American Idol

We are and have a few favorites already. We are watching last nite's episode now, and I fell in love with Kason as soon as he opened his mouth! And he's not hard to look at either, lol!

I don't know why I watch because I find the show so tedious sometimes. It's painful how many totally untalented hacks they let through. Once they get down to the top 10 or so it gets to be so much more tolerable.

Funny, I like the audition phase of the Voice, but not the competitions. On Idol, I prefer the opposite, I'd rather see the finals than the auditions.

I'm watching. I do like the actual competition shows better than the auditions, but I will watch them.

Voice has always been better at pre-screening contestants so the ones you see on TV are all actually good singers. Idol sees to purposely let some who are obviously not qualified get to the TV audition phase. Idol judges this year seem amazed by some who I don't think are very good singers. I have never seen anyone chosen by the Voice judges who isn't a good singer. On both shows, 1/2 of the contestants go home during the next phase, so that tends to filter out the mediocre ones.

On both shows, winning the competition is still no guarantee of a successful music career. A few have gone on and done well, however most have not or only had limited success.

I am watching. I love all of it. I don't have a stand out favorite yet though.

I am watching but I can't stand how they gush over some of these people- one guy that was up there they went on and on about, he played guitar then the piano, had gray hair and a dirty hat on- I thought he was horrible but they went on and on and on about him being the greatest ever. Don't get it.

I am enjoying it. I think he judges are more comfortable with each other this year.

I am watching but I can't stand how they gush over some of these people- one guy that was up there they went on and on about, he played guitar then the piano, had gray hair and a dirty hat on- I thought he was horrible but they went on and on and on about him being the greatest ever. Don't get it.

I thought that as well.

Makes great tv. But while his voice was mediocre his guitar and piano playing were fabulous. And if both of his songs were original then he may end up down that road instead of performing.

I am reminded about something former judge Randy Jackson once said......."it's a SINGING competition". The fact you can dance and/or play various musical instruments is not how the contestants are being judged.

I have watched American Idol every year now since the start. However, the other night I found myself fast forwarding more than I was actually watching or listening. I like the judges as performers more than I like their judging. But that's just my opinion.

Had to do a search for this thread. Seems like no one is watching, or maybe just not talking about it.

Down to the last 6 people now. I was so hoping Alihandro (don’t think I spelled his name right) would have left last night. I just don’t get what is so great about him at all. And I felt sorry for Walker having to do a duet with him, it was awful. I’m hoping either Laine or Maddison win, really like Jeremiah too though, and Wade and Laci. All are great.

Enjoying the judges, and it looks like the show is coming back next year. Glad Ryan still hosts it.

Jeremiah is from my state so he is my top favorite but if he doesn’t win I would love to see Maddison or Laci. I know what you mean about Alejandro. I have also not been a Wade fan either.

I am not a fan Alejandro and was sooo disappointed he got through. The two that were sent home are MUCH better than he is. Not a fan of Wade either. I was shocked he got through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter