An Epic Girl's Trip With Some Joey on the Side...Updated 4/29-COMPLETE

I really want to see Pet Semetary, but I want to read it first!! That's one of the Stephen King books I haven't managed to read yet...and believe it or not, never seen the original either! I have some work to do here obviously LOL

So excited our trip is just around the corner. I can't wait to actually get to spend some time with you and Joe. I have done absolutely nothing to prepare and just booked my flights home yesterday, so I'm a little behind the curve :P

Joe and I are soooooo looking forward to hanging out with you. 3 weeks from Wednesday for us.

Happy Birthday to Joe! McCormicks aside (we have them too and don't care for them) it looks like you two had a great weekend.

I thought it would be really good, but unfortunately, sucked big time. Everything else was good tho.

What wonderful news on Timmy. Does he know what he is going to do yet? And guess what, we'll overlap by 1 day so maybe we can see each other again. The family and I get down there on the 10th!

He's doing custodial but hasn't been told where yet. He's hoping to go back to MK.
We have to totally try to see each other in August. That would be great!!!!!! We will talk about it and make it happen.

Happy early birthday to you too! Looks like your family has some fun surprises in store for you.

I get a second clue today.:cake:

I really want to see Pet Semetary, but I want to read it first!! That's one of the Stephen King books I haven't managed to read yet...and believe it or not, never seen the original either! I have some work to do here obviously LOL

It was good. I haven't read the book yet either.

Last Disney Day...

This is the day everybody absolutely hates. It's the last day in Disney...Our original plan was to sleep in, have lunch at Homecomin', and finish up some last minute shopping in DS. But, this will obviously change if Joe and I actually go through with becoming AP holders. If this is the case, we decided that we'd like to spend our last day back at DAK. I will try to grab a couple FP's, and we will just take the day in stride. It might be nice to just walk around and take it all in, you know, do things we normally don't do like the trails...

We'd like to be on the road by 2 pm the latest, so we don't hit rush hour traffic in Tampa. Yep, vaca isn't over kids. We still have 5 nights/6 days in St Pete. Woot! Woot! I think we will totally enjoy laying on the beach and swimming in the pool after what's sure to be a VERY busy Disney first lag of the trip...

As for St Pete, Joe and I are babysitting Gia for 2 nights while her mommy goes out of town and her daddy has to work some OT. I know we want to hit up Ruth Chris for dinner one night. We will also make a couple stops at Larry's (an incredible ice cream shop that's a must do every time we visit St Pete). I am dying for some of Joe's moms homemade, Italian cuisine. She's honestly the best cook EVER!!!! She tends to spoil me and Joe when we come to town...

Saturday, the 11th we fly back to Chicago on one of the last flights out. But, never fret...I will be back to Disney in August and I still have that mystery Birthday trip to look forward to in June (I get another clue tonight). I'll keep you posted and we will talk soon...

Second Clue:

I received another puzzle last night, so I know where I'm going for the first 2 nights of my trip. I'm being taken to Rosen Shingle Creek in Orlando. It's about a 15-minute drive from Disney, so I know we will spend some time in DS at the very least. This makes me EXTREMELY happy. This is a resort where my sister stays when she visits Disney, so I know it's very nice and very large. I think it has 4 pools...

CE6C5F1B-D66B-428E-A9EB-BF4A3AF86F1C.jpeg

I will get my final clue next week. It will tell me where I'm staying the last 2 nights of the trip. Then, my sister will fill in the rest of the details, like flight times, dinner reservations etc...

STYLE UPDATE:

The first Disney movie I ever saw was Robin Hood. So, when I saw this tee at Disney Shop, I KNEW I had to order it...Isn't it ADORABLE!?!? Prince John is on the back and it says Oo-De-Lally.

file_44d232db.jpeg

Last Disney days are always sad, but it sounds like you have a lot to look forward to right after and in the coming months!

Yay for another clue! Sounds fun!!

I think it will be so nice for you guys to have all that rest time after your May trip! Disney always seems to be a vacation that you need a vacation from so that will be nice! lol

And omg how adorable is that second clue! I wonder where your second half of your stay will be??? Do you think that they would do a Disney hotel? That would be my guess! haha

If this is the case, we decided that we'd like to spend our last day back at DAK. I will try to grab a couple FP's, and we will just take the day in stride. It might be nice to just walk around and take it all in, you know, do things we normally don't do like the trails...
That sounds like a perfect way to spend a last day! We've only taken the time to mosey on the trails during one trip, and it really was one of my favorite days!

Love your Robin Hood shirt!! That was one of my brother's and my favorite movies growing up! In fact, I may or may not have rearranged some of my trip plans to meet Prince John, Robin Hood, and Little John at their flagpole pop ups :)

Last Disney days are always sad, but it sounds like you have a lot to look forward to right after and in the coming months!

Yay for another clue! Sounds fun!!

I am really excited to have 4 trips planned in 5 months. And, so much time in Disney!!!!

I think it will be so nice for you guys to have all that rest time after your May trip! Disney always seems to be a vacation that you need a vacation from so that will be nice! lol

And omg how adorable is that second clue! I wonder where your second half of your stay will be??? Do you think that they would do a Disney hotel? That would be my guess! haha

That pic of Gia was taken last year on our girl's trip. I forgot to mention that the last 2 days Gia will be with her dad. So, my guess is that we are going to go back to St Pete to stay on the beach...I'm hoping to stay at the Trade Winds, so we will see...

In fact, I may or may not have rearranged some of my trip plans to meet Prince John, Robin Hood, and Little John at their flagpole pop ups :)

Ok, so how do you know where and when they will be at their flag poles????? I haven't had a pic taken with Robin Hood since I was a junior in HS...And, this is something i would totally wait for...

Ok, so how do you know where and when they will be at their flag poles????? I haven't had a pic taken with Robin Hood since I was a junior in HS...And, this is something i would totally wait for...
I forget which online group I read it in!! I have it written down at home--I'll let you know who it is on which days :)

this is the case, we decided that we'd like to spend our last day back at DAK. I will try to grab a couple FP's, and we will just take the day in stride. It might be nice to just walk around and take it all in, you know, do things we normally don't do like the trails...

I like this plan much better. :) APs are great if Disney is your destination!

I am dying for some of Joe's moms homemade, Italian cuisine. She's honestly the best cook EVER!!!! She tends to spoil me and Joe when we come to town...

That sounds like Heaven right now. Mmmm!

I received another puzzle last night, so I know where I'm going for the first 2 nights of my trip. I'm being taken to Rosen Shingle Creek in Orlando. It's about a 15-minute drive from Disney, so I know we will spend some time in DS at the very least. This makes me EXTREMELY happy. This is a resort where my sister stays when she visits Disney, so I know it's very nice and very large. I think it has 4 pools...

This is such a cute idea and so much fun. I love the joy you are finding in the slow reveal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!