An American <Melting> in Paris

We have a reservation at Walt's for dinner our second night, but haven't made any other reservations. In the event that we want to make reservations for the third night or for a lunch, is it likely that we can get one a day or two ahead of it or are we likely to find no availability?

We have a reservation at Walt's for dinner our second night, but haven't made any other reservations. In the event that we want to make reservations for the third night or for a lunch, is it likely that we can get one a day or two ahead of it or are we likely to find no availability?

It depends on when you're there. I've had times when all restaurants were fully booked a week in advance! This is more the exception, but on busy times it can definitely happen.

We were there in June and it was very warm then too. We got lucky though and left before that huge heat wave the following week. So glad. As someone who lives in CA and EVERYTHING has AC it was hard for us to deal. We found that pretty much nothing had AC. Nothing at the parks or in paris. Then trains didn't have it, no shops or restaurants. I get that Paris "usually" is not that hot but we were dieing. Hope you have a great time. We did enjoy it and thought that it was a very pretty park.

So, we're there next week (Tuesday through Friday), and the forecast is showing 97 F on Tuesday, and better than 90 F our other days, too. UGH! On the plus side, at least our Disney hotel has A/C (the ones we're staying in in Normandy and Paris do not, though Normandy won't be THAT hot). I'm hoping the forecasts change, because I've done DLR when temps are above 90, and it's not optimal. I live in Arizona, so I'm used to some heat, but being outside in it is tough.

Oh, well. Maybe it'll keep the crowds away.

The advantage of DLP is that it's build for France, meaning different seasons, so a lot is indoors (because of cold in the winter or day long drizzles any time of year). They also put up mist walls in certain areas where you can walk through to cool down a bit

Mist walls are the “air conditionned” areas of DLP. There's nothing like Carrousel of Air Condition here!

Well, in a classic "Be Careful What You Wish For" way, my wish came true. The forecast did, indeed, change. IT GOT WORSE. Way worse. For our arrival day and two full days, we're looking at highs of 99, 104, and 105. Then, inexplicably, it drops to the 80s for departure day.

Again, grateful that these are the only days of our trip that we'll be in a hotel with A/C. Just wish these days weren't happening.

Well, in a classic "Be Careful What You Wish For" way, my wish came true. The forecast did, indeed, change. IT GOT WORSE. Way worse. For our arrival day and two full days, we're looking at highs of 99, 104, and 105. Then, inexplicably, it drops to the 80s for departure day.

Again, grateful that these are the only days of our trip that we'll be in a hotel with A/C. Just wish these days weren't happening.
Kind reminder: A/C in hotels in Europe is not the same as A/C in the US, be prepared for this.
On the plus side, you will be forced to slow down, which is what vacations are for... good luck!

Yes, but SOME A/C is way better than none.

Walt's, BTW, is NOT worth the absolutely exorbitant cost. I had chili. It was tasty, but when does even good chili rise to being worth EU40? The hubs ordered scallops from the premium menu for EU62. He got five smallish scallops, plus a soup and dessert. DD11 GOT the EU38 kid's tenderloin. It was tough and gristly. VERY disappointed, as this was our splurge meal, and we're compensating for it by cheating out everywhere else. Also, service was ingratiating when present, but indifferent when not.

Last edited:
Most outside shows (Including the parade) have been cancelled today, and many characters m&g adapted because of the extreme heat.

Stay cool everyone!!

Yes, but SOME A/C is way better than none.

Walt's, BTW, is NOT worth the absolutely exorbitant cost. I had chili. It was tasty, but when does even good chili rise to being worth EU40? The hubs ordered scallops from the premium menu for EU62. He got five smallish scallops, plus a soup and dessert. DD11 GOT the EU38 kid's tenderloin. It was tough and gristly. VERY disappointed, as this was our splurge meal, and we're compensating for it by cheating out everywhere else. Also, service was ingratiating when present, but indifferent when not.
Wow, I'm sorry you had a bad experience! I had a great time there and thought the food was really good when I went in May. It did help that I had free half board so I didn't pay extra for the meal (I thought all of the food prices for the restaurants were way too much even for Disney Parks). I was worried I wouldn't like the food as I am really, really picky. And my Mom and sister really liked their meals as well.

I guess I might have felt differently if I was paying directly for the meal.

Wow, I'm sorry you had a bad experience! I had a great time there and thought the food was really good when I went in May. It did help that I had free half board so I didn't pay extra for the meal (I thought all of the food prices for the restaurants were way too much even for Disney Parks). I was worried I wouldn't like the food as I am really, really picky. And my Mom and sister really liked their meals as well.

I guess I might have felt differently if I was paying directly for the meal.

So the Half Board plan covers table service places? Do you know how much the value of each credit/voucher is? Somehow I was under the impression that it was only enough for CS or Buffet places.

WOW reading these is making me SO glad we are going in November. Of course with our luck it will be snowing...:rotfl2:

There are three different levels with different values and different restaurants they cover. Which one do you have (or where are you staying? It’s related)
Ohh ok, we probably have the lowest one, We are at the Santa Fe..

Yes, that’s the lowest (you can take higher) and mostly buffets
Ok thanks, do you have any idea of the value of the voucher/credit? I think we can pay the difference if we want to go to a regular TS place, is that right?

Ok thanks, do you have any idea of the value of the voucher/credit? I think we can pay the difference if we want to go to a regular TS place, is that right?
Yeah, I stayed at the Disneyland Hotel as this was a special trip to Europe for my Mom's 75th birthday.

Either way I think you will have a GREAT time!! We did eat at Toad's hall too and I though the food there was also very good. So I think the counter service can have good meals too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!