American Idol

I was shocked they saved Laci over Jeremiah. Wow.

I was so hoping they would have gotten rid of Alejandro, but they would have used the save on him for sure. Hope he goes next week. Madison or Laine to win, I would be happy with either.

That was a shocker- she is NO WHERE near as good as Jeremiah! I also was hoping Alejandro would be going- I just don't get all this love of him. Every song sounds the same he sings, he doesn't have strong vocals-he is a good guitarist but not vocalist.

I adore Laine. I’d like him or Madison to win. I do really like Wade too. I’m so over the Alejandro thing. I hope he doesn’t even make it to the finale. I like laci but she has no shot to win.

Of those currently still in the competition, I predict that only Alejandro has what it takes to break through and actually have a highly successful career. I don't think he will "win." That title will go to Madison or Laine, but both are instantly "forgettable" to me and will be like most other "Idol" winners (Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson being the two notable exceptions). Alejandro is unique, and has a style and a voice which is utterly his alone. He's not for everyone....I get that. But, he is at least memorable. He will be like those "also rans" who go on to have huge careers...like Jennifer Hudson and Adam Lambert. The judges are 100% correct that he insanely talented and truly unique. Madison and Laine....not so much. Don't get me wrong....they are also talented. But, watching enough of these "singing shows", one understands that there are a ton of incredibly talented singers out there. It takes something more than just being talented to become a star.

Laci just annoys me. I don't even think she's that talented. She seems off key to me, and misses notes a lot of the time.

Pretty bummed that Jeremiah didn't make the cut AND the judges used the save for Laci--my least favorite. Not sure what they were thinking because you can't even compare the two vocals and Jeremiah's are far better than Laci's. Guess I am down to Madison and Laine although I like the others (minus Laci) as well.

I was not happy either that Alejandro and Wade got voted in but Jeremiah did not and then they did not save him.

Pretty bummed that Jeremiah didn't make the cut AND the judges used the save for Laci--my least favorite. Not sure what they were thinking because you can't even compare the two vocals and Jeremiah's are far better than Laci's. Guess I am down to Madison and Laine although I like the others (minus Laci) as well.
I don’t get it either. Laci sang the first song off key. She was nowhere near singing the tune. Listening to her made me want to stick a fork in my eye.

Meanwhile, Jeremiah’s performances were flawless. Letting him go was a colossal mistake.

Right now I’m team Madison and Laine.

I think Jeremiah was great, but I think he suffered from lack of diversity in his song choices. Everything was too rock-opera or theatrical, and he's good, but he's no Adam Lambert. Lacy could be so much better and I think a crappy song choices and playing it safe has hurt her. When she did the Queen song and Jackson she was so good, otherwise, just meh. Alejandro, he's just not my thing, but I get that he's marketable in today's industry. Of the rest, Madison has the most natural talent, but like someone else said, she is forgettable. I think it will come down to her and Laine in the end.

That was a shocker- she is NO WHERE near as good as Jeremiah! I also was hoping Alejandro would be going- I just don't get all this love of him. Every song sounds the same he sings, he doesn't have strong vocals-he is a good guitarist but not vocalist.
Agree. When Alejandro puts his spin on a song, it sounds the same as everything else he sings. I don't see where that is original and I find it boring. I was sad to see Jeremiah go because he has huge talent but he is very theatrical and that usually doesn't bode well with AI voters. I think AI has set him up well for a broadway career. But the judges keeping Laci over him? I haven't been a fan. She messes up a lot and her voice always sounds like it is straining and about to crack, similar to Wade IMO. Madison has the most talent of those who are left but Laine is likely to win because he is decent and the girls love him and he is so darn cute.

Last edited:
Of those currently still in the competition, I predict that only Alejandro has what it takes to break through and actually have a highly successful career. I don't think he will "win." That title will go to Madison or Laine, but both are instantly "forgettable" to me and will be like most other "Idol" winners (Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson being the two notable exceptions). Alejandro is unique, and has a style and a voice which is utterly his alone. He's not for everyone....I get that. But, he is at least memorable. He will be like those "also rans" who go on to have huge careers...like Jennifer Hudson and Adam Lambert. The judges are 100% correct that he insanely talented and truly unique. Madison and Laine....not so much. Don't get me wrong....they are also talented. But, watching enough of these "singing shows", one understands that there are a ton of incredibly talented singers out there. It takes something more than just being talented to become a star.

Laci just annoys me. I don't even think she's that talented. She seems off key to me, and misses notes a lot of the time.

I really like Alejandro and I think it would be awesome if he wins. He has more talent than any of them.

I have been watching, but have lost interest now that Jeremiah is gone and they saved Laci. I hope Jeremiah gets to have a career. Maybe they did him a favor in the long run and he can go about his business w/o being tied to AI with a contract.

Wade's voice and sound always are the same and I couldn't listen to an entire concert of him.

I believe it will come down to Madison and Laine. Too predictable from the beginning.

I’m so glad Alejandro made it through again! He has more talent in his pinky finger than all the others combined. Was also glad to see Laci go. I’m not a fan of Madison. I wish Wade would have made it through instead of her.

I’m so glad Alejandro made it through again! He has more talent in his pinky finger than all the others combined. Was also glad to see Laci go. I’m not a fan of Madison. I wish Wade would have made it through instead of her.

I totally disagree with you about Alejandro. Was so disappointed he made it to the final. If he wins I’ll be even more disappointed. I just don’t see the draw to him. Everything he sings is soft and slow, same sound all the time. And always with his guitar or the piano, he never seems to challenge himself as the others do.

For me, either Laine or Madison for the win. I’d be happy with either one. I would buy music from either. Would not buy anything from Alejandro.

Seems everybody loves Madison and Laine.
I love both of them too! Especially Madison.

Alejandro did especially well last night! I know that he isn't for everybody, but he really has something incredible. And, I loved his cover of Sorry.
If you don't get him, I understand. But he has challenged himself. He has always been a wanna-be guitar/musician. His piano playing was nothing less than incredible. And since he admits he has not been a 'singer', he did so well with Sorry! THAT is where he has grown and pushed himself.
Musically, and instrumentally, he is already at the top, and miles above anyone else!
I don't love everything he does. But I have to acknowledge what I see/hear.

Jeremiah can sing... but I don't find him to be incredible or flawless. After watching the replay of last week, I see why the draw to him might have begun to wear off. Some have said he seems full-of-himself, and I wonder if that has some truth.

While I love Laine... who doesn't! Something about his 'Character' is just becoming hokey to me. A caricature.
And, like some of the comments, when he actually just sang parts of the one song, without forcing that more throaty/raspy Bayou voice, he sounded incredible.

I loved really seeing more of who Wade really is. His blown-out voice is just too much for me. But I do like him!

Laci is just downright gorgeous up there on stage.
Vocally, yes she is very limited. Very little range, and always and forever sounds like she is singing thru the worst head-cold ever.
Must be her facial structure????

Vocally, Madison is the clear over the top best. No question!
The only thing that has held her back is her youth and inability to connect with the songs and the audience.
She will be singing some heavy dramatic song, with that little teen Madison smile on her face!!!!
She has not matured and figured out who she is, and she doesn't seem to be able to take a song and then make it her own.
I think when she comes into her own, and matures, absolutely NOTHING could stop her.
If she isn't the winner this season, then that is the one reason why.

The thing is, it is sometimes crazy who the voters put thru.
Adam Lambert didn't win, over that other guitar boy. Seriously.
So, I will make no guesses here!

I was devastated to see Jeremiah go...especially in favor of Laci...OMG. I don't understand what the judges like about her. As others have said, her pitch is off a lot of the time, and the tone of her voice is very unpleasant. I just can't stand to look at her anymore much less listen to her sing. I leave the room now. Laci has got to go.

I think Alejandro is sweet, but I don't believe that he is good enough to be the American Idol. Wade is a sweet kid, but no thanks to him as AI either.

Laine and Madison all the way. I really hope that they are our top two.

Seems everybody loves Madison and Laine.
I love both of them too! Especially Madison.

Alejandro did especially well last night! I know that he isn't for everybody, but he really has something incredible. And, I loved his cover of Sorry.
If you don't get him, I understand. But he has challenged himself. He has always been a wanna-be guitar/musician. His piano playing was nothing less than incredible. And since he admits he has not been a 'singer', he did so well with Sorry! THAT is where he has grown and pushed himself.
Musically, and instrumentally, he is already at the top, and miles above anyone else!
I don't love everything he does. But I have to acknowledge what I see/hear

Jeremiah can sing... but I don't find him to be incredible or flawless. After watching the replay of last week, I see why the draw to him might have begun to wear off. Some have said he seems full-of-himself, and I wonder if that has some truth.

While I love Laine... who doesn't! Something about his 'Character' is just becoming hokey to me. A caricature.
And, like some of the comments, when he actually just sang parts of the one song, without forcing that more throaty/raspy Bayou voice, he sounded incredible.

I loved really seeing more of who Wade really is. His blown-out voice is just too much for me. But I do like him!

Laci is just downright gorgeous up there on stage.
Vocally, yes she is very limited. Very little range, and always and forever sounds like she is singing thru the worst head-cold ever.
Must be her facial structure????

Vocally, Madison is the clear over the top best. No question!
The only thing that has held her back is her youth and inability to connect with the songs and the audience.
She will be singing some heavy dramatic song, with that little teen Madison smile on her face!!!!
She has not matured and figured out who she is, and she doesn't seem to be able to take a song and then make it her own.
I think when she comes into her own, and matures, absolutely NOTHING could stop her.
If she isn't the winner this season, then that is the one reason why.

The thing is, it is sometimes crazy who the voters put thru.
Adam Lambert didn't win, over that other guitar boy. Seriously.
So, I will make no guesses here!

To the bolded. Alejandro really impressed me last night. He might be the one to have the longest, most successful career. He is proving himself to be very talented, in so many different ways. He is really a musician at heart, we can see that, but his voice last nite on all of his performances won me over. I still love Madison and Laine, but Laine is striking me more and more as a 'one trick pony', he has to give up the "Elvis" thing for me to keep following him. While Laci has a unique voice, I found myself bored with her quickly. And I just could never get into the "why not Wade" thing, I don't care for gravelly sounding voices. I wasn't unhappy to see either of them go home last nite.

I think Alejandro is sweet, but I don't believe that he is good enough to be the American Idol.

I think Alejandro is extraordinarily talented, but he is not commercial enough for AI. But AI will enormously help jump start his career, and he will be going places - just not Top 40 or Country radio.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who's definitely not an Alejandro fan. When he got through, but Jeremiah got cut, that almost did me in! Almost as bad as when Bubly (or whatever her name was), the subway singer from NYC got cut. At least DS can still hear her. I'm still a week or so behind (have it recorded) but Alejandro better go soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter