American Idol @ Aulani in January??

The stage was setup kind of where Aulani would end and the four seasons would begin. Over in that direction anyway. Ama Ama wasn't affected in regards to the view of the ocean. You certainly would hear the music from the restaurant. That said, the whole thing is basically like 3 hours of them setting up shots before they even let the crowd in and then they rush the musicians through back to back with each having like 2 minutes to perform. Its nothing like it is on television and the judges don't do anything more than sit there. They certainly don't interact with the commoners in the crowd in any way. A good amount of time (days) is spent doing construction of the stage etc but it had zero impact on our trip
What about guests who planned on hanging out on the beach that day, especially since the adult pool is closed? Not trying to stir up debate just wondering about construction noise etc.

What about guests who planned on hanging out on the beach that day, especially since the adult pool is closed? Not trying to stir up debate just wondering about construction noise etc.

I didn't notice any impact on the beach from the construction really. The beach is much much larger than the stage is. I haven't looked at the pool closures but if the adult pool is closed there is still the infinite edge pool and the main pool to use. I have only been twice but if everyone who was in the adult pool while I was there was displaced out it would be about 5 people that would be now in the other pools because barely anyone was in the adult pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!