Amorette’s Cake Decorating

wzd081

Earning My Ears
I think I know the answer to this, but wanted to ask just in case. It looks like they have 2 different flavored cakes for the Mickey cakes. Has anyone that’s done the cake decorating had any luck in getting to switch the cake from the chocolate to the lemon. I figured it’s pretty impossible. I couldn’t even find a mention of it anywhere in my searching.

Also, I’m not sure if this is known broadly, but it looks like they now are accepting reservations for Fridays and Saturdays for the cake decorating. Openings as early as this coming Saturday.

I think I know the answer to this, but wanted to ask just in case. It looks like they have 2 different flavored cakes for the Mickey cakes. Has anyone that’s done the cake decorating had any luck in getting to switch the cake from the chocolate to the lemon. I figured it’s pretty impossible. I couldn’t even find a mention of it anywhere in my searching.

Also, I’m not sure if this is known broadly, but it looks like they now are accepting reservations for Fridays and Saturdays for the cake decorating. Openings as early as this coming Saturday.

We went last year and I’m fairly certain you don’t have an option for the cake flavor. (Maybe if there was an allergy issue or something they may accommodate).
I’m curious as to the extra days it’s offered. It’s only for October right now so I’m wondering if it’ll be extended. We already have a Monday booked in November (excited to see what the seasonal cake will be since last year we did the classic).

We did the cake decorating last year and if i remember right it is the cake that is in season. I would try and call and ask?

I hope they open Dec. for Friday and Saturday reservations. We’ve been searching for months. Thanks for posting!

Big question (and maybe a silly one) from someone who’s never flown commercially before...how do you safely get the cake home on a plane? There is an opening on our last day, but I don’t want to do the class if we won’t be able to transport the cake home with us without it being damaged or torn up in security.

I hope they open Dec. for Friday and Saturday reservations. We’ve been searching for months. Thanks for posting!

Is it possible they're fully booked already? After reading this thread I went to check reservations for this, and there are several December dates in blue, but I checked each one that fell during our trip (12/20-12/27) and it said there were none available. Admittedly I've never checked before though, so it could mean that there are "none available" because they haven't released the dates yet. Anyone know?

Also...I noticed that it said that each "reservation" is for up to 2 people. We have a party of 3...is it possible for one person to go and just watch?

Is it possible they're fully booked already? After reading this thread I went to check reservations for this, and there are several December dates in blue, but I checked each one that fell during our trip (12/20-12/27) and it said there were none available. Admittedly I've never checked before though, so it could mean that there are "none available" because they haven't released the dates yet. Anyone know?

Evidently they opened dates 180 days out. Someone from a fb group I’m in has hers booked for 12/13. I’ve called a couple times and they said it booked fast. I just keep checking hoping someone will cancel

Evidently they opened dates 180 days out. Someone from a fb group I’m in has hers booked for 12/13. I’ve called a couple times and they said it booked fast. I just keep checking hoping someone will cancel
Bummer! But thanks so much for letting me know...I'll call and check as well. I'd love to do it for my birthday on 12/26. :)

If you do talk to someone I wonder if they’d know if they were planning on adding Thursday’s and Friday’s in December like they just did for October

Thursdays are already in "blue", so I think they're already on there...it's Fridays and Saturdays that appear to be greyed out. I'm going to call right now and see what they say...will report back. :)

Just hung up from the call...CM had never heard of the event before. :worried: She initially tried to tell me that the greyed out days (Fridays and Saturdays) meant that those dates were all booked up, and that the blue dates meant that there were times available. :sad2: I pointed out to her that I had already checked all the blue dates for my dates and that there were none available, but she insisted on double checking anyway. What a surprise to find that all the dates were fully booked, just as I'd said! She also said to check back 1-2 days before the dates you were interested in, because that's when they get the most cancellations.

I also asked her if Disney planned on opening up Fridays and Saturdays for reservations, and she said no...but given that she'd never heard of the event before, I don't know that I'd trust that!

ETA: The only good news for me personally is that I happened to check dates for the week we'll be going to celebrate H's birthday (late February) and all dates are still available! So I will have to see if he's interested and nail him down on the date this weekend while I still can snag a spot.

Just hung up from the call...CM had never heard of the event before. :worried: She initially tried to tell me that the greyed out days (Fridays and Saturdays) meant that those dates were all booked up, and that the blue dates meant that there were times available. :sad2: I pointed out to her that I had already checked all the blue dates for my dates and that there were none available, but she insisted on double checking anyway. What a surprise to find that all the dates were fully booked, just as I'd said! She also said to check back 1-2 days before the dates you were interested in, because that's when they get the most cancellations.

I also asked her if Disney planned on opening up Fridays and Saturdays for reservations, and she said no...but given that she'd never heard of the event before, I don't know that I'd trust that!

ETA: The only good news for me personally is that I happened to check dates for the week we'll be going to celebrate H's birthday (late February) and all dates are still available! So I will have to see if he's interested and nail him down on the date this weekend while I still can snag a spot.

It’s crazy how much they don’t know. Sometimes you’ll get lucky and get someone that knows but most of the time not. But that’s good to know about checking a day or two before. If you don’t get it this time then atleast you’ll have late February. This is all my 11 year old has talked about since she found out about it but I did not realize it was so popular . Maybe we’ll luck out.

I did read some blogs saying they went with 2 people and just stood back and watched but I’m not sure how accurate that was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter