American Football, Baseball or Icehockey?

Pixie Power!

DIS Veteran
If i tell oyu all my plans for my honeymoon, could someone let me know where i could do any of the above, also how much it would be, where can i get tickets, will it be easy to get tickets ect ect - THANKS

Vegas - 16th Sept - 19th Sept
Orlando - 20th Sept - 26th Sept
Cruise
30th Sept - 9th Oct St Petes

Thanks for your help

Emma

:bounce: :bounce:

I think you can get most of them through Ticketmaster. You can also contact the sports arenas that are hosting the sporting events.

Check the Florida Panthers website for icehockey infomation, the NHL website has links to all the NHL teams. I am not sure where their home ice is. Check the Miami Dolphins website for American football information, the NFL website has links to all the teams. Though I think Miami would be a pretty long trip from Orlando to see the football game, I believe the Dolphins have really good local support so you will likely have to pay well over face ticket price to see them play.

The closest baseball is in Tampa - the Devil Rays. From what I hear, the ballpark is fabulous. Check out www.mlb.com and follow the links to the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. You can buy tickets on the website or at the ballpark - they don't sell out.

You can also see American football in Tampa or Jacksonville (about 2 hours). Football is only played on Sunday and one game on Monday night.

There's also the Tampa Bay Lightning (NHL/Ice Hockey) and Tampa Bay Buccaneers (NFL/Football). Both are near St. Pete.

Vegas doesn't have any major sports teams, so Tampa will be your best chance at seeing American sports action. Here is the schedule:

Tampa Bay Lightning (Hockey) has home games Sept 28, Oct 5 and Oct 7. Ticket prices start at US $7.25 and go all the way up to $149.25.

Tampa Bay Devil Rays (Baseball) has home games Sept 27,28,29 and 30. Ticket prices anywhere from $8.00 to $195.00. Tropicana Field is actually considered one of the WORST baseball stadiums in the US, but that's your best shot a seeing baseball during your honeymoon.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Football) have a home game Oct 7th which is sold out.

Tickets are available through ticketmaster.com. For baseball, it will be very easy to get tickets at the stadium on the day of the game. The Devil Rays are a terrible team.

Sounds like an action-packed honeymoon. Have fun!

For Football, if Tampa is sold out, you could look into seeing the Jacksonville Jaguars. Don't know their schedule, but I'm sure they have a web site. They have a huge stadium and rarely sell out. You would pass by St. Augustine en route and could make a short visit there too.

I checked. They have home games on Sunday Sept. 23 at 1pm against the Tenn. Titans and on Sunday Sept 30 at 4:45 (forgot who.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter