American Idol Experience passholder preview blog

safetymom

dis veteran
I have posted my latest blog. www.disunplugged.com

I usually post pictures to help me remember. You weren't allowed to take photos.

Since I am still tired from last night I might have forgotten details. If I missed something major please let me know and I will add it to the blog.

Thanks!

Yikes, the attraction seems more complicated than I thought it would be! I wouldn't want to spend a whole vacation day dedicated to this thing, but I guess die hard AI fans would feel differently.

Yikes, the attraction seems more complicated than I thought it would be! I wouldn't want to spend a whole vacation day dedicated to this thing, but I guess die hard AI fans would feel differently.

I'm a pretty die-hard AI fan, and I thought the same thing! I think I will probably skip it. There are other things I'd rather see. I can watch AI at home when I'm not on vacation.

I think if all you want to do is see the show it would be a great addition to your vacation. The person that will be spending a lot of their day away from the parks is the one auditioning.

That's true - is it a long show, though? Honestly, I did think about auditioning for this (I fit the AI age limit for a little longer) so I guess that's why I was so quick to say forget it!

Go and figure. We were told that there will only be one show where the 7 who were selected during the interview process will perform. We also were told that this will be a Fastpass attraction. :confused3 I guess the "spiel" changed depending on your guide.

Our guide said that the stage is the same size as the one used in California. It's a good replica of the one you see on TV including a center section with an arch. Within that arch are three hidden Mickeys. We found two of them, but no one was able to spot the third (including our guide.)

The "judges" will sit on the stage itself to the left of the performer. There are 3 seats and me, being an AI junkie, pointed out that they're adding a 4th judge this year.

Personally, I don't foresee this being on my "must do" list.

I did the Passholder tour on Sunday......heard pretty much the same spiel as Safetymom described.
The way I heard it there will be three people competing at each show and then the winners ( 7) will compete in a "finale" show at the end of the night - that will replace Fantasmic on many nights as the MAJOR end of the day event....At least that is what our guide said.

The show itself will be short - only three performers - but the audition process, if you are any good could be several hours, especially if you make the final three.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter