Mouseketeer
I hate rumors, they seem to be more depressing all the time
so i usually try not to worry about them..BUT...this one has
got me steamed. On another board and on another website a
supposed cast member from Epoct was told that the American
Adventure was going down for a rehab in August, but get this,
it is going to re-open WITHOUT the Animatronics!!!!!! Only
a film will consist of the entire show.
Someone please tell this can't be?? This has to be one of the top 3 attractions at Epcot, could management be this stupid??
You think they would have learned from all the flak and
complaints people are giving them about doing away with Figment and the new Journey disaster.

Whew....o.k. glad I got that off my chest.

Grand Floridian..July 21-29 (unless they close that down
for a rehab)

Well, I don't know one way or the other, but I can't believe that even Ei$ner is that stupid!!!

I hope that's not true! That would ruin the entire show for me. :(

That only won't be stupit, but WDW-newbies WILL notice the difference (un-like JIYI) because there will be no story!

Because of the age of our children we had not been to epcot for about 6 yrs (10 and 8). We finally saw the American adventure for the first time this Februaury, We were very impressed with the show. If this show is dilluted in any way it would be tragic !

Call me a dork, but I like HoP and American Adventure very much (as well as CoP, but i'll save that for another time). With world showcase having so few attractions as it is, it really wouldn't make sense to chop up the attraction in the host pavilion. So until we get the Rhein River ride, and Meet the World, and the Matterhorn, the American Adventure is OFF LIMITS.
:mad: :mad:

AA is one of my favorite attractions anywhere!! Just the mental image of Chief Joseph rising up out of the floor gives me goosebumps.

I can't imagine that as detailed as the animatronics are in this wonderful attraction (think of Benjamin Franklin climbing the stairs!) that they could ever lose them.

I'll quote Roger Rabbit on this one: "I won't believe it! I can't believe it! I shan't believe it!"

mrgoofy if you're a dork then so am I! AA, HOP and COP are 3 of my favorites, too. I sure hope this rumor isn't true.

I just bought the official Disneyworld CD and it has the music from both AA and COP. "It's a great big beautiful tomorrow....."

Mr. Goofy's post reminded me of some thoughts I had regarding possible attractions in WS. Currently, UK, Morrocco, Japan, Italy, and Germany have no attractions, and I think we all can agree that there are enough movies. Disney could remedy this with the following additions:

UK: Tower of London walk-through or ride (The history of the tower provides many great oppurtunities for Disney imagineers to be creative).

Japan: Meet the world copy (as mentioned by Mr. Goofy)

Italy: Venician float through (gondolas!!)

Germany: I always thought an attraction dedicated to the brothers Grimm would be appropriate (and easy to do!).

Just some thoughts--not rumors....only pipe dreams.

I Seriously doubt Spaceship Earth or American Adventure will ever be altered in a major way. SE did undergo a rehab with changes but it is still the same attraction. Since American Adventure is the anchor attraction for WS, I would expect the same to be true.

I'm so glad to find out that it was all a hoax.

There was originally supposed to be more rides in world showcase, but epcot was terribly over budget, and disney didn't really have the cash to put the rides in during park construction, so they were shelved for phase 2 (hmm.. sounds very familiar doesn't it). Germany was supposed to have a boat ride through the Rhine River, and if you go into the Biergarten you can tell by the way the restaurant is layed out that it was meant to be the queue for a ride.

In Japan, the building was built and everything put in, short of the theater in the round. From what I hear Meet The World glossed over WW2, so Disney management wasn't sure how well the ride would go over with guests who were veterans, or those whose were close to WW2 veterans. This was just fine with the Oriental Land Company (who was planning Tokyo Disneyland at the time) so the attraction was built only in Tokyo. Last Summer the room at the back of the Japanese pavilion was open and it had displays of japanese toys and traditional parade dragons. It was interesting, but I noticed that the room was a small queueing area similar to that in the country bears. I also saw doors at one end, behind a hanging curtain, but they appeared to have been intended to be the entrance for a ride.

Does the back of the Italy pavillion look a bit empty to anyone else? I've never heard of any attraction that was to go there, but it seems like there should be something there.

And what about all those pavillions that never got built? The african pavillion was to go between Germany and China, where the refreshment stand is now. The Russian, Israeli, Swiss, and whatever other nations WDI had in mind were meant to go where the Boardwalk, Swan, Dolpin and Yacht & Beach Clubs now sit. I'm not sure how much of this land would have been actuall pavillions, and how much would have been backstage, but imagine the size of epcot if this had ever come to reality. It bothers me how temporary the International Gateway looks, but it wasn't meant to be there for nearly 20 years.

Oh Well. I'll look into the Italy thing, and let you all know what I find out.

Don't wish for Meet the World to come to the Japan pavillion at Epcot. I've seen it twice in Tokyo and I think, in general, people would be disappointed. The Japanese culture is extremely rich in all areas, and a much better attraction could be developed.

mrgoofy, people were beheaded in the Tower of London but it has been quite a while. But Disney might worry about that image, it is true.

Let's see ... the Tower of London has been a prison, an execution site, a refuge for royals in times of trouble, and a place to store riches...

Let's see -- what rich powerful person could we put there for added realism?;)

-- JimV

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter