12 for adults. On top of that they charge for parking at that shopping complex (Bay Street Emeryville) although there's a special parking rate with validation. The only really low matinees are morning showtimes - something around $7. I've taken to going to another nearby theater where they have maybe $6 matinees as well as Saturday afternoon matinees for a little bit more.

I used to deal with their high prices with the AMC Gold passes that I bought at Costco for maybe $14 for a two-pack, although they kept on increasing their prices. I heard that maybe Disney nixed them because it was decreasing their revenues, and the new Chinese owners of the chain wanted more return on their investment.

So recently I did see AMC Black passes at Costco. It was on sale now for about $18 for a 2-pack. I looked over their restrictions and don't quite get it. They say it's not valid for Stubs Rewards (I've got that) but I don't necessarily go often enough to get anything out of it. For me it's mostly useful for flashing proof of membership and getting a popcorn refill. Anyone knows exactly what the deal is with these Black passes? I understand Green has some extreme restrictions including not being accepted for new releases or not being accepted for certain movies depending on film distributor requests.

Check out availability of Moviepass close to you. It includes AMC and the art house place I like here in Nashville, its crazy, stupid cheap and includes almost all of our local theaters. God, I love apps.

Black is the new gold pass. They don't work for Disney releases, ever. Or upcharges for IMAX or 3D.

I keep hearing about moviepass and I have to look into it. I go to the movies several times a month so I think moviepass would pay for itself. I am a stubs member and a regal crown club member. did I mention I like going to the movies? lol.

I am fortunate enough to be able to go to the morning showings so only ever pay about $7 per movie. Cheap entertainment for me.

Edited to add...just signed up for the Moviepass! Can't beat $9.95 a month with the ability to see one movie everyday of the month. My kind of deal.

MJ

Last edited:

I only go to the movies once every few months. Otherwise I would sign up with MoviePass myself!

Forgot to say, green is the new silver. And what I meant before is you would have to pay the upcharge for Imax and 3D for black or green.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter