American Icon/Disney Legend Passed Away: Fess Parker 8/16/1924 - 3/18/2010

Mouse Skywalker

<font color=green>The Force is strong with this Po
Rest in Peace Mr. Fess Parker. Thank you so much for all the memories of playing Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone. I have so many memories of watching the shows as a kid, and we recently introduced my daughters to Davy Crockett. Very sad.

".... king of the wild frontier!"

Loved watching Fess Parker!

I can still sing the who song. Loved that show. :grouphug:Penny:hippie:

Davy, Davy Crockett, king of the wild frontier.
Loved that show as a child.

Fess, we will miss you. Maybe they'll let you wear your halo over your coonskin cap.

Statement by Robert Iger, President and CEO of the Walt Disney Company, on the passing of Fess Parker.

"Like many kids growing up in the 50's, Davy Crockett was my first hero, and I had the coonskin cap to prove it. Fess Parker's unforgettable, exciting and admirable performance as this American icon has remained with me all these years, as it has for his millions of fans around the world. Fess is truly a Disney Legend, as is the heroic character he portrayed, and while he will certainly be missed, he will never be forgotten."

SOURCE: The Walt Disney Company

Statement by Robert Iger, President and CEO of the Walt Disney Company, on the passing of Fess Parker.

"Like many kids growing up in the 50's, Davy Crockett was my first hero, and I had the coonskin cap to prove it. Fess Parker's unforgettable, exciting and admirable performance as this American icon has remained with me all these years, as it has for his millions of fans around the world. Fess is truly a Disney Legend, as is the heroic character he portrayed, and while he will certainly be missed, he will never be forgotten."

SOURCE: The Walt Disney Company

What a nice statement :goodvibes

R.I.P. :littleangel:

For those that may not know, Fess Parker maintained a family owned winery in California. I've tried several of them and they are quite good

Fess Parker was heavily involved in promoting of the opening of Disneyland in California in 1955. During my interview with Marty Sklar in December, Marty remembered this encounter with Fess Parker on Disneyland's opening day.

The opening day was a madhouse. There’s so many stories about that. They invited some 15 or 16 thousand people, and over 30,000 showed up because of counterfeit tickets and people who rushed the gate and all kinds of stuff.

The second half of the day I was out in the park, and I remember distinctly Fess Parker (Davy Crockett) riding up to me on his horse and seeing my name tag and saying, “Marty, get me out of here before this horse hurts someone!” Laughs…

It was that kind of day. It was pretty wild.

He was also in Old Yeller and The Great Locomotive Chase.. along with Westward Ho' the Wagons. Pleased that I saw it all in "real time" and not re-runs.
Fine man and will be missed. And as Corky says, his wines (especially the Reserve) are very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter