American Idol new season

so I just listened to Maddie Poppe on youtube....(she auditioned with Rainbow Connection) . If they have a "sing an original" challenge..she will sail on through on that alone. She sounds just like Ingrid Michaelson...listen to "You and I" by Ingrid, you will see what I mean

Last edited:
Remember the sisters where one came to try out and the judges had the other sister try out, too? Did they make it through this time around?

good question! I didn't see them in the show at all. Shoot, I erased the DVR or I would go back and check. I did see that the girl who Idolizes Carrie Underwood (wore the outfit Katy Perry liked) didn't make it through. She *sort* of struck me as thinking she is better in her head than IRL.:rolleyes1
Remember the sisters where one came to try out and the judges had the other sister try out, too? Did they make it through this time around?

I agree I was shocked that they didn't the vocal coach through it no small feat to sing Whitney.

Just noticed that she was in the group round at the end. Her name is Britney Holmes. She apparently won some contest at the AMA’s to get a second chance. They made a mistake from the get-go on her.

Just noticed that she was in the group round at the end. Her name is Britney Holmes. She apparently won some contest at the AMA’s to get a second chance. They made a mistake from the get-go on her.
AH! That explain's it to me! I thought I was losing it, that the contestant was her doppleganger~especially since it said "vocal coach" under her name! She lost the mom jeans, lol...vast improvement (I'm 55, I can comment on them:rotfl2:)

I wonder how many contestants who are cut just stay out in LA...and try to make it work :scratchin

I was bummed to see Laine go but he looked relieved. The last 2 girls, Effie and Maddie~were so awesome supoorting each other, Effie having a hard time being excited knowing Maddie didn't make it makes me like her even more.

Really liked the crazy girl and agree with most of the people they put forward. Aside from the girl who dances and murdered Donna Summer or whatever disco song she sang.

Really liked the crazy girl and agree with most of the people they put forward. Aside from the girl who dances and murdered Donna Summer or whatever disco song she sang.
the 15 year old with the hair that has a life of it's own? Yeah...I mean, we only get the edited version but there were other's that I prefer over her. I am not sure, will have to go back and count the list, but did Adam/Ada get a spot for the guys or girl's? I think he should get a guy's slot, especially as he went in as Adam and said Ada was his "guard" or something like that. Once they get to top 10 and all bets are off on even numbers of each, fine (I actually wish it was like that already) but just curious.

I can't believe they put the girl with the hoochy shorts and boots go though. She reminded me of Charo more dancing then singing I thought.

The girl that flipped her hair alot made some pretty scary faces too but at least she could sing.

But what do I know....guess I would make a terrible judge. Katie still bugs me as a judge, the guys will say something good about them but she always had a but.... Luke I can't tell if he likes some one or he doesn't by his facial expressions. Sometimes he looks in pain but then liked it...lol

I can't believe they put the girl with the hoochy shorts and boots go though. She reminded me of Charo more dancing then singing I thought.

The girl that flipped her hair alot made some pretty scary faces too but at least she could sing.

But what do I know....guess I would make a terrible judge. Katie still bugs me as a judge, the guys will say something good about them but she always had a but.... Luke I can't tell if he likes some one or he doesn't by his facial expressions. Sometimes he looks in pain but then liked it...lol

If she was the one that dancesd with Katy perry fell I totally agree, and she made it through. 12

I was disappointed the guy from the Voice didn't get put through! He placed 5th on the Voice and I have one of his songs from that season downloaded! They didn't even feature him at all! I happened to catch him in a shot and googled to see if it was him. I wish I could have seen how he did.

I though the guy that Katy had the hots for was awesome! Not sure why they let him go and why they put through most of the people they did. This show is less about actual talent and more about if the people are interesting or not. :(

I agree I was shocked that they didn't the vocal coach through it no small feat to sing Whitney.
I think that they have their quota of different kinds of singers to choose. There were a couple that made it into the 24 that I thought did not deserve it and others that didn't make it that I felt should have. Of course, singing is not my talent so they must have heard something that I didn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!